Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

tok9 wrote: »
    Just popped out of one character to go to the other and I see we have an update!

Edit: 2.7GB

Ah i checked for updates and there was none.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

F*ck Gatling gun guy!

You talking about the bastard on the roof? Is that the way to be going after defeating Father Gascoigne?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Just popped out of one character to go to the other and I see we have an update!

Edit: 2.7GB

Not showing up for me. Has it improved load times at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Interesting.. must just be because I've the US version.

I don't think it's done anything for load times yet. The changelog specifically mentions the Forbidden woods bug and then says bug fixes.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Going exploring instead of going back to Amelia, found
    the actual place from the hunters dream
    was class. Had a familiar outfit that sells for 35k. Got my ludwig sword with it. Got some item like a giant bone that increases dodge speed but I'm not sure how to use it.

I can give you a hand with Amelia. I'm on now helping McMafia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I can give you a hand with Amelia. I'm on now helping McMafia.

Sound man, I won't be back on til after 11.30 if anyone is on and my stupid bell works...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

You talking about the bastard on the roof? Is that the way to be going after defeating Father Gascoigne?

Yeah. Go through that area, and fight the blood soaked beast.

Although apparently you shouldn't kill the mini gunner.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

F*ck Gatling gun guy!

Nothing more satisfying than finally shooting him off the roof though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I got the update too but could have sworn it was only around 100mb for me. Downloaded in about 30mins on less than 1mb download so definitely couldn't have been 2.7gb

Amelia is kicking my ass this time around. Bitch keeps healing herself. She didn't even do it once first time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

do you go to the healing church workshop after the bloodbeast boss?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Numbing mist not doing the job to stop her healing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

cloud493 wrote: »
    Yeah. Go through that area, and fight the blood soaked beast.

Although apparently you shouldn't kill the mini gunner.

Right, i'll keep going, his snipping is giving me a pain in the ring though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

How do you buy an outfit in hunters dream and is it worth levelling up the blunderbuss?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Thanks for the tips for the Shadows. That was so so tough.
    Kept my head and used the obstacles between me and the fireball flinger.
    Glad that's over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Cool. I just beat Father Gascoigne on my second attempt. He was actually easier than the Cleric Beast because there was more space to jump around.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Patch is just released, 2.7GB

Fixes the forbidden woods coop bug for not getting the key

Bug fixes

• CombatCow wrote: »
    Patch is just released, 2.7GB

Fixes the forbidden woods coop bug for not getting the key

Bug fixes

That's a crazy size for a hotfix tbh
    It doesn't fix load times by the way

Yeah it's big, they said loading would be looked into for in the "next" patch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I was having a tough time with gattling gun guy...till he rolled off the roof and died. Nice to see the computer makes the same mistakes we do :P

Had a very entertaining co op session with Kirby. We found another secret area and beat the boss there which was pretty cool.

Took a massive detour from another area which I'm guessing is optional as I reached it after beating the boss in Byrgenwerth.

So tomorrow I'll tackle the secret area and then back to there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Discovered something else tok. That crown that he dropped? I put it on and a secret area with the queen popped open. She lets you join a covenant. :)

Great co-op session by the way. Makes everything more fun in my opinion.

Here is the bossfight if anybody wants to see us flounder around. :p. There was three of us in the party but you can only really hear tok as he was the one recording it. He's Spud, I'm hokempokem. :)

http://www.twitch.tv/spud_1231/b/644127892

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Stop with the late game spoilers please

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I've avoided Amelia for a while now. So far I've beaten

Cleric Beast (first attempt when I had a weapon)
    Father Gascoigne (second attempt)
    (skipped Amelia)
    Blood-Starved Beast (second attempt)
    Witch of Hemwick (third attempt)

in that order.

I've recently came across a boss that I inadvertently ran into while blindly exploring and teleported back out (because I'm a wimp that doesn't want to lose his blood echoes :P), it was
    Darkbeast Paarl in Unseen Village. As soon as I saw that electricity emerging out of him I just went "nope" and left.
    Best tactic to deal with him?

Finished
    Rom
    there. Found him probably the hardest boss yet to kill, but only because of
    those damn spiders everywhere. I tried the impatient route of just trying to run in and get jabs, but too easy to get overwhelmed.

Final attempt for the night summoned some help,
    but they kamikazeed it and barely survived twenty seconds after the first teleport. Left on my own, just picked away at the spiders while desperately trying to avoid the spells. It worked, thankfully: cleared the area and then it was just a matter of waiting for a moment to pounce and getting out of there before that area of effect attack.
    Serious sigh of relief when the prey slaughtered message came up.

Anyway, the most maddening boss to date, but I have to say also one of From's most devious, clever ones too. If any boss teaches the value of patience, it's that one :)

Big Knox wrote: »

That looks really cool....until you notice that its an optical illusion.

He didn't deflect the shot, the shot missed as he strafed left. The "spark" that looks like the bullet hitting the blade, is just the L1 animation that weapon does when you switch modes. It does that spark every time.

Yeah, I ruined it. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Kirby wrote: »
    That looks really cool....until you notice that its an optical illusion.

He didn't deflect the shot, the shot missed as he strafed left. The "spark" that looks like the bullet hitting the blade, is just the L1 animation that weapon does when you switch modes. It does that spark every time.

Yeah, I ruined it. :p

I don't know what weapon that is, never used it. But it doesn't look like he changed modes. Still one handing it and it looks the exact same.

Theres a thread on reddit examining it. The shot misses....it just looks like it was deflected. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Does the patch fix anything performance wise? I know Eurogamer found there were frame pacing issues with version 1.01 which "should" be easily fixed.

The patch itself is only 150mb but for some reason people are being forced to download over 2 gigs. It's a strange one.

Apparently its just bug fixes. Some fairly important bug fixes yes, but just that. No change to the loading time or fps issues.

Frankly, the only fps issues I've noticed have come during co-op.....but the loading screens are ridiculous. They need to get on that.

• Advertisement

I have about 20-25 second loading screens with an SSD :P

Advertisement