Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

thegame983 wrote: »
    I haven't played the game yet, but apparantly your gun, equipped in the off hand, acts as your 'sheild'. Insomuch that you use it to 'parry' the incoming attacks of the enemy.

The gun replaces the offensive capabilities of the sheild, but not the defensive capabilities.

You just need to sidestep alot and to encourage attacking gameplay you will receive some health back if you swiftly attack after taking damage.

Yeah I saw that alright, the off hand guns will all have different sort of effects, for example the Hunters Blunderbuss will be more defensive as you can knock back enemies, while others will be more offensive like Ludwig's Rifle that has a large AOE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Couldn't wait any longer and got it through the US store. Downloading at the moment and should be sitting down to play it at 8 for a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Got the nightmare edition in gamestop (well picking up Friday) traded in a load of games I was finished with so ended up getting it for a tenner so i'm happy out.

Any chance they'll let me pick it up early?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

jones wrote: »
    Got the nightmare edition in gamestop (well picking up Friday) traded in a load of games I was finished with so ended up getting it for a tenner so i'm happy out.

Any chance they'll let me pick it up early?

What do you get in the nightmare edition?

No sign of my copy from vgp yet anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Apparently the starting weapon i was gonna choose is OP compared to the other two. Knowing this now has influenced me against picking it. :mad: I gotta stop reading these small bits and pieces about the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Apparently the starting weapon i was gonna choose is OP compared to the other two. Knowing this now has influenced me against picking it. :mad: I gotta stop reading these small bits and pieces about the game

What one were you going to pick? I might pick the Threaded Cane. Looks the business. The whip should have a nice reach to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

What one were you going to pick? I might pick the Threaded Cane. Looks the business. The whip should have a nice reach to it.

Didn't want to say as it may influence other peoples pick also. Its the
    *********Axe*********

I think im gonna go with the
    ****Saw Cleaver****
    instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Damn! I should have chosen op starter weapon lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Starting to get the hang of it. Three bosses down. Third one is an absolute bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

So being as cryptic as I can.. did anyone else do the side quest involving the second boss?

• Advertisement

tok9 wrote: »
    So being as cryptic as I can.. did anyone else do the side quest involving the second boss?

Something to do with a
    music box
    ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

If it's the
    music box
    and I have got to.second boss.but don't know what I'm suppose to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Not bothered that I went for an Xbox One over a PS4 because I wanted to play what turned out to be a broken as hell Master Chief Collection. Not bothered at all. :(

Ya but specifically afterwards.
    When you find the mother and go back to the daughter. Do you know if she does anything as she just cried after.

I might go back later.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Just had a surreal experience, a certain enemy killed me, I got a cutscene and woke up somewhere different. Only the souls series does this kind of thing

• Not bothered that I went for an Xbox One over a PS4 because I wanted to play what turned out to be a broken as hell Master Chief Collection. Not bothered at all. :(

Sure treat yourself and spluge out on a PS4 :)

The 3rd boss fight is extremely intense.. actually you can say that for all of them. Just the speed of the fights are unrelenting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Got the whole day tomorrow to play this.

I've never played the Souls series probably because the difficulty put me off.

What have I got myself into??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Got the whole day tomorrow to play this.

I've never played the Souls series probably because the difficulty put me off.

What have our got myself into??

Buy an extra controller, if it is your first time, you may need it.

• Still don't get how coop works...from what I'm reading so far.
    Yes I understand the whole dark souls messaging / hints thing before anyone says it.

I'm trying to find imformation in reviews and I see sweet **** all about coop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Xenji wrote: »
    Buy an extra controller, if it is your first time, you may need it.

Is it gonna be that though?

Any posts I should read regarding getting the most out of the game?

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Still don't get how coop works...from what I'm reading so far.
    Yes I understand the whole dark souls messaging / hints thing before anyone says it.

I'm trying to find imformation in reviews and I see sweet **** all about coop.

I've actually checked this tonight as I was helping a friend but couldn't join in the end since I was a higher level I imagine.

Basically you have an item that summons players. When you use this, it will look for players who are looking to join a game (these players have an item to be summoned) and match you with them.

If you are looking solely to play with friends you can go into settings and into network. In here you can set a password. Now the game will only look for players who use the same password.

Of course the other player will have to be in the same area and a similar level to join.

Also just another question that has been asked regarding servers. In the network options you can set the region to local or worldwide so you aren't stuck to any specific servers.

Hope that's helped.

Is it gonna be that though?

Any posts I should read regarding getting the most out of the game?

Just some quick tips after helping out a new player to the souls type games.

Use auto lock.

Dodge left/right more than dodging back. As you're able to get a hit in after and there isn't the fear of backing into a wall.

Use the small weapon instead of transforming it at first as it's just faster and helps you to get used to the game speed. Also it's just more useful like that for the majority of the opening of the game.

Make sure your health is full before going into any battle.

Draw enemies out.

Good luck :)

Found a secret area that 0.2% of people have found ;)

Five bosses down for me now. Fairly making my way through now, it's not as hard as it was at the start. But that's down to the me getting used to the game rather than it getting easier ;)

Was testing out the share function and recorded myself defeating the third boss if anyone wants a look.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46EGLlwmnmQ

ShaneU wrote: »

How do you know what % have found it?
    Just had a surreal experience, a certain enemy killed me, I got a cutscene and woke up somewhere different. Only the souls series does this kind of thing

Happened to me too. Outside the
    cathedral by a grim reaper like thing wielding a sack?

How do you know what % have found it?
    You get a trophy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

*Sigh was watching a site do a live review yesterday .... they where in the area where some one is
    shooting you with a gattling gun
    every time you go outside. So got to see some fairly easy looking enemies then a hunter who they had major issues with.

Really am sick with envy now for the PS4 guys having seen it played propperly by lads new to it :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I decided last night that i wasn't going to buy the PS4 for this. Just can't justify the purchase yet. Will definitely pick one up once there are more games, but for now i'll have to admire Bloodborne from a distance :(

I'm intrigued....

Just another fun stat. 30% of people have beaten the first boss. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I think I might have to borrow my brothers PS4 for a few weeks and buy him this game in return :D

Advertisement