Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,457 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

So, now when I die I'm brought to some "Unseen Village" with some lads that I wouldn't be inSome lad sneaa hurry to invite out for drinks. (because they're jerks).

It is not cool to sneak up behind someone and brutally slit their throat.

It's only the bastards with sacks that send you to the Village. Avoid them! Also there's an easily accessible lamp there, so find it and get out of there for now - high level ****!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,457 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

tok9 wrote: »
    No.. don't buy it.

But you need it, no? Unless there's a back entrance to that major area...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

It's only the bastards with sacks that send you to the Village. Avoid them! Also there's an easily accessible lamp there, so find it and get out of there for now - high level ****!

Those are the guys I was bitching about earlier. There:s tonnes of Twin Blood Stones in the area so I'd recommend a few suicide runs first!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭eggy81

Just reading this thread makes me want to play it even though I know in my heart and soul that I'll give up on it. Damn ye!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

But you need it, no? Unless there's a back entrance to that major area...

Ya there is another way of opening the gate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

tok9 wrote: »
    So... who else has over 50 insight?

I'm up on 60 something. There's an enemy in a later stage of the game that is pretty hard and he sucks away your insight. Lost about 20 trying to kill him.

I'm up on 60 something. There's an enemy in a later stage of the game that is pretty hard and he sucks away your insight. Lost about 20 trying to kill him.

Oh crap.. now that would be a pain.

Have you noticed the big difference since you got 50 insight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

So how does this compare to the soul series, better /worse/ easier/more difficult?

Anyone

Anyone

I absolutely love it so far and the difficulty is still in tact too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I wasted my insights so much I feel like starting over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Music box girl quest
    So is it impossible to save her? Apparently she gets eaten by that fúcking pig :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

I cannot beat Vicar. Driving me insane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

whats so good about the kirksword..it does less damage than my axe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

whats so good about the kirksword..it does less damage than my axe

It's all about the Hammer to be honest. Hammer can stagger and even stun enemies. It's my main weapon at the moment with my saw being a bolt beast killer. Sword is good for weak enemies. In sword mode attack once then combo it into the Hammer. It's big damage

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm finding the sword excellent at +2. Can combo 7 hits before running out of stamina which does a lot of damage to enemies. The charge attack from the hammer then for slower guys. Easy better than my axe at +2.

Man. **** those jumping spiders ***** outside Cainhurst. **** em

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Spent 20k on holy sword. Might have messed up

And **** those 3 hunters in the prison and all. Anyone got some tips for those guys. They always want to fight together. Or ways to pull them one at a time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

**** those mindflayers man seriously. I'm usually a big fan of all Froms mob designs but they are cheap as **** AND suck away insight. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

And **** those 3 hunters in the prison and all. Anyone got some tips for those guys. They always want to fight together. Or ways to pull them one at a time?

That was the hardest encounter in the game for me. Took a lot of tries to be honest, kiting them around the stairs doesn't even work too well but it helps a bit I guess. Try take out the unarmoured one first, he goes down the fastest!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

J. Marston wrote: »
    Music box girl quest
    So is it impossible to save her? Apparently she gets eaten by that fúcking pig :(
    There's more than one place to send her, don't know if she survives there either

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

F*ck Amelia.....that is all.

• 23411338.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Could only get as far as the sewer section under the werewolves. Took two days off from playing then flew through it kicking ass tonight like a semi-pro.

Soon died though several times though.

After what seemed like an endless trek down the Forbidden Woods, and after slaying thousands of poor innocent snakes (picking up dozens of twin shards along the way - where were they when I actually wanted them?!), I let out an expletive when I realised it was a patented From Software
    three boss battle
    waiting at the end. Was chuffed when they went down first time without any hassle at all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

The Forbidden Woods is a time sink but great for grinding souls. Took me around ten goes to beat the mini boss there but I'm now ready to run through and give the main boss there a rattle.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

The Forbidden Woods is a time sink but great for grinding souls. Took me around ten goes to beat the mini boss there but I'm now ready to run through and give the main boss there a rattle.

I ran through it 4 times, as I didn't want to risk 40K souls before I discovered the first shortcut :(

That's where I lost 50k worth of souls and had my vengeance on the pig and snake that killed me and their families!

Pretty easy boss fight after all that too.

Had some good fun in co op last night with a few boardsies although there still seems to be issues connecting. Sort it out :(

• Advertisement

Yeah my bells were greyed out last night. Got wrecked by Amelia, opened that gate from the other side that you would usually spend 10k for the key. Went exploring and then my bells became active, haven't a clue why.

Summoned a guy and he ran full pelt at Amelia. He died before I even made it to her. Jolly co-operation it was not!

Advertisement