Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Pick up some molotovs if you're stuck, they do a good chunk of damage to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I wasted all my Molotov's on the brick wielding things :D He's dead now anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Fu*k this game :pac:

Enjoying it?? Think ill pick it up on way home!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

'Enjoyable' is not exactly the word I'd use to describe Bloodborne or the Souls games, and I say that as somebody who adores the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Just lost 10,000 souls (i'm gonna keep on calling them souls) to the brick wielding duo on my way back to the lantern to level up. F**k this game!

:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Is there any reason why my bell is grayed out?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Is there any reason why my bell is grayed out?

Because F*ck this game? :D:P

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Sick of cleric boy, had used all my molotovs on him previously. Farmed some souls and levelled up my strength to 16 and vitality a couple o levels. Leveled up my axe once as well. Come at me bro...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

So I killed the third boss and I'm kinda lost as to where to go. I'm wandering around a go killed by an enemy.
    He takes me in a sack and brings me to a prison. Can't port back to the dream. I never felt so vulnerable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

So I killed the third boss and I'm kinda lost as to where to go. I'm wandering around a go killed by an enemy.
    He takes me in a sack and brings me to a prison. Can't port back to the dream. I never felt so vulnerable.

Ya that's the area I got to last night and felt it was a little too tough for me. Or at least those big enemies really do damage.

Explore around and you'll find a lamp. If you need help let me know :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Cleric & Gravedigger are both dead.
    That's enough play for today. Turns out it's not popular to not show up for your own birthday party.
    What a load of boll*x.

• Not often I fear playing a game I just purchased

Better drink at least 3 cans before I power up the PS4

Any starting tips for a noob?

tok9 wrote: »
    Ya that's the area I got to last night and felt it was a little too tough for me. Or at least those big enemies really do damage.

Explore around and you'll find a lamp. If you need help let me know :)

Aye I'm finding the enemies tough. I think there is another area I can go but it seems I'm stuck here till I get out on foot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

is the cleric boss after the gravedigger one? Cos gravedigger just handed me my a$$ :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Not often I fear playing a game I just purchased

Yeah, have a 4th can

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Don't pick the Waste of Life class unless you hate yourself. If you get absolutely destroyed by an enemy, you've probably gone the wrong way

Aye I'm finding the enemies tough. I think there is another area I can go but it seems I'm stuck here till I get out on foot

Just found the boss. I wanna go hoooome. Pls

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Lads there is a pretty big bug in the game.

Basically to avoid it.. do not use the resonate or sinister bell in the forbidden woods.

bloodborne-lunarium-key-bug

Master you're sidearm. It's used as a parry if you shoot when an enemy is an attack animation. It stuns them and you can hit them for massive damage. It also works on the first 3 bosses. It's pretty game breaking and makes bosses a lot easier.

Beat the first boss on my first attempt. Second boss on my 5th and the 3rd boss on my 2nd attempt taking zero damage. Feels like Gwyn all over again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Don't get discouraged at the start. You'll learn from each death and get better each time.

Once you learn the move-set of your weapon, you'll be able to dispatch the enemies a lot easier. I found that the R1-L1 combo great for guardbreaking. Just remember to press L1 to return your weapon back to it's original form.

The pistol shot riposte is also very effective. You just need to be confident with your timings and you'll deal a huge amount of damage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

This is brilliant. Just brilliant. Dark Souls 2 didn't seem like much of a progression from 1, as good as it was. This feels really like it's a step ahead of all the Souls games so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Damn 3rd boss. Died in co-op with 20k echoes on me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Just picked it up in Argos.

Never played a Souls game.

Looking forward to getting stuck in.

• Don't pick the Waste of Life class unless you hate yourself. If you get absolutely destroyed by an enemy, you've probably gone the wrong way

What's the best class at the moment?

Never mind!

Found a good guide here

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/which-bloodborne-class-is-right-for-you/1100-6426109/

I want to do a sinister laugh at all the Souls noobs starting this with enthusiasm but i can't even get past the 1st boss :(

Must try the pistol riposte against cleric beast, never thought that would work. Nothing beats when you open a shortcut back to a lantern.

Definitely a better feel than DKS2 but i think it's because that was so close to dks1, it wasn't that hard. Fair play From Software on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Got the first boss down to 1/3rd health then ran out of bullets and bombs. Camera is always ropey on bridge fights in these games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Loving the game but the load times are absolutely criminal. Rage quit and put on the Super Nintendo for a while just to be rid of load times!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Loving the game but the load times are absolutely criminal. Rage quit and put on the Super Nintendo for a while just to be rid of load times!

I know they are working on a patch for it but it definitely needs fixing alright. For a game where you die this much, you need to get back into the action quickly. I'm not expecting Miami Hotline load times but at least give a nice background of the location with some music.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

I am a total noob to these type games I find the loading time is a joke and the camera quite hard to get used to

It also took me about 8 turns to get pass the very first monster you meet ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Gi joe!

I'm looking to pick up a PS4 just for this game, looks amazing.

I'm thinking, should I wait until the patch is out that will hopefully sort loading times?

I'm inpatient at the best of times and 40 seconds to wait after each death(I know there will be lots) sounds pretty awful.

To those who've been playing it for a while, has it had a big effect on your enjoyment of the game?

Advertisement