Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Anyone around level 49 want to help me with The Reborn One? Seriously struggling. Level 35-63 partners if I'm correct

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I was the same until I went back to the Hunters Dream and levelled up some and then picked up the Hunters Garb outfit in the Sewers. Made the fight a lot easier. Shooting 4 or 5 times in a row will stun him and you can tap r1 in front of him to do a huge attack.

Hunters Garb? I thought I'd searched everywhere in the Sewers. Although I can see a dead body on a rafter that I don't know how to reach. I must go back and check again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

ShaneU wrote: »
    I bought a ps4 at release because I knew this would be an exclusive, I have no sympathy for people without one

Dude we can't all afford to buy PS4s :(

Hunters Garb? I thought I'd searched everywhere in the Sewers. Although I can see a dead body on a rafter that I don't know how to reach. I must go back and check again.

You climb the ladder and fall down onto it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Cool to see a game finally get an Irish accent correct...

"Beasts all over the shop."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Anyone around level 49 want to help me with The Reborn One? Seriously struggling. Level 35-63 partners if I'm correct

Are you making sure to kill all the bell maidens on the 2nd floor before you start on the boss? Once you do that and then run to the stairs when he starts to vomit the fight becomes very easy. Just stay at his side and chip away on his hp!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah yes, you can enter the sewers from a different direction, 1st entrance to the sewers I found although I did think it was a bit hidden. On the bridge with the Cleric Beast, head
    to the opposite end past the warewolves and take a right at the end. Crash through some barrels on your left and drop down a few floors. You'll find it down there.

Big Knox wrote: »
    Are you making sure to kill all the bell maidens on the 2nd floor before you start on the boss? Once you do that and then run to the stairs when he starts to vomit the fight becomes very easy. Just stay at his side and chip away on his hp!

I was killing the maidens and hacking away at his gooch from below him, when it starts raining bodies I get stunlocked :( I'll try that

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Still no sign of this from Amazon, most of you will be finished before I get my hands on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

I was killing the maidens and hacking away at his gooch from below him, when it starts raining bodies I get stunlocked :( I'll try that

Yeah stay at the side and try use a weapon with a bit of range. Roll away when the bodies come and always stay over half HP as you can get stun locked as you said!

• Advertisement

Big Knox wrote: »
    Yeah stay at the side and try use a weapon with a bit of range. Roll away when the bodies come and always stay over half HP as you can get stun locked as you said!

I got one shotted from miles away, mid roll. To hell with this guy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

J. Marston wrote: »
    Cool to see a game finally get an Irish accent correct...

"Beasts all over the shop."

Dark Souls 2 had a few Irish actors as well, your wan from Love/Hate was the Emerald Herald. I'd say they use the same casting company for all the Souls games and they have a fair few Irish actors on their books.

I'm really hoping Peter Serafinowicz turns up at some point. Must look up see if he is in it actually.

The 'beasts all over the shop' line had me beaming I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

I was the same until I went back to the Hunters Dream and levelled up some and then picked up the Hunters Garb outfit in the Sewers. Made the fight a lot easier. Shooting 4 or 5 times in a row will stun him and you can tap r1 in front of him to do a huge attack.

Are the hunters garb much better than the first armor you can buy? I find it had to see the difference in the stats, maybe I am reading it wrong

I think they are the same but miles better than the ones you start in.

The ones you buy look better IMO. When the stats are negligible its all about fashion souls :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

I think they are the same but miles better than the ones you start in.

I stupidly played the first few hours without buying new armor. Thought I had to face the boss first. It was extra tricky

The ones you buy look better IMO. When the stats are negligible its all about fashion souls :D

Chalk it down, i swapped my pirate hat for Gazza's hat. Took a hit on defense but well worth it in the style department.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

The description for Father G's armor say its the attire of a priest from a foreign land, or Father is the title of a priest from foreign land or something along those lines. But every character in the game has a British accent EXCEPT Father G who has an Irish accent! That attention to detail

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Metal Gear Solid 3 uses a song entirely 'as gaeilge' at the end, if I remember correctly. It's nice to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Finally killed my first boss.

A lot of my bad play was due to bad choice of weapon. I went for that sword thing and then I bought axe. Axe just suits my game style so much more. I was always a bastard who used biggest 2 hander in one hand and a shield in other. Now I got a good 2 hander in my hands. Killed boss from first try with axe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Now I'm a little bit gutted regarding my stupidity yesterday. I'm in Byrgenwerth and I can't open the door because I can't find that key.

I've just played the boss fight through co op and that section seems pretty cool.

Also to compound the misery that prick of an octopus guy stole about 8 insight off me :(

Edit: I found it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Shadow of Yharnah is kicking my ass. Can't get close to beating them.
    Any tips before I break a controller off the wall?

Well I only played against them the one time and this is what I did.
    Kill the guy with the katana first, I forget what the second guy had but I remember a third was shooting fireballs and I left it till last.

Only other thing I can think of is there is a large pillar sticking out in the level. Use it to your advantage by letting it block the fireballs and other 2 enemies in general

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,457 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah take them out in order of speed, katana guy first, flaming sword second and fireball guy third. Took them out first time with only a few vials used too. Lure them away from each other. Maybe use a fast weapon if you can, found they were very easy to stagger with a couple of hits (I was using the cleaver), so you can chip away at their health without much hassle.

Just be aware they do get more powerful when one is on low health. An alternate strategy would be to knock them all down to around half health first (or just before they transform, not sure the exact trigger for that) and then you'll have less hassle when they're in their second forms (and they conjure up the ground snakes)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Finally killed the Blood Starved Beast, it must have killed me about a dozen times before I realised you can summon Alfred who then kicked its ass while I stood back and picked it off with cowardly stabs to the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I finally beat the first boss but I got very lucky. Right at the end of the fight there was a glitch that stopped the enemy from moving but I was also stuck. Managed to find a way to get back and attack him and got lucky in the end.

Now that the Cleric Beast is dead where an I supposed to go? Back to the sewers and face the other boss that kicked my ass?

Just popped out of one character to go to the other and I see we have an update!

Edit: 2.7GB

Going exploring instead of going back to Amelia, found
    the actual place from the hunters dream
    was class. Had a familiar outfit that sells for 35k. Got my ludwig sword with it. Got some item like a giant bone that increases dodge speed but I'm not sure how to use it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

F*ck Gatling gun guy!

Advertisement