Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• J. Marston wrote: »
    Starting this now.

*Deep breath*

You can do this John

I believe in you :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

J. Marston wrote: »
    Starting this now.

*Deep breath*

G'wan john :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

First boss, beat first try. Huzzah I say to myself. Second boss? Not so much. When he
    transforms he just wails on me. But I think I have his number now....I found his daughter and she gave me a music box. muahahah!

One question, that lift/elevator shortcut. How do I fix the mechanism for it? I've been cheating a little bit every try by standing on it and then running out to make it go up and down but I'd like to be able to use the levels as intended. I explored the sewers near it but didn't find anything to help me. Anybody know?

As a shield aficionado for 3 souls games running, this is a major change of pace. I find myself parrying everything which is cool, but I keep running out of ammo. Can anyone explain the health for ammo trade? I just don't get it. I lose the hp, it says +5 ammo in red.....but I never get it.

• Small piece on difficulty and how it's adjusted (supposedly)

http://gearnuke.com/bloodborne-users-discover-way-adjust-game-difficulty-using-insight/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Kirby wrote: »
    One question, that lift/elevator shortcut. How do I fix the mechanism for it? I've been cheating a little bit every try by standing on it and then running out to make it go up and down but I'd like to be able to use the levels as intended. I explored the sewers near it but didn't find anything to help me. Anybody know?

I don't see what the issue is here. If the Elevator isn't there, you use the lever to call it. If it is you just get in. There is nothing to fix or is my understanding wrong?
    Kirby wrote: »
    Can anyone explain the health for ammo trade? I just don't get it. I lose the hp, it says +5 ammo in red.....but I never get it.

Basically if you have no ammo, you use that method to create 5 blood bullets lets say. They don't get added to the main ammo count. As in you can't keep doing it and get 20 bullets eventually. You can use 5 at a time at most.

Next time you've no ammo, do it and you'll see when you shoot that the +5 will go down until you've run out of bullets again.

• Advertisement

• mickstupp wrote: »
    :pac: 4 hours in I found the storage shelf, realised I'd a tonne of molotovs.

Where is this?

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Where is this?

Back at Hunter's dream. You don't need to worry about it too much. It essentially stores extra bullets and blood vials you pick up.

So if you use up a few, when you die, they will be replenished from storage when you come back.

That said I don't have many in storage anymore :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

You can do this John

I believe in you :)

No you cant john:pac:
    gravestone.jpg

x2045 times :P

• IGN review is up; well written to be fair IMO
    Hopefully they can patch the game to improve load times / fps

http://m.ie.ign.com/articles/2015/03/24/bloodborne-review

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

This is a game where they should do hard drive benchmark tests on the PS4. Try a 7200rpm, a hybrid and SSD and compare the load times to the 5400rpm drive that is standard in the PS4. It may onlybe small but I reckon a SSD would take about 5 seconds off the load times at a guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

This is a game where they should do hard drive benchmark tests on the PS4. Try a 7200rpm, a hybrid and SSD and compare the load times to the 5400rpm drive that is standard in the PS4. It may onlybe small but I reckon a SSD would take about 5 seconds off the load times at a guess.

Digital Foundry have done just that. Saves a few seconds with 7200rpm or ssd.

• This is a game where they should do hard drive benchmark tests on the PS4. Try a 7200rpm, a hybrid and SSD and compare the load times to the 5400rpm drive that is standard in the PS4. It may onlybe small but I reckon a SSD would take about 5 seconds off the load times at a guess.
    Think Eurogamer covered this

Ssd shouldn't be used as an excuse for poor load times / optimization IMO
    Not a lot of people would be in the position to buy an Ssd just to get a console game to perform better

There's a fairly substantial patch to be released next week think it was posted on IGN somewhere

It's a little harsh to say the game is not well optimised. I hope the load times are reduced to (or just be able to see something other than the title) but the game does load the entire level. If you were able to you could literally go anywhere without any load times what so ever.

I've heard people say they'd prefer the odd load time going to a new area instead but I completely disagree. It would break away from the immersion of the game.

tok9 wrote: »
    It's a little harsh to say the game is not well optimised. I hope the load times are reduced to (or just be able to see something other than the title) but the game does load the entire level. If you were able to you could literally go anywhere without any load times what so ever.

I've heard people say they'd prefer the odd load time going to a new area instead but I completely disagree. It would break away from the immersion of the game.

The question I suppose is why does the entire map need to be reloaded if you die. The closer you die from your initial lantern, the quicker the reload should be.

• tok9 wrote: »

I have faith in From Software to improve these issues with a patch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I have faith in From Software to improve these issues with a patch

With Sony behind them pushing the game, I say they will

I reckon we're more likely to see item descriptions and concept art in the load screens over any significant speed to the loading times.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

A game of snake would do me.

tok9 wrote: »
    I reckon we're more likely to see item descriptions and concept art in the load screens over any significant speed to the loading times.

Lore would be nice. Like
    killer father gazza
    and it shows their model and explain what they were before the change.

• Father Gascoigne is an asshole
    That is all

• Advertisement

I read the bath messengers sell madman item. Mine doesn't :(

tfw no insight

1399054297757.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I love how the blood coating on your armor works, its really macarbe looking

• I love how the blood coating on your armor works, its really macarbe looking

Please do explain

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Didn't realise using the beckoning bell uses insight. Used and cancelled it 4 times trying to get help with the 3rd boss and lost 4 insight before I noticed.

Ah well.

Grayditch wrote: »
    Didn't realise using the beckoning bell uses insight. Used and cancelled it 4 times trying to get help with the 3rd boss and lost 4 insight before I noticed.

Ah well.

If you want an NPC summons for BSB:
    there is a message up the hill from the boss location "Use the summoning bell should you require help". Ring your bell in that exact location and an NPC hunter you met earlier will spawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Please do explain

Next time you're in the Dream, look how clean your armour is.

Now go kill 10-12 enemies without returning to the dream or dying. Your armour is covered in blood

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

Father Gascoigne is an asshole
    That is all
    Copped this on my second attempt.Just keep solid gravestones between you and him and use charged strong hits to get him , he will occassionaly hit you with his gun or melee attacks but you should get him down to where he changes...then its all bets off and you'll have to finish him with skill...cheap?Maybe :) but then its fuk you from software!!

well thats how i beat him on second attempt.Tried playing fair and square on first attempt but lasted about a minute:pac:

Also my son done fine using his gun to stun and then strong attack before he recovers...as for me i cant get the timing right for that at all:(:o

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Bate Gazza, actually felt bad when i found the broach, worse when i returned it. I wasn't aware this had npc summons, must keep an eye out. I think the hunter badges/marks you pick up determine what the bath fella sells, not fully sure though.

Bought the hammer sword thing and put it straight to +2. Looking forward to putting it to use later.

I recruited a narky ol wan to the chapel, any other npc's you can recruit In yarnham central?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Played a couple of hours last night up as far as after Fr. Gascoigne. Loving the gun counter mechanic, it works very well when you get a feel for which attacks can be countered and it made Fr Gascoigne fight trivial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Stupid game is stupid

Advertisement