Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• thorbarry wrote: »
    Whos harder, Gascoigne or the first boss?

Gascoigne by a mile

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

**** you father Gascoigne. Fog on the Tyne is all mine bitch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I thought the cleric was harder, he must have killed me 20 odd times. Got father g on my third try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

fuk you FROM SOFTWARE.:mad::mad:

thats all..fukking hell im goin out to kick some cats:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Did anyone manage to beat the first enemy without dying?

I almost restarted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

sheehy83 wrote: »
    A lot of people having problems connecting to friends so I'd say it's hit and miss at the moment. Last night myself and mick changed network settings, quit the game to main menu go back to the same lantern and ring the bells around the same time. Local region wouldn't work for us both worldwide worked fine.

Try these

https://www.reddit.com/r/bloodborne/comments/30nyfc/psa_having_trouble_connecting_to_coop_try_this/

https://www.reddit.com/r/bloodborne/comments/30pesc/psa_dont_use_suspend_resume_feature_it_breaks_coop/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Right that second tip seems vital.

Tried playing a chalice dungeon with Mick and Grayditch and we had no luck.

After reading about the resume/suspend issue myself and grayditch (Mick had left) restarted Bloodborne and we were able to join then.

• tok9 wrote: »
    Right that second tip seems vital.

Tried playing a chalice dungeon with Mick and Grayditch and we had no luck.

After reading about the resume/suspend issue myself and grayditch (Mick had left) restarted Bloodborne and we were able to join then.
    Its still buggy imo, I had been turning off my ps4 completely unless it was on your end

I'm still of the opinion that its an oversight in general and the coop has been poorly implemented

Only thing acomplished this evening was that I somehow managed to give greyditch a head cold over party chat

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

TomCo wrote: »
    Did anyone manage to beat the first enemy without dying?

I almost restarted.

It's possible, but pointless. You HAVE to die in at some stage and it offers no reward to grind out the first werewolf with only your fists.

• sheehy83 wrote: »
    Co-op vid of myself and Mick going through Old Yarnham

That gun tactic was great. Draws them out and stuns, then you nailed them with the sword

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Amy tips for when gascgoine turns into a wolf. He's to quick. Haven't got time tonhewl and dodge !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

thorbarry wrote: »
    Amy tips for when gascgoine turns into a wolf. He's to quick. Haven't got time tonhewl and dodge !!

i'll put a spoiler tab around this,it worked for me
    There's a stairs behind where you fight him in normal mode....as soon as he turns wolf ,unlock the target and leg it up the stairs....keep the corner of the bannister at top between you and him...dodge like fuk...a lot of his attacks dont penetrate the banister and give hima few slaps when his combo is over :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

thorbarry wrote: »

Try and stay behind him. Keep dodging to the back of him and stay close. If you keep your distance, he's too good at making distance with a horrible combo.

Ring the beckoning bell before the boss room to get a hand. I helped 4 guys fight him last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Just ordered this, I look forward to dying a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Finally got the bastard :)

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Its still buggy imo

Oh it's definitely a bug from the suspend/resume

• tok9 wrote: »
    Oh it's definitely a bug from the resume/suspend

K sure we can try again tomorrow so

Cool co op video. Anybody up for some jolly cooperation? I've already added tok and Sheehy. Mick, whats yours?

• Kirby wrote: »
    Cool co op video. Anybody up for some jolly cooperation? I've already added tok and Sheehy. Mick, whats yours?

I will pm ;)

Cool. Added. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Zero insight left after being devoured by Vicar Amilia a bunch of times in co-op and losing loads on the suspended app bug. Might have to start again, I'm fairly bunched as I never picked up the Small Resonance Bell.

I've added you there.

So I've a lvl 33 (4 bosses down) and lvl 50 character (I think 6 but may be 7) now.

I really need to get back to my main one, the only thing I've done with it since Friday is open a new area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Pretty sure I'm on the last boss. It's pretty difficult though. I'd say I've used close to 200 blood vials throughout all my attempts..

I've gotten him down to about an inch of health left. It'd be easy enough in co-op I'd imagine, but I'm determined to finish the game solo.

• I have to admit a game like this brings out the best of the gaming community
    Should elaborate, by the dev making you figure you it out for yourself it creates great discussions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

And I'm finished..
    Now onto NG+.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

3 more bosses down on first attempt. Ye boi! That's 7 bosses down now in total, with 1 attempt being made on the 8th before I called it quits for tonight. I think 1 maybe 2 of the bosses may have been optional. I feel the hunters are harder than some of the bosses.

Currently in an area that is ****ed up beyond all belief. Some ****ing Chutulu **** goin on here and it's the first time in a long time i have been unnerved playing a video game. . G ****ing G Miyazaki you magnificent bastard

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

It's funny to see all of the posts from people who have never played a From game before. Great to see the game is getting so many new people into the series :D

Vicar Amelia, Blood starved beast, and Darkbeast Paarl all down first try. In typical souls fashion, you feel helpless at the start and a badass once you get to grips with it.

Darkbeast Paarl gives 11-12k souls a pop when helping others. Pretty efficient way to farm because its a short fight.

And after testing ludwigs sword out and upgrading it, I still prefer the hunters axe. It has a better moveset and does more damage. The arcane scaling on ludwigs might make it better for NG+, but for the moment its not as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

And I'm finished..
    Now onto NG+.

How long did it take? 26-30 hours seem to be the norm for the main story on a speed run, 40-50 hours for a complete run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Here's how I killed Gascoigne in about 30 seconds taking no damage:
    Use the music box you get from the girl to stun him as you enter the fog gate. Backstab. Repeat 3 times. When he turns into his beast form you can only use the music box one more time, but that's all it takes to get another back stab in and kill him. If you do it this way he's stunlocked for the whole fight!

Advertisement