Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

sweetie wrote: »
    Only 2 copies so far in CEX countrywide!

Is there a way of checking that or are you the CEX staff member?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Anyone get to the NPC: Cathedral Ward
    that murders the other NPCs? He killed the Old Man and Priestess before i guessed who it was. Only one surviving person now

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,456 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

This is my favourite NPC in the history of gaming:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

You need 120 insight to understand what he's saying but sounds like you might be at his bathroom window.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,456 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I don't want to know what (s)he's saying. 'NNNEEWWWYOOOOOEEEEEWWWWWW' says more than discernible words ever could.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Got 10 insight, bought the resonant bells and Gascoigne's set.

Time for some jolly cooperation.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Grayditch wrote: »
    Haha no worries. I am getting mashed by Gascoigne this time around, though, but I have 8 insight. If I call on help I'll lose one, but win and gain 3 leaving me at a perfect 10. Might give that a go or just kill Gazza on my own. I'm not that far off killing him each time. I've a bigger vitality bat this time.

Why is 10 the perfect number?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

The more I hear about this insight the more I love it. I'm going to use all my madmen items.

Icaras wrote: »
    Why is 10 the perfect number?

You need 10 to unlock the second bath which sells the bells to join/invade someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Lemlin wrote:
    Is there a way of checking that or are you the CEX staff member?

ie.webuy.com
    Its on the site.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Early days for me, I'm getting kicked all over the place, in the opening parts of the game.
    Pummeled the orc thing behind the locked gate and avoiding the two beasts on the bridge but the game just hates me!
    How easy did most find the early stage of the game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Got my first chalice up and got to first boss. I shared the dungeon does that mean people can join or run it themselves?

Left to farm and got mauled by a bag man and woke up in some church.

Did something stupid where I rang the bell in the Forbidden Woods.. hopefully that bug will be patched.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    How easy did most find the early stage of the game?

Pretty much on a par with any of the Souls games, maybe a bit easier. Hardest thing was trying to adjust from a magic mindest to a melee one after three Souls games :pac:

A few of the bosses - including the Beast and the Vicar - both seem quite damage spongey compared to most bosses in the series. Have helped out in co-op a few times on the latter and it takes a good bit of hacking away. Thankfully she's slow enough, but still a pretty arduous battle!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I miss my magic :(
    But did just beat the first boss - won't say after how many attempts.

Finally after a good bit of time away from my main character I've beaten another boss.

Initially thought it'd be difficult as there were multiple enemies but it was actually fine.

I did lose 50k souls on the way though. Damn waste too as I genuinely could have gone back to Hunter's Dream but decided to carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Gascoigne only gives you two insight it seems, but I did it alone so I got my 10.

Does it cost to ring the small bell?

I bloody knew I could get to a certain door and I imagine it's the same place a poster on here said they got a trophy for. Very cool area too.

Grayditch wrote: »

Does it cost to ring the small bell?

Nope, but you get one insight if you succeed (and aren't paired with somebody who stands right in attack range of the boss, which is rare :pac:).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Easiest way to farm souls?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

So I was out exploring, basically doing anything to avoid the first boss. And then I suddenly triggered a cutscene and ended up facing what I assume is the second boss. I actually had him down below half health before I died.

The problem is I was holding 10,000 souls at the time. Does anyone know if I have to beat him now to get them back or might they be at the entrance to the encounter?

Also now I know the way to the first two bosses. Is there any other way to go or do I have to beat one of them to progress?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Glad I restarted so, the small bell and dungeons will be my source of insight of things go arsey like the last time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

So how does this compare to the soul series, better /worse/ easier/more difficult?

Also now I know the way to the first two bosses. Is there any other way to go or do I have to beat one of them to progress?

They should be around the boss area alright.

So... who else has over 50 insight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

So, now when I die I'm brought to some "Unseen Village" with some lads that I wouldn't be inSome lad sneaa hurry to invite out for drinks. (because they're jerks).

It is not cool to sneak up behind someone and brutally slit their throat.

Just beat Blood Beast (3rd boss) on my first go with some help from my new bestie Alfred. Im hoping it's like the souls games where the npc's have a long story as long as you summon them at bosses. I couldn't see a health bar on him and he took an awful hiding but survived.

Have 23k souls, is that cathederal key you can buy in the dream for 10k worth it?

8 and a half hours in and 3 bosses down. Can't see me finishing this in under 20 but really enjoying exploring yarnham.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

So you haven't taken Amelia yet Sheehy? Fancy some jolly co op? What level are you. :)

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Have 23k souls, is that cathederal key you can buy in the dream for 10k worth it?

No.. don't buy it.

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    So you haven't taken Amelia yet Sheehy? Fancy some jolly co op? What level are you. :)

Cool man! I'm back on around half 11. I'm level 21 i think. Send me a message if you see me on.

Advertisement