Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Hard to believe it's only ~14 hours before I can happily remove myself from society; to let watch myself die, and die again for four days.

And on my birthday no less.

It shall be a glorious weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

What starting class are people going with? I'm at a loss as to what I'll pick.
    I was a knight in DS 1 and 2 and dabbled as a pyromancer too.

"Military Vet" seems to be your average knight in BB but "Violent Past" has better vitality and strength at the cost of skill.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Sooo, whats the overall verdict on this? Is it the system seller people expected it to be? Genuine non-troll question from someone who has not played the Souls games in the past (but will get around to it eventually)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ShaneU wrote: »
    You get a trophy

Was it by any chance
    gain entry to cainhurst or the choir¿

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Everyone stop playing this until I get it.

How dare yous...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Cormac... wrote: »
    Sooo, whats the overall verdict on this? Is it the system seller people expected it to be? Genuine non-troll question from someone who has not played the Souls games in the past (but will get around to it eventually)

From the 5-8 hours I've spent on Bloodborne so far, it's fantastic. Easily as good as From Software's best work.

That said I've played all the Souls games so I knew exactly what I was getting into.

I've been chatting with McMafia who's new to thee kind of games and even though he's obviously finding it difficult, he's absolutely loving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Dunno when I'll be able to pick this up but had a look at VaatiVidya's yootoob channel as he has some great Souls videos. Just some beginners tips but makes me want to get this ASAP. He also explains how multiplayer works if anyone was wondering about that. Near the end of the vid for people who don't want tips.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Is this expected to be a system seller? I doubt it. It's not as niche a game as Demons souls was but I wouldn't say they've hit the mainstream with it either and would expect plenty of copies to be on the shelves of CEX next week.

weiland79 wrote: »
    Is this expected to be a system seller? I doubt it. It's not as niche a game as Demons souls was but I wouldn't say they've hit the mainstream with it either and would expect plenty of copies to be on the shelves of CEX next week.

Well by system seller I meant more like it's the 1st system exclusive that could see people make the move to buy a PS4 if they were on the shelf about it up until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Was it by any chance
    gain entry to cainhurst or the choir¿

No, haven't been to either of those places, this one is definitely a secret place

• Advertisement

Well It's definitely the most interesting release so far this gen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

What starting class are people going with? I'm at a loss as to what I'll pick.
    I was a knight in DS 1 and 2 and dabbled as a pyromancer too.

"Military Vet" seems to be your average knight in BB but "Violent Past" has better vitality and strength at the cost of skill.

I was gonna go with "Violent Past" and go for a STR build but now I'm not sure as I want to play with the Cleaver now. Could go for an all round build so I can test most of the weapons out. Or stick to my Souls tradition and pick the weakest class for my first run. Deprived in Souls 1 and 2 and now "Waste of Flesh" for Bloodborne.

Or I may just go on impulse at the time and pick whatever feels good. Then spend 3 hours creating my char only to fall asleep at 3am

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Having bought all previous Souls games on the PS3 I'm absolutely sickened at not being able to play this. I'm a student so no way can I justify buying a PS4...release it on PC pls :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I think it's pretty mainstream. The most mainstream for a Souls game yet. Not on the level of Call of Duty or Fifa but it's a system seller for sure. No doubt Sony will see an increase in console sales. Sure it had 120k viewers on twitchtv at one stage yesterday 20k or so more than League of Legends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

...release it on PC pls :mad:

Sadly its a ps4 exclusive.....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sadly its a ps4 exclusive.....

Lets hope it stays that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

I'm in the process of moving house, and am without internet for God knows how long. Did not realize how awkward it is moving one account from house to house :(

2smiggy wrote: »
    I'm in the process of moving house, and am without internet for God knows how long. Did not realize how awkward it is moving one account from house to house :(

Pro Tip: Get a 3mobile mobile modem, get a pay as you go sim card with 1 month contract for €22 a month and truly unlimited data, use the sim card instead of the one you get with the modem, you get about 2-5mbps but beggars can't be choosers. I moved house recently and was able to play and host 6 players games of Destiny using it, without an issue. Also just call them one day after you take out the contract and give them your 1 months notice. If you have further questions, just ask.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd be happier if more people could get to experience the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Pro Tip: Get a 3mobile mobile modem, get a pay as you go sim card with 1 month contract for €22 a month and truly unlimited data, use the sim card instead of the one you get with the modem, you get about 2-5mbps but beggars can't be choosers. I moved house recently and was able to play and host 6 players games of Destiny using it, without an issue. Also just call them one day after you take out the contract and give them your 1 months notice. If you have further questions, just ask.

the house i am now in is old enough , with thick walls. 3g on my S4 on the three network is very hit and miss in the house. I might try set up my phone as a hotspot , as i have unlimited data with my contract

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

2smiggy wrote: »
    the house i am now in is old enough , with thick walls. 3g on my S4 on the three network is very hit and miss in the house. I might try set up my phone as a hotspot , as i have unlimited data with my contract

Unless you really want to play co-op, there's no difference between playing online and offline anyway. I've been playing offline most the time, because I want to try solo the entire game, and the huge amount of notes gets kind of annoying.

Unless you really want to play co-op, there's no difference between playing online and offline anyway. I've been playing offline most the time, because I want to try solo the entire game, and the huge amount of notes gets kind of annoying.

You can just turn them off. I have almost all mine disabled except for invites

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Can you disable invasions?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It was a joint venture with SCEJ, so it will not be appearing on any other platforms, Kadokawa are very cosy with Sony at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Xenji wrote: »
    It was a joint venture with SCEJ, so it will not be appearing on any other platforms, Kadokawa are very cosy with Sony at the moment.

Development was, I think Sony own the IP outright.

He's talking about the in game notes other players can leave to help or sometimes hinder you.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Can you disable invasions?

Sorry, I thought they meant Playstation Notifications (I thought all the cool kids were referring to Notifications as Notes), never mind. I'll butt out of the thread for the game I don't own :P

socially-awkward-penguin-meme-smiley-emoticon.png

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Sorry, I thought they meant Playstation Notifications (I thought all the cool kids were referring to Notifications as Notes), never mind. I'll butt out of the thread for the game I don't own :P

socially-awkward-penguin-meme-smiley-emoticon.png

D'oh I get you now, if you could switch all that stuff off it would have been a pretty big change in philosophy from the other games.

Varik wrote: »
    Development was, I think Sony own the iPhone outright.

I assume that was meant to be IP :p

• Advertisement

Got my dispatch e-mail from Amazon, gonna have to take Monday off.

Advertisement