Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Capslock

I have the bell to summon others into my world, but how do I help others?

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

I think I will be one of the people putting it up on adverts ha , can't grasp it at all , just not my type of game

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

After the initial killing of some enemies, I've now encountered the same problem I had in DS1 & 2. Where do I go?

I just killed some crows that couldn't really fly and I'm standing over a pool of enemies that don't look very threatening since all they do is crawl around slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Have you killed the first boss yet? He's big and has a health bar.

The place you are describing with the crawling guys is near the second boss. Keep going and you will see a Giant....Rat....thing in a tunnel. Go past him and up to get to the second boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Just beat
    Father Gascoigne
    on my 1st attempt. The sense of satisfaction cannot be expressed properly right now :D.

• Advertisement

No, haven't met any boss yet. I've got 6700 souls and I'm terrified of losing them.

Just climbed a ladder and now I'm back at the place near-ish the beginning where one of the big guys was banging at a door.

J. Marston wrote: »
    No, haven't met any boss yet. I've got 6700 souls and I'm terrified of losing them.

Just climbed a ladder and now I'm back at the place near-ish the beginning where one of the big guys was banging at a door.

I'm pretty sure you have to kill the first boss before you can use the souls to level up. Don't worry if you die, they stay on the ground so you can retrieve them.....as long as you don't die a second time.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah like the souls games, it can be impossible to know if you are going the right way like i am in old yarnham atm flew threw cathederal ward and the tomb of odeon (sp) knowing well there were other paths to take but just not sure which to take. I'm sure, like other souls games, that's the joy of the game, go exploring and if something is too hard, go back and try a different path.

For people not sure how the game mechanics work, look up vaati on youtube. He has a tutorial for the game that is very handy for beginners.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You don't need to kill any boss to level up, or at least i don't think so. I've not killed any bosses yet, and decided against taking on the giant rat and ported back to the church. Was able to upgrade my weapon at least, though maybe there's a different type of levelling up.

They really don't like telling you how things work in these games, do they?

Flipping awesome though :P

You need 1 insight before you can level up in the hunters dream. You get 1 insight for reaching a boss and another 1 or 2 for beating them. I was able to farm and level up after being beaten by the cleric boss for the 1st time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

There's also an item in the sewer called madmans knowledge that gives 1 insight, so you don't have to go to the boss to get it. Think I was level 8 and had a new armour set before I faced the first boss.

Ya that armour in the
    sewers
    is a big help for the boss.

• Kiith wrote: »
    You don't need to kill any boss to level up, or at least i don't think so. I've not killed any bosses yet, and decided against taking on the giant rat and ported back to the church. Was able to upgrade my weapon at least, though maybe there's a different type of levelling up.

They really don't like telling you how things work in these games, do they?

Flipping awesome though :P
    Correct you don't have to kill a boss to level up

Just bumped into the Cleric Beast. It kicked my arse.

I respawned in Hunter's Dream and the doll was awake and I can now level up. I found a Madman's Knowledge on my travels so that must have given me insight.

Or something. I haven't a clue what's going on, to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I just finished my first proper session of playing the game. I reached the first boss and got killed (obviously). But at least now I have the ability to farm some souls and level up.

It is a very stressful game to play. I thought it would be easier than Dark Souls but I'm finding it harder. There are so many more enemies.

Figured out how to help people. You need 10 insight, I only had 9 so just used a madmans. When you have 10 insight, go to the fountain up the hill in the hunters dream and buy the invader bell and resonant bell.

Helped 5 people kill Gascoigne. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Played for about 3 hours today. Wow is this tough. Not sure how far iv gotten or how close i am to the boss so i can start levelling up. Furthest iv gotten is 2 huge dog like enemies on a narrow bridge i think. Anyone know where i am?

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Played for about 3 hours today. Wow is this tough. Not sure how far iv gotten or how close i am to the boss so i can start levelling up. Furthest iv gotten is 2 huge dog like enemies on a narrow bridge i think. Anyone know where i am?

I got to that point a little while ago. It is just right before the first boss.
    Once you reach the boss area you will then have the ability to level up, regardless of whether or not you beat it.

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Furthest iv gotten is 2 huge dog like enemies on a narrow bridge i think. Anyone know where i am?

When you get to that bridge, the wolves are on your right, the boss is all the way down to the left.

I am so sick of jump scares in this game.

• Advertisement

• J. Marston wrote: »
    Just bumped into the Cleric Beast. It kicked my arse.

I respawned in Hunter's Dream and the doll was awake and I can now level up. I found a Madman's Knowledge on my travels so that must have given me insight.

Or something. I haven't a clue what's going on, to be honest.
    Farm blood souls and level up, then take him on first. Steer clear of Gascoigne until then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

There are so many more enemies.
    use pebbles to agro them 1 at a time

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Had another one of those holy **** moments when you realise how connected the world is.

When people ask "Whats the best weapon?" the answer is obvious.

Pebbles!

:D

I just killed Amelia a bunch of times. Such an easy fight with two people. The AI just gets confused.

Those werewolves on the bridge are bastards. I use the pebbles to aggro one and bring him away from the other one but the other one always joins in and I get annihilated 2 v 1.

Handy trick of going back to the dark room. Wolves can't follow you and you can take them out handy through the doorway.

tumblr_nlviheWqMt1rgyh69o1_400.gif

:P

• Kirby wrote: »
    tumblr_nlviheWqMt1rgyh69o1_400.gif

:P

That is awesome

Defeated the Cleric Beast. Sweet relief.

What's the story with jolly cooperation? I have the Beckoning Bell which allows me to call people but it requires insight to use, of which I only have 4.

Is there a way to be consistently summoned into someone's game? Like in the other souls games where you could lay down your summon sign, or is it tied to insight too?

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    Defeated the Cleric Beast. Sweet relief.

What's the story with jolly cooperation? I have the Beckoning Bell which allows me to call people but it requires insight to use, of which I only have 4.

Is there a way to be consistently summoned into someone's game? Like in the other souls games where you could lay down your summon sign, or is it tied to insight too?

Yes. Once you have 10 insight collected, go back to your hub and look for the small fountain up the hill and you can buy a small resonant stone which will allow you to help other players as much as you want. It's a nice way to farm souls and insight.

Advertisement