Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

ShaneU wrote: »
    kill the first boss and go back to the hunter's dream [\spoiler]

Hold on.. I have to kill things in this game :P

On a serious note this is why I didn't tackle the boss.. I knew I was coming close to him and didn't want to lose my souls.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

:D

Damn phone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

So if anyone would like to use the share function and like give me a go, go right ahead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

Your spoiler didnt work. Game is ruined for me now that I know there's more than one boss and you have to kill them :eek:
    Prepare To Die

weiland79 wrote: »
    So if anyone would like to use the share function and like give me a go, go right ahead!

If you honestly want to mess around let me know.. But first I must use these souls. I'm streaming it now anyway if anyone wants a look. (Stream in signature)

Regarding the first boss.
    I was so close to beating it first time. Was thinking after it's going to be tough but I see now that it looks like you're expected to lose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

For those of you that went through the US store, do you know if you're stuck playing online in US servers?

That's going to be hard to tell as it's only out in the US at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭m_hunter

Can anyone is playing the PSN download version confirm the size of the game place? Worry about my spare space atm :P

I think it's 30GB in total plus a 3GB patch.

Edit: Actually it looks like it's 30GB in total

That's me finished for the night anyway.

I've beaten the first two bosses which anyone who's seen the preview coverage, would know them.

I really liked the second one as the area was full of obstacles and about 2/3s of the way through the boss transforms.

So far really enjoying the game. I haven't noticed any framerate issues yet. I definitely agree that the loading times/screen are a bit long and bare but hopefully it is resolved.

Can't wait to get back into it again tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Coming from PC, the framerate definitely isn't perfect. But it's not a huge issue. Didn't get as much play time in today as I hoped I would. Gonna take the day off college tomorrow and play.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I've been watching streams.

Dare I say it, this looks better than Dark souls. I'm not going to judge on the back of an hour or two, but it has impressed me so far.

Apparently, the are going to patch the long loading times which is good because they are way too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

No frame rate issues? I think the game being locked at 30FPS is a pretty glaring issue.

#pcmasterrace

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

No frame rate issues? I think the game being locked at 30FPS is a pretty glaring issue.

#pcmasterrace

What frame rate is it on pc?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Keno wrote: »
    What frame rate is it on pc?

Lol its not on PC man, only on PS4.... OH WAIT... BURRRRNNN!!!

Yeah, okay. Master race and all that. The PC version will be superior. But it will also require waiting over a year.

The framerate seems fine to me. I didn't notice a blighttown area. Seems to me the ps4 runs it fine.

Kiith wrote: »
    Buying a console for one game (that i'm currently interested in) would be stupid...but damn i really want this.

For anybody considering getting a ps4 for bloodborne, Argos are selling a PS4 with The Order and Battlefield Hardline for 400 at the moment. It's a good deal in my opinion.

If you dont want either of those, there is a PS4 bundle with GTAV for the same price. I looked around but so far I don't see any Bloodborne specific bundles yet so this might be your best option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭johnny osbourne

get a ford

Don't think they allow you to use cars ingame. Would be overpowered. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Can't get over how hard this game is.. I'm being two shot.. Only in the first area.

I guess I try avoid fighting more than two at a time then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

irishmover wrote: »
    Can't get over how hard this game is.. I'm being two shot.. Only in the first area.

I guess I try avoid fighting more than two at a time then?

You played the Dark Souls games? It follows suit. You cannot run in swinging, you will be killed every time. Take your time and learn the enemies patterns. You will be flying in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Kirby wrote: »
    Yeah, okay. Master race and all that. The PC version will be superior. But it will also require waiting over a year.

The framerate seems fine to me. I didn't notice a blighttown area. Seems to me the ps4 runs it fine.

I can't see this ever being on PC. Demon's Souls never came to PC.

Has anyone tried PvP? I'm a bit worried that there'll be a lack of variety with less weapons, magic and armour than the souls games

I'm actually really looking forward to the Pvp. If there were 2 things that ruined it in Dark Soul it was shields and magic. My understanding is we have neither of those things in Bloodborne.

So I'm looking forward to when I'm invaded :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

tok9 wrote: »
    If you honestly want to mess around let me know..

Thanks for the offer but I think I'll wait. Hope it comes on time. It shipped yesterday from the UK.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

For anybody considering getting a ps4 for bloodborne, Argos are selling a PS4 with The Order and Battlefield Hardline for 400 at the moment. It's a good deal in my opinion.

Yeah, i saw that. Was thinking I could get it and clear the Order in 2 hours, and trade both of them in towards Bloodborne. Would certainly help with the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

If you dont want either of those, there is a PS4 bundle with GTAV for the same price. I looked around but so far I don't see any Bloodborne specific bundles yet so this might be your best option.

The Argos Battlefield/The Order deal ends on the 26th. It may mean nothing but it could also mean a Bloodborne bundle on the 27th.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

This is a sony exclusive, there won't be a pc version.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭thegame983

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    The Argos Battlefield/The Order deal ends on the 26th. It may mean nothing but it could also mean a Bloodborne bundle on the 27th.

This. Argos tend to have the best PS4 bundles these days. From my own experience, I bought my PS4 this time last month (on a Thursday). It was €400 with a copy of Evolve. At the time they were out of Evolve stock so I was asked to come back the next day for a copy of the game. I came back the next day (Friday) and their new bundle for €400 was for the Order & The Last of Us. they had no problem giving me these new, better games instead.

I finished the order in around 5 hours and traded it in for €42 credit in CEX the next day. (and got Diablo 3 Ultimate Edition for that exact price, also in CEX).

I also got a €10 Argos voucher because I spent over €100 and I instend to use this for Bloodborne on Friday.

I am confident that they wil have a Bloodborne bundle on Friday morning. Maybe check the website before you hit town.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

How are people who were mainly shield reliant finding the gameplay, rarely used one myself but the other half swears by them, they are in the game but are meant to be pretty useless compared to previous Souls games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭thegame983

Xenji wrote: »
    How are people who were mainly shield reliant finding the gameplay, rarely used one myself but the other half swears by them, they are in the game but are meant to be pretty useless compared to previous Souls games.

I haven't played the game yet, but apparantly your gun, equipped in the off hand, acts as your 'sheild'. Insomuch that you use it to 'parry' the incoming attacks of the enemy.

The gun replaces the offensive capabilities of the sheild, but not the defensive capabilities.

You just need to sidestep alot and to encourage attacking gameplay you will receive some health back if you swiftly attack after taking damage.

Advertisement