Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• blag wrote: »
    Played a couple of hours last night up as far as after Fr. Gascoigne. Loving the gun counter mechanic, it works very well when you get a feel for which attacks can be countered and it made Fr Gascoigne fight trivial.

Yea just copped that now. Think I'm going to do a bit of farming before I try again.
    I should elaborate here, its when he transforms that's where the problom is
    Beat the cleric beast so one boss down at least.
    Does anyone know what the blood bullets for and the shining coins?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Yea just copped that now. Think I'm going to do a bit of farming before I try again.
    I should elaborate here, its when he transforms that's where the problom is
    Beat the cleric beast so one boss down at least.
    Does anyone know what the blood bullets for and the shining coins?

If you don't use the music box you can get him a good bit down before transformation. Then your best bet is to stay away from corners and bait and punish his heavier attacks.

• blag wrote: »
    If you don't use the music box you can get him a good bit down before transformation. Then your best bet is to stay away from corners and bait and punish his heavier attacks.

Music box?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Music box?

You can use an item to help a bit..
    There's a music box you can get by speaking to a girl from outside a house next to where you open the gate that opens a short cut. If you use the box during the fight it causes the boss to momentarily leave himself vulnerable.
    Video below is where you get it
    Spoiler video:
    [

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Didn't get a chance to play last night but looking forward to playing a bit later hopefully! What sort of builds are people going?

I've softcapped Skill (Dex) at 25 it seems. Was getting 2 weapon damage per level before 25 and now it's showing 1. Kind of wishing I went strength though, the weapons look a lot better and the only Skill weapon so far seems to be the cane which I'm not mad about!

Hopefully some better weapons show up soon, I'm using the Saw Spear at the moment but the scaling is poor and the moveset is a bit meh!

Anyone further on found any good Skill weapons? I'm worried I might have missed some as I'm about 8 bosses in and I haven't found any! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I was using the music box but the beast at half heath was mauling me. Got him down instead to 1/4 health before using it a 3rd time, made the fight a whole lot easier. I can't get the pistol riposte down tho. Everytime I do it, I fel I got it by fluke instead of proper timing. Must see if there is a vid for it. Also is there no back attack animation? Do you still get bonus damage from attacking their back whether they are aware or not?

Mick, the red bullets are when you press up on the d pad, you get 5 blood bullets in exchange for some of your health, basically for if you are really stuck but I haven't been in a situation yet where bullets were more important than health.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Ugh I didn't get to play this much last night but I'm still part of the 30% to have not killed the first boss yet :'( I miss my shield.

Big Knox wrote: »

Anyone further on found any good Skill weapons? I'm worried I might have missed some as I'm about 8 bosses in and I haven't found any! :confused:

I found a Flame thrower but not enough skill to use it. You're prob talking about a main weapon but this looks like a good replacement for the pistol/shotgun. I got it off the person in
    the window right in front of Central Yarnham lantern.
    Not sure if I did some action that made them give it to me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Went into a house where a guy in a wheelchair started shooting at me, killed him and then I walked into a gap between two bookshelves and now I'm stuck.

It's ridiculous, I was able to walk into the gap but can't exit it. I don't think I have any homeward bone-type items either. Am I screwed?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

J. Marston wrote: »
    Went into a house where a guy in a wheelchair started shooting at me, killed him and then I walked into a gap between two bookshelves and now I'm stuck.

It's ridiculous, I was able to walk into the gap but can't exit it. I don't think I have any homeward bone-type items either. Am I screwed?

Bold hunter's mark is the homeward bone. There's an item that you get at the start that warps you back but you lose all blood echoes, don't remember the name.

• Advertisement

5th boss (WoH) was really cool, took a while for me to figure it out

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I found a Flame thrower but not enough skill to use it. You're prob talking about a main weapon but this looks like a good replacement for the pistol/shotgun. I got it off the person in
    the window right in front of Central Yarnham lantern.
    Not sure if I did some action that made them give it to me though.

Looking for weapons that scale with the Skill stat (Dex) but thanks! ;) I'm not fond of using wikis on my first playthrough but I took exception as I really want a new weapon and it seems there's a
    katana
    . So going to try get my hands on it later!

Looking for weapons that scale with the Skill stat (Dex) but thanks! ;) I'm not fond of using wikis on my first playthrough but I took exception as I really want a new weapon and it seems there's a
    katana
    . So going to try get my hands on it later!

You can buy a skill weapon in the hunters dream shop, 20,000 echoes though. The cane is skill too I think

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Phew, seems it has happened to other people but someone figured out how to get out....
    Finally just got out of this damn corner! The trick was to turn my axe into a two handed weapon. (L1) and then walk up to the exit area as far as allowed and turn toward the walls (corner) without stepping forward and then perform a power attack (R2). When your ax hits the wall it should sends your character jumping back thus FINALLY freeing him/her! Thank god I didn't have to lose all my souls! Let me know if this works for anyone in the same situation as I don't want to risk getting stuck again to see if it works!!

It worked! Thank you, Gamefaqs.

• J. Marston wrote: »

Try throwing Molotov's against the wall. Think I know the corner your talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Try throwing Molotov's against the wall. Think I know the cornor your talking about

Stupid question but how do i throw molotovs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Stupid question but how do i throw molotovs.

Equip them to your quick items then cycle to them using the down button and square to throw.

The Kirkhammer is class out, nice quick sword with a devastating giant hammer for the bigger fellas. I found a Blood Gem to attach t weapons but not sure whether to use it or hold onto it a while. I take it you can't remove them once attached to a weapon?

sheehy83 wrote: »
    The Kirkhammer is class out, nice quick sword with a devastating giant hammer for the bigger fellas. I found a Blood Gem to attach t weapons but not sure whether to use it or hold onto it a while. I take it you can't remove them once attached to a weapon?

you can remove them

ShaneU wrote: »
    you can remove them

Cool thanks man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I think I might be in for a rough time with this game. The very first enemy I encounterd killed me easily. That's fine. I think it is supposed to happened.

Then after I leave Hunters Dream I face the same enemy again. It killed me again. And again. And again. I had to Google how to equip weapons.

• Here's a little story why I love this bloody game!

12 attempts trying to kill Gascoigne
    Trying to farm so I could level up a little higher, ended up nearly dead and was being chased down by two wolves, they chased me all the way back to the start of the game...literally
    Ended up dying

Spawned again then prepped to fight Gascoigne once again
    This time I used the bell called somebody in, went in and owned his ass

Unreal stuff, not often a game has had such an effect on me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I think someone put it best a few pages back when they said 'F*#k this game'

If you're finding the game too challenging then don't go above 15 insight, spend it at the bath merchant or use it to summon help / invade. Enemies gain new attacks and are generally harder! It seems to happen every 15 insight. I'm above 30 now and it is very noticeable!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

When I press up on the D pad I loose a small bit of health and gain 5 bullets.... What's going on there ? Not sure what up and down do on the D pad

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

If you're finding the game too challenging then don't go above 15 insight, spend it at the bath merchant or use it to summon help / invade. Enemies gain new attacks and are generally harder! It seems to happen every 15 insight. I'm above 30 now and it is very noticeable!

Whats insight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

thorbarry wrote: »
    When I press up on the D pad I loose a small bit of health and gain 5 bullets.... What's going on there ? Not sure what up and down do on the D pad

When you're out of bullets you can use up to sacrifice health to create 5 more. Down cycles between items you've put in Quick Items.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Deano7788 wrote: »
    When you're out of bullets you can use up to sacrifice health to create 5 more. Down cycles between items you've put in Quick Items.

Cheers buddy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Can you not hold a pistol in one hand and the axe in another? I just can't figure it out.

EDIT

I got it to work somehow. Just kept messing around in the inventory screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Can you not hold a pistol in one hand and the axe in another? I just can't figure it out.

You can hold two melee weapons in the right hand, and two guns in the left. Then use left and right on the dpad to switch between them. It means you can switch between your gun and your torch quickly or your slow melee weapon and quick one.

It's a nice feature, just in typical From Software fashion, they don't explain it well.

Can anyone tell me when you get the ability to "drop your white soapstone" so to speak. I'd like to help other people with bosses but I don't know how/haven't got the needed item yet.

Advertisement