Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Man some of the hunters are tough. They cheese you a lot with guns that take lots of your health and they have infinite bullets.

Was wandering around looking for where to go next when i came across a secret in an area I had been already.
    head to father Gascoigne area from from central yharnam lamp

Also in the Healing Church workshop tower is there anyway to survive the drop on the rafter like area. Fell to my death once but seems like there is a way down

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Not getting any response from ringing the co-op bell. Ive wasted 5 or 6 insight over the last 2 days getting nothing from using it. Why doesn't it just take away an insight when someone is summoned?

It worked at first but now... Nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Man some of the hunters are tough. They cheese you a lot with guns that take lots of your health and they have infinite bullets.

Was wandering around looking for where to go next when i came across a secret in an area I had been already.
    head to father Gascoigne area from from central yharnam lamp

Also in the Healing Church workshop tower is there anyway to survive the drop on the rafter like area. Fell to my death once but seems like there is a way down

Minor
    That's actually a progression route. Once you get down to the platform that's lit up there's one spot you can drop off onto a beam then onto the floor but heal between drops!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I don't seem to be able to help out Mick in co op and I'm not really sure why.

We're both pretty close to the same level - 2 apart. We've tried Worldwide and Local (as I'm in the UK) but no good.

I wonder if it could be due to me owning a US copy.

Grayditch what level are you and I can try and help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Honestly think Argos is your best bet. The price on VGP is good but you will be waiting a minimum of 10 days. So if you want convenience then head to Argos. It is €75 in Gamestop and I think €70 in HMV.

Thanks.

Reserved in my local Argos so I have until tomorrow evening to decide if I want to spend money I shouldn't be spending! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

Anyone have battle field and want to trade :) gave it two hours today and i can't get into it at all

Hopefully this will help for anyone who wants to do co op -

Bloodborne Co Op tips

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

tok9 wrote: »
    I don't seem to be able to help out Mick in co op and I'm not really sure why.

We're both pretty close to the same level - 2 apart. We've tried Worldwide and Local (as I'm in the UK) but no good.

I wonder if it could be due to me owning a US copy.

Grayditch what level are you and I can try and help?

Wouldn't be much point in having a worldwide server if that was the case.

My ID is j4ck_2O11 that's a capital o, not a Zero. I know there's a sticky but this is the only game I'm playing on PS4 so it's hopefully suitable

I know but I can't connect to his game. Just trying to think of all the reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Both set the network to worldwide, maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

A lot of people having problems connecting to friends so I'd say it's hit and miss at the moment. Last night myself and mick changed network settings, quit the game to main menu go back to the same lantern and ring the bells around the same time. Local region wouldn't work for us both worldwide worked fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

tok9 wrote: »
    I know but I can't connect to his game. Just trying to think of all the reasons.

Are you using the small resonating bell?

There is two bells. One to invite and one to join

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

The "things" in Forbidden wood are freaking me out! Each step forward is a challenge.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm hoping my copy from vgp will be here tomorrow

Okay I was able to join Grayditch's game so it was probably just a network issue.

Anyone else get picked up by a
    giant invisible hand, lifted 50 feet and squeezed to within an inch of life before being dropped again?
    My first literal out loud WTF moment. Ah From Software...

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Anyone else get picked up by a
    giant invisible hand, lifted 50 feet and squeezed to within an inch of life before being dropped again?
    My first literal out loud WTF moment. Ah From Software...

Yup.. I posted about that a page or two ago without saying what it was. Crazy moment.. I think I did die though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Are the start game weapons viable to use throughout the game?

I've already bumped my Hunter Axe up to +2 and I can bump it up to +3 now since I have 8 Blood Stone Shards but I don't want to be wasting Shards on something that'll be a toothpick later on.

J. Marston wrote: »

I've already bumped my Hunter Axe up to +2 and I can bump it up to +3 now since I have 8 Blood Stone Shards but I don't want to be wasting Shards on something that'll be a toothpick later on.

I was about to bump my axe to +3 as well but bought the Kirkhammer in Hunters dream for 3k echoes. Never looked back. The sword is nice and quick with a great combo and The hammer will soak you in blood...

CBOhFx7WkAAQFYM.jpg:large

I currently have 24 shards after bumping two weapons to +3 they're pretty common

• Advertisement

Shards and Twin shards are a dime a dozen, go crazy with the upgrades!

I currently have the Saw and the Hammer at +6 and there is enough shards to upgrade another we no problem so I wouldn't worry about shards. I'm also using each depending on the situation. Saw is good for all round damage and arcing hits versus many enemies. But the Hammer is too slow versus mobs but good versus bruiser types for its stun lock. I'd say go with 2 weapons you enjoy.

Co-op vid of myself and Mick going through Old Yarnham

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I am not sure if I just became really bad at dark souks series or bloodborne is just very hard l. I can't pass to third "bonfire"... I already lost like 6k souls in total and it is just a beginning... Looks like I can't increase my stats yet too.

I am not sure if I just became really bad at dark souks series or bloodborne is just very hard l. I can't pass to third "bonfire"... I already lost like 6k souls in total and it is just a beginning... Looks like I can't increase my stats yet too.

I consider myself fairly good at the Souls games, and it took me over 6 hours to get into the swing of Bloodborne. If a path isn't working for you, try another one.

You need to fight the first boss before you can level up

Big change of pace from the souls games. I've pvped for hundreds of hours in each souls game and it took me awhile to get into things. Also be aware the threaded cane is a terrible starting weapon compared to the other two in case you picked it, it held me back a lot at the start until I picked up another weapon. (It comes into its own after its upgraded past +6 however)!

Get used to "parrying" with your gun. Use the new lock-on dodge to move in and out from fights to find openings rather than just avoiding attacks as it uses almost no stamina. Finally learn the timing on your weapons R2 charge attack. On most weapons it stuns and has a massive follow-up R2 which can kill most smaller enemies and do big damage and stun others.

It has a tough opening but there is an easier way to get to a big shortcut and therefore easier to get to the boss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

10608569_393750787474658_96565904955789833_o.jpg

Damn satisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

cloud493 wrote: »
    10608569_393750787474658_96565904955789833_o.jpg

Damn satisfying.

Whos harder, Gascoigne or the first boss?

• Advertisement

This forest. It's massive and more maze like than the town. I just wanna fin a lamppppp

Advertisement