Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So, anyone want to kill Blood Starved Beast for me?

You can get a hand from
    an NPC Alfred just before the boss room. I believe it only works if you have met him already.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Got to the first boss. Another 6k souls lost lol. At least I made some progress. Nice to see level design to be a cluster**** like in DM and DS1.

Looks like you dont need to kill first boss to be able to upgrade stats, you just need to meet him.

Work in 1h, when I am back home I will continue as I am off for next few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

So, anyone want to kill Blood Starved Beast for me?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My copy arrived,let the pain and rage begin :mad: :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Are there any stats you should be concentrating on levelling at the beginning?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Looks like you dont need to kill first boss to be able to upgrade stats, you just need to meet him.

You need 1 insight which seems to accumulate by +1 every time you take on a boss, you don't even need to defeat them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

You can gain insight with madmans knowledge, which you can find in the sewer before the boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Are there any stats you should be concentrating on levelling at the beginning?

Vitality and Endurance.

I just used up all my insight, and the doll isn't alive, but I can still level up. Which may be a bug I wonder?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Vitality and Endurance.

I just used up all my insight, and the doll isn't alive, but I can still level up. Which may be a bug I wonder?

Just takes 1 insight to awaken her, after that it doesn't matter how much insight you have.

Just some up in the
    Village of getting one shotted horse****. Those bag carrying things are tougher than hunters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Bumped into Father Gascoigne. Took away about 2/3rds of his health and even parried him twice and thought "This is easy"
    then he went into Big Bastard mode and beat the snot out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Anyone have a quick explanation on insight, and how to check if I have any!!?

• J. Marston wrote: »
    Bumped in Father Gascoigne. Took away about 2/3rds of his health and even parried him twice and thought "This is easy"
    then he went into Big Bastard mode and beat the snot out of me.

I used insight to call somebody in to give me a hand.

He is beatable on your own though, you can either use the music box or the gun to stagger him.
    Key to using the Music box is to make sure you press square and let you're character turn it for about 2 seconds, stay clear of the beast while you do this. Hide behind the gravestones so he can't leap at you.
    If you don't have the music box I think Sephorith posted a video of it's location a couple of pages back.

• thorbarry wrote: »

Number on top right of screen indicates the amount of insight you have and also in the status menu.
    From my understanding the higher the insight the harder the game is.
    It also allows you to call in coop partners at the expense of one insight.
    You can replenish by facing bosses or using the item Madman's Knowledge

thorbarry wrote: »

Its the number next to the eye on the top right.of the screen. As Mick said, you use when you ring the Beckoning Bell. You gain in back by beating bosses or the items. Co-Op boss fights also give insight.

When you reach 10 insight, you can unlock a second vendor in The Hunters Dream, and buy items using insight. When your insight reaches 15, enemies gain new attacks and stuff. Below 14, they lose the attacks again

Dos killing the bsb unlock any area?

I just got the chalice and insight from killing it. Thought it might unlock a passage or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Its the number next to the eye on the top right.of the screen. As Mick said, you use when you ring the Beckoning Bell. You gain in back by beating bosses or the items. Co-Op boss fights also give insight.

When you reach 10 insight, you can unlock a second vendor in The Hunters Dream, and buy items using insight. When your insight reaches 15, enemies gain new attacks and stuff. Below 14, they lose the attacks again

So the power of the enemies go up and down in relation to your insight?

Interdasting...

Dos killing the bsb unlock any area?

I just got the chalice and insight from killing it. Thought it might unlock a passage or something

You can a) check out your first chalice dungeon or b) head back to the cathedral ward. Check out the door on the right

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Was wondering what that music box was for. No idea where i got it from but was pretty sure it was after i beat him. About 3/4 through the game and wondering when it was going to be use :pac:

In regards to the Bag Lads. Them being able to feint attacks is what makes them so tough, plus the hit like a truck. And when they go berserk mode you could be in trouble. I always try to bring them low before the berserk mode and aim to set up the backstab when they are channeling the super saiyan ****. Hunters are still the hardest though imo. Hunters without guns on the other hand are manageable. Currently i have access to fight one in a side quest and his gun one shots me. I have about 30-35 Health stat and he one shots me with the gun. :eek:

You can a) check out your first chalice dungeon or b) head back to the cathedral ward. Check out the door on the right

Thank you. Another question, is the chalices consumed on use or infinite use?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

So the power of the enemies go up and down in relation to your insight?

Interdasting...

Indeed. It also has another use with secrets. For example with 20-30 insight you can hear the Vicar talking when you fight her, below that level of insight you just hear the beast roars. Apparently there are a load more secrets like this where insight plays a part but this is the only one i know of atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

So i should not let my insight go about 15 then, its hard enough already

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The Insight system sounds class, I'm hoping insight carries over to NG+1, get it up as high as I can and uncover a few secrets.

For anyone in Old Yarnham, I found a good way of clearing the church floor with tons of enemies. I got up to the rafters after killing the gattling hunter and saw a hanging....thing. I thought it would hold an object so I cut it with my sword. It fell and exploded in fire killing everyone. Very unexpected

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Had to start a new carachter. I'll know not to be ringing bells if I've ever suspended the game. Gonna get back up to 10 insight and buy the damn resonance bell this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Grayditch wrote: »
    Had to start a new carachter. I'll know not to be ringing bells if I've ever suspended the game. Gonna get back up to 10 insight and buy the damn resonance bell this time.

I feel partly responsible for this. My boasting did not help :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm caving in. Have just put my copy of FIFA I got last week up on the swap thread in a hope someone will be sick of this already and want to swap.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'm caving in. Have just put my copy of FIFA I got last week up on the swap thread in a hope someone will be sick of this already and want to swap.

Only 2 copies so far in CEX countrywide!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I'm loving it.
    Insight still low, not beaten any boss yet.
    Stupidly or not chose a build that I thought was close to my mage DS2 (I know I know) - bit of a struggle at first but slowly levelling up. Will be strong enough soon to face the bosses...

Not enough hours in the day.

Can't wait tp see these bad lad's, games gotten a lot easier now although I'm only after the area with the pimp cane wielding dandies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

tok9 wrote: »
    I feel partly responsible for this. My boasting did not help :(

Haha no worries. I am getting mashed by Gascoigne this time around, though, but I have 8 insight. If I call on help I'll lose one, but win and gain 3 leaving me at a perfect 10. Might give that a go or just kill Gazza on my own. I'm not that far off killing him each time. I've a bigger vitality bat this time.

Advertisement