Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Load times aren't the worst thing ever. I'll deal with 'em until they're fixed. The game is too good to let it get me down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I wouldn't be so sure the loading issue will be fixed to be honest. FromSoft are not known for providing substantial performance improvements post go-live.
    Just use the 40 seconds to reflect on why you died.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Anyone planning on going with Waste of Skin as your origin?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Started a new character again. Took me 3 and a half hours to get past the Cleric Beast last time, and a small bit further. Half an hour this time...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

What build did you start with and what is your new one?

• Advertisement

Started with the Waste of Flesh and the Cane, second was the Skilled something with the Saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Ok is this really that good??
    I'm ready to put down €70 if it is. But don't want to watch any YT vids because of spoilers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

WOOOHOOOO, first boss beaten first time out. Went in John Rambo style and it paid off. Whatever damage he laid into me, I regain by welting away at his legs.
    Phew, need a beer after that!

• Can some please tell me if the big fat ****er near the start of the game a boss, he's through the gate on the right where you climb the first ladder

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Ok is this really that good??
    I'm ready to put down €70 if it is. But don't want to watch any YT vids because of spoilers.

Its excellent. Go to Argos and put down €60. Job done.

And no Mick, he's quite a common enemy, for the start anyways ;) Get used to then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Can some please tell me if the big fat ****er near the start of the game a boss, he's through the gate on the right where you climb the first ladder

He is not a boss.... but he is tough. :P

Bosses have huge red health bars that go across the whole bottom of the screen.

Oh sweet jesus I've met my new most hated enemy.

Has a face a bit like an octopus and the weapon he uses looks like a claw like scythe weapon.

Edit: Actually I'm wrong.. it's just that it's hair is all over the place.

I hope the boss arena design improves. The camera is botched on the bridge, and
    The graveyard has me dodging into tombstones constantly

• Omg I have been playing for 2+ hours and finally found out how to heal myself.....

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

I need a new game. This has been getting great reviews - anyone have this that doesn't usually play these types of games? If so do you enjoy it?

4th Boss down. Definitely the easiest of the lot so far. Getting to her was the toughest part and I did have to deal with those enemies I hate.

Tok9
    Do I need to buy the Emblem frrom the messengers to progress past the Giants after Father Gaiscogne?

Tok9
    Do I need to buy the Emblem frrom the messengers to progress past the Giants after Father Gaiscogne?

I don't recall having to buy anything after beating the second boss. I think there are 3 areas to explore after beating him so should have enough options.

tok9 wrote: »
    I don't recall having to buy anything after beating the second boss. I think there are 3 areas to explore after beating him so should have enough options.

Can you give a pointer if you remember? I'm pretty sure I've fully explored after the church

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

My new discovery for the day

These kinda games are not for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

cloud493 wrote: »
    My new discovery for the day

These kinda games are not for me.

One of the great things about these games is the amount of people who'll be selling there copy's on Adverts.

Might save me a few quid. :pac:

Can you give a pointer if you remember? I'm pretty sure I've fully explored after the church

Okay.. so after you beat the second boss.. you go
    into the cathedral

From here you have 3 options
    - to the left takes you to a lamp eventually which is by Old Yarnham. Now to be fair this door was locked initially and now I can't remember how I got in as I just went back down and was able to open the door
    - Going straight will lead to a locked door
    Going right will lead up a lift - I'll let you explore that area but yo actually progress you need to jump down eventually.. you'll understand :)

That should help.

Thanks tok :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Omg I have been playing for 2+ hours and finally found out how to heal myself.....

:pac: 4 hours in I found the storage shelf, realised I'd a tonne of molotovs.

5th boss down. I was actually a lot closer to that boss than I thought. Should have reached it yesterday as I was practically at him.

He was one of the bosses in the preview materials too and I kind of feel I got a small bit lucky with him.

Going to see if I can do some co op against it now.

Has anyone been invaded yet?

Edit: Actually I'm wrong, that was the 6th boss.

Cleric boy done! That hunters armour is some upgrade!

Think I might finish up there. I don't want to go through the game too fast.

Tonight I had 2 moments which just absolutely shocked me. One I won't mention.

The other.. I was walking back around yarnham and just beyond the 2nd boss fight. Got to the top of the stairs and suddenly 2 hunters appeared.

At first I assumed they were about to fight me and I was in shock as I didn't expect anything but I was in even more shock when I realised they were fighting eachother!

By the time I did I was too late and the "good" guy died just as I killed the other :(

I also killed another innocent as I thought it might help in opening up an area... it didn't :P

Next thing I want to do is start invading.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

tok9 wrote: »

Has anyone been invaded yet?

I got invaded about 20mins ago, hammered him though obviously.. ;)

The enemies get tougher and have new attacks when you have high insight points, so anyone who wants to keep the game a little easier, keep your insight below 15.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Starting this now.

*Deep breath*

Advertisement