Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• J. Marston wrote: »
    Defeated the Cleric Beast. Sweet relief.

What's the story with jolly cooperation? I have the Beckoning Bell which allows me to call people but it requires insight to use, of which I only have 4.

Is there a way to be consistently summoned into someone's game? Like in the other souls games where you could lay down your summon sign, or is it tied to insight too?

There's two more you can buy but you need to have level 10 insight. You can use the insight items to boost this.
    The aditional coop bells can be purchased once you get to level 10.
    Google insight bloodbourne, I found a good guide and with the help of tok9 I figured it out :P
    Pm me your psn I'd ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Thanks mick, got the bells, rang outside gazza, got summoned straight away and we kicked his ass. Good laugh. Now to invade some pour soul...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The first time you click the sword into the Kirkhammer...

• Grayditch wrote: »
    The first time you click the sword into the Kirkhammer...

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

On yo' back when you buy it.

• Advertisement

• Grayditch wrote: »
    On yo' back when you buy it.

Not getting ya....Maybe I haven't got there yet

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

One of the weapons you find is called the Kirkhammer and like all weapons it has two forms.

It's a sword. And you sheath it..........into a massive Hammer. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Looked up how to get the Katana last night as I really want a good DEX weapon and it required going to a secret area and my god it's a big place. It looks far bigger than the Painted World even. I'm usually not a fan of looking stuff up but I would have missed it most definitely if it didn't. Maybe it's hinted at further into the game however but I'm not sure!

The only problem is I might as well be using a cardboard sword against the enemies, would take forever to clear now. Will have to leave it and come back later!

For anyone interested the area is called
    Cainhurst Castle

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Not getting ya....Maybe I haven't got there yet

It's a weapon

I'm just soaking this game in.

The only thing I've done with my main character since is beat my chalice dungeon.

Since I knew a few others were getting the game and only starting off I decided to create another character with the kirkhammer. I've finally got all the bells now (I wasted a load of insight early on ringing the bell) so I should hopefully be able to play co op with them. I'm 3 bosses down with that character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Aw man ringing the bells takes insight? I was ringing em like a madman last night.

Jumped into Mick's game to take on Old Yarnham great laugh! I got a vid must throw it up later.

Mick the Kirkhammer was the huge yoke I was swinging around last night :)

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Aw man ringing the bells takes insight? I was ringing em like a madman last night.

Ya the bell that calls for others to join your game costs insight.

If anyone needs help let me know. My characters are Level 27 and 50.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,456 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Haven't had a whole lot of time to play this weekend, but absolutely loving the game so far. Such depth to the world, and while the 30FPSish frame rate is a shame the understated visual fidelity is captivating at the same time. Lots of detail.

In Old Yarnham at the moment, and a little frustrated at the lack of bullet supplies to test out visceral attacks a bit more :pac:

Upgrading my weapon was definitely the best move at this point, makes a massive difference in the early stages, much more so than standard levelling up. And the 'switch blade' animation of the saw spear is immensely satisfying every time! It's those clever little details that well and truly sell the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Alright, 13 hours later, and I'm in, I get it.

Had to farm the **** out of blood echoes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

How do you upgrade your weapon ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,456 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

There's a bench in the Hunter's Dream you can use. Need some blood shards, but there's tonnes of them knocking around the early game.

There's a bench in the Hunter's Dream you can use. Need some blood shards, but there's tonnes of them knocking around the early game.

Ah OK. I think I have done that once to my cleaver. Better collect more

I'm actually stuck at the moment I think. There is only one place I remember back towards the end of the Yarnham area that has a locked door. I'm going to check that out now.

The other 2 altairs I've unlocked in Hunters Dream don't seem to lead to anywhere else after beating the bosses there. Although do get the feeling you need to perform a ritual in one of the areas.

So I still wasn't able to get through that but after a bit of walking around I realised there was another door I couldn't get into. I'm able to now.

Progress! :D

Father Gascoigne is tough. Still need to kill him and the first boss. I think I have explored everywhere in yearnham and have leveled up significantly since I first fought the boss. Best to just go for it it reckon :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

The hardest thing about BB? Finding your way through this ****ing maze of a city

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The hardest thing about BB? Finding your way through this ****ing maze of a city

Yep, my general rule is to keep going up.

Don't know if that's correct but I looked down into one area and saw a bunch of giant rats. I fúcking hate rats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

So where are the best places to get this stuff?

I see VGP have it for about 53 euro shipped.

In stores I see it for 60 euro in Argos.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Rats weren't too bad, but the sheer number of enemies after the gattling gun guy was insane. Need to give it another try after losing around 20k souls (or whatever they are called this time).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Big Knox wrote: »
    Looked up how to get the Katana last night as I really want a good DEX weapon and it required going to a secret area and my god it's a big place. It looks far bigger than the Painted World even. I'm usually not a fan of looking stuff up but I would have missed it most definitely if it didn't. Maybe it's hinted at further into the game however but I'm not sure!

The only problem is I might as well be using a cardboard sword against the enemies, would take forever to clear now. Will have to leave it and come back later!

For anyone interested the area is called
    Cainhurst Castle

I started with the Saw Cleaver so i started leveling STR first. But i have unlocked about 6-7 trick weapons so far and only the Cane is dex based :eek: Why would they do this!? The cane looks cool and all, but seems pretty weak and to limit you to 1 weapon for much of the start of the game seems nuts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

a little frustrated at the lack of bullet supplies to test out visceral attacks a bit more :pac:
    push up on the d pad and you get bullets at the cost of life

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

How soon can one upgrade, had nearly 3000 yokes and got a bit brash and tried to finish the remaining few mob guys and lost them all.

sweetie wrote: »
    How soon can one upgrade, had nearly 3000 yokes and got a bit brash and tried to finish the remaining few mob guys and lost them all.

You need to fight the boss once before upgrading. Look online there are guides to open shortcuts to get to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

So where are the best places to get this stuff?

I see VGP have it for about 53 euro shipped.

In stores I see it for 60 euro in Argos.

Honestly think Argos is your best bet. The price on VGP is good but you will be waiting a minimum of 10 days. So if you want convenience then head to Argos. It is €75 in Gamestop and I think €70 in HMV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

I started with the Saw Cleaver so i started leveling STR first. But i have unlocked about 6-7 trick weapons so far and only the Cane is dex based :eek: Why would they do this!? The cane looks cool and all, but seems pretty weak and to limit you to 1 weapon for much of the start of the game seems nuts

Yep I'm seriously regretting going DEX. Although the cane is finally doing nice damage at +7 I'm not a big fan of whips. I would like some form of variety but there's nothing. Maybe the 2nd half of the game makes up for it but I had a scan through the wiki and I don't think it does.

Hopefully the katana is worth the wait I guess although I hear it drains hp when in it's curved sword form but if the numbers are good it should be worth it!

Advertisement