Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Tom, when you say backstab, do you mean just attack from the back or does an animation start like it would for riposte? I have never seen a backstab animation, figured it just wasn't in the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

You do a charge attack with R2 from the back, the enemy then generally falls to their knees and you then have a short window to do an R1 attack for massive damage. You can practice on the guy with the torch down the stairs on the left at central yharnam (I think that's the name of that area).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You need to hit an enemy with a fully charged R2 attack to stun them for a backstab attack. Kind of difficult to land as you can imagine.

Ahhhhhh ok, I heard about R2 followed by R1 but never really lined up my r1 shot, more swinging like a madman, sound man will try that later!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Is there a level cap? I'm level 26 and still haven't killed Fr Gascoigne. I'm grinding and afraid I'll be over leveled once i beat that twat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I did not know that.

Another thing I assume people have noticed is in co op it looks like your health and stamina is scaled back to the host's stats.

So Grayditch.. start levelling up your damn vitality. :D

We were trying to co op Vicar Ameilia last night but were unsuccessful. Which was annoying as I was bragging about beating the bosses in 1-2 attempts. It just kept on one hitting me.

Then I got annoyed and wen to tackle her myself and beat her. :P

I do like that it scales you back. Makes the co op a level playing field for everyone.

Is there a level cap? I'm level 26 and still haven't killed Fr Gascoigne. I'm grinding and afraid I'll be over leveled once i beat that twat.

There isn't a cap but that does sound pretty high. I don't think I was that high when I faced the third boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Been avoiding this thread all weekend, my online order didn't arrive on Friday:mad:.
    So is it living up to everyone's expectations? Anyone finish it yet?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Leveling doesn't make a massive difference anyway. Whether you are level 20 or 40, most encounters will feel the same in this. All the weapons have really low str and skill requirements, you dont need high endurance because there is no blocking and rolling/dodging takes very little stamina. More health is somewhat helpful but some enemies have scaling damage so having more health isn't as important as avoiding damage.

Upgrading your weapons is something you will notice however so do that.

weiland79 wrote: »
    Been avoiding this thread all weekend, my online order didn't arrive on Friday:mad:.
    So is it living up to everyone's expectations? Anyone finish it yet?:pac:

I've put in a combined 30-35 hours already with 2 characters. If I'd stuck with the 1 I may have finished it but I like being able to mess on two different levels. :P

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    Leveling doesn't make a massive difference anyway. Whether you are level 20 or 40, most encounters will feel the same in this. All the weapons have really low str and skill requirements, you dont need high endurance because there is no blocking and rolling/dodging takes very little stamina.

Oh ya I agree but in this case vitality definitely needs to be levelled up as that boss has at least 3 attacks that will 1 hit kill me in that co op session.

I looked up a a vid about that back attack and have to say it will be a game changer for me, my favourite move at the moment is sneaking up and hitting guys in the back with a charged R2 Kirkhammer hammer attack. Dunno, how I didn't manage an R1 animation after that, must have been just pressing R1 too fast.

Ah Tok that explains a lot, when I went into Mick's world, I had about half health. I just figured your stats get halved if you get summoned :D

tok9 wrote: »
    Oh ya I agree but in this case vitality definitely needs to be levelled up as that boss has at least 3 attacks that will 1 hit kill me in that co op session.

Coop rules are different though. You have a nerfed health bar and the bosses health and attack damage changes.

I'd also like to add that the flamethrower looks ridiculous. :P

Hmmm I see.. I clearly don't know enough yet on what exactly changes in co op.

I assumed it reduces stats similar to what the host has but I didn't know enemies cause more damage.

Hmmm I see.. I clearly don't know enough yet on what exactly changes in co op.

I assumed it reduces stats similar to what the host has but I didn't know enemies cause more damage.

I'm not sure if its just that you have less health or that they do more or a combination of both. But it does feel different. I've done a ton of co op with randomers. The problem is I always disappear when we kill the boss. It would be nice to stick around a bit. I'm hoping that increasing the size of my friends list will help with that. :p

I'm around tonight at around 8ish I think if anybody wants to team up. The level limit applies from Dark souls so bear that in mind. For example, if i'm level 40, I can only play with people ranging from level 26-54. I'm assuming that applies to friends too and not just randomers.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Online needs some major optimisation. Tried some PvP last night and it was a lagfest. I think I'll set my online to local instead of worldwide. The framerate hit was ridiculous for online. I hope From patch that soon.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I see some folks are on NG+ already, is it a smaller game than DS1 and DS2 then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Xenji wrote: »
    How long did it take? 26-30 hours seem to be the norm for the main story on a speed run, 40-50 hours for a complete run.

Took me 26hours. Exact same length dark souls 1 took me.
    I've completed most of the optional bosses, but there was a few NPC side quests I missed, so I probably could get another 3-4 hours out of it doing them.

Took me 26hours. Exact same length dark souls 1 took me.
    I've completed most of the optional bosses, but there was a few NPC side quests I missed, so I probably could get another 3-4 hours out of it doing them.

Wow.. that seems really fast. And you beat Dark Souls that quickly too! I think I put at least 60 hours into Dark Souls and even still missed optional bosses before completing it.

• Advertisement

Actually, can anyone help me with a note left on the ground. Can't remember where but it was a dead end and the note said 'Reeks of Tonsil' or something like that. Had over a hundred likes. Didn't get it at all though :(

There isn't a cap but that does sound pretty high. I don't think I was that high when I faced the third boss.
    Kirby wrote: »
    Leveling doesn't make a massive difference anyway. Whether you are level 20 or 40, most encounters will feel the same in this. All the weapons have really low str and skill requirements, you dont need high endurance because there is no blocking and rolling/dodging takes very little stamina. More health is somewhat helpful but some enemies have scaling damage so having more health isn't as important as avoiding damage.

Thanks guys, it's my first time playing a game like this. I spent two hours yesterday trying to beat the werewolf at the start with my bare hands. I couldn't figure out how to arm the feckin weapons. I nearly fcuked the PS4 out the window.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Actually, can anyone help me with a note left on the ground. Can't remember where but it was a dead end and the note said 'Reeks of Tonsil' or something like that. Had over a hundred likes. Didn't get it at all though :(

There is a key item called Tonsil Stone or something that you need to pass there. The stone is got
    In the forbidden forest. In the starting area where there are lots of human enemies one of the huts has a window you can knock on and talk to an NPC. Hes gives you the stone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Is there any way of checking how many hours you have played?

thorbarry wrote: »

Before you start your game. At the main menu go into load game.

thorbarry wrote: »

I think maybe before you access the game, press options (with the game highlighted and go to properties on the menu. That might give it to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Title says it all...

lol
    simpsons-nelson-ha-ha-93-p-672x480.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Still no sign of this from Amazon, thankfully I have Pillars of Eternity, but the wait is killing me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

So, anyone want to kill Blood Starved Beast for me?

Advertisement