Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The trek to opening that gate from the other side is rough. Had 2 insight robbed by octopusface and nearly got bagged by a bagman.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I don't like to talk about what octupus face did to me :( but i never he was the reason why i was missing Insight. Violated!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Did the Witch of Hemwick and then helped a few others with her. Strange bossfight. Optional, but not very difficult. It's useful though as its the boss that unlocks runes. I feel a lot of people might miss it. From the Grand cathedral (the Vicar Amelia bonfire) you head out and go right.

This game is mad for letting you skip to lategame. Earlier in the game.I ended up killing the Darkbeast Paarl electric guy who is ostensibly the 9th boss.....before I'd even seen the blood starved beast which is the 3rd. And just last night I found myself in the Nightmare Frontier after the invisible amygdala hand thingy grabbed me. I know there is like 6 bosses between here and there and yet the game just catapulted me there. Crazy carry on altogether. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Kirby wrote: »
    Did the Witch of Hemwick and then helped a few others with her. Strange bossfight. Optional, but not very difficult. It's useful though as its the boss that unlocks runes.

Ahh, i might go back and do her as the runes might help me out in the Forbidden Woods.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Regretting starting NG+ before finishing all the chalice dungeons I wouldn't rush into it there's really nothing new, the dungeons are worth spending time on some good drops in the deeper ones!

Think I'll start a new PvP character, talk that 70 might be the new PvP cap.

• Advertisement

Watching my missus try to make a feminine looking carachter in the game looked like the toughest challenge yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Kirby wrote: »
    This game is mad for letting you skip to lategame. Earlier in the game.I ended up killing the Darkbeast Paarl electric guy who is ostensibly the 9th boss.....before I'd even seen the blood starved beast which is the 3rd. :P

Hmm.. I had no idea he was the supposed 9th boss. I haven't fought 9 yet but he was one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I don't like to talk about what octupus face did to me :( but i never he was the reason why i was missing Insight. Violated!

I just realised that must be where my insight was going too, I had a pile as I haven't done any co op and now it's down to 11.

Did three bosses in session last night (Amelia, the Witches and the 3 Shadows) and onto Byrgenwerth now where Baxter Stockman is alive and well!

latest?cb=20081124213915

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

I reset my character last night, I had spend 10+ hours trying to progress with a Lone Survivor character using the cane but kept getting hammered. I couldn't even get as far as the first boss. I'm now a saw blade wielding mofo with a Violent Past and within a couple of hours of restarting I had beaten the first boss on the first attempt!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Big Knox wrote: »
    Regretting starting NG+ before finishing all the chalice dungeons I wouldn't rush into it there's really nothing new, the dungeons are worth spending time on some good drops in the deeper ones!

Think I'll start a new PvP character, talk that 70 might be the new PvP cap.

Apparently all NG+ is is inflated health bars on the enemy. Nothing new at all. That's disappointing. That's one thing dark souls 2 did better than BB, or any souls game for that matter

I may be getting Scholar of the first sin after all...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

Where do you go after old yharnham after defeating the blood beast boss?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Spare a penny for your troubles sir? :o

https://www.change.org/p/from-software-release-bloodborne-for-the-personalized-computing-platform

35'000 signed on this petition, do these things actually make a difference?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

When do online petitions not make a difference? :pac:

"Everyone should be able to play your game. It is not fair that we are left out. You have betrayed us after releasing your last two games on PC."

"Betrayed" Oh, man. Dry them eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I bought a ps4 at release because I knew this would be an exclusive, I have no sympathy for people without one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

I presume Sony paid big $$ for it to be a ps4 exclusive

Apparently all NG+ is is inflated health bars on the enemy. Nothing new at all. That's disappointing. That's one thing dark souls 2 did better than BB, or any souls game for that matter

I may be getting Scholar of the first sin after all...

Its disappointing alright, DS2 definitely got NG+ right! I'm loving the game still but between this and a serious lack of weapons the replayability is going to suffer.

Chalice dungeons are a nice touch in fairness but I'll wait to cap a PvP character before I get stuck into them as the best drops are bloodgems and runes!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Spare a penny for your troubles sir? :o

https://www.change.org/p/from-software-release-bloodborne-for-the-personalized-computing-platform

35'000 signed on this petition, do these things actually make a difference?

No chance :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm honestly not sure if they paid big... they helped develop it just like Demon Soul's.

It's essentially a Sony Japan Studios game, similar to Demon's Souls.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Best place to farm blood shards? need to upgrade holy weapon to +3

What is that move? Was that a R1 attack that deflected the bullet?

Best place to farm blood shards? need to upgrade holy weapon to +3

The merchant sells them pretty early on but I'm not sure what the trigger is. If not then start at the Bloodstarved beast lantern (Good chalice I think) and work back through lower Old Yharnam killing the wherewolfs!

What is that move? Was that a R1 attack that deflected the bullet?

It's an L1 and yeah while the weapon was mid change it deflected the bullet. Crazy!

It's an L1 and yeah while the weapon was mid change it deflected the bullet. Crazy!

No way, that's unreal. Conclusive proof that the hitboxes are a lot better than DS2.

No way, that's unreal. Conclusive proof that the hitboxes are a lot better than DS2.

I had one of the big axe guys with heavy armour do his leap attack at me. I was on about 2% health and as I healed the animation where you dip your head slightly made his axe fly over the top and barely miss me. It was amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

You can dodge towards bullets to avoid them, its pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I've spent about an hour fighting the Cleric Beast and haven't managed to get a quarter of his health down.

I've tried the fight using target lock and without. Seems impossible both ways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I was the same until I went back to the Hunters Dream and levelled up some and then picked up the Hunters Garb outfit in the Sewers. Made the fight a lot easier. Shooting 4 or 5 times in a row will stun him and you can tap r1 in front of him to do a huge attack.

Advertisement