Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I agree with the loading times. It got to me last night when I died over ten times to the Hunter in
    Bergenwerth
    in the space of an hour.
    Was fit to throw the controller through the TV!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

CombatCow wrote: »
    I have about 20-25 second loading screens with an SSD :P

That's only for repeat loading of areas though. Eurogamer did some extensive testing and an SSD only cuts loading by 5-10 seconds the first time you load each area.....like when you load up the game or when you warp around.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Kirby wrote: »
    Frankly, the only fps issues I've noticed have come during co-op.....but the loading screens are ridiculous. They need to get on that.

It really needs to be sorted for PvP, it's unplayable at the moment for me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Finally opened the first shortcut and met the Cleric Beast, and died with the Cleric Beast :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

I don't really mind the loading screens. They give you a chance to run out and grab another can.

I had 57 cans last Saturday night.

Good times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

The loading times are annoying, but what's even more annoying is how plain and boring they are. At least in Demon's Souls and other Souls games we had pictures of NPC's or lore tidbits. Here we just get a plain black loading screen.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Batesy wrote: »
    I don't really mind the loading screens. They give you a chance to run out and grab another can.

I had 57 cans last Saturday night.

Good times.

Sounds like a new drinking game to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I found the Witch of Hemwick(llick, lock?) but I feel like I'm doing hardly any damage (to the yokes she spawns). I'm using Ludwigs sword but noticed I can't add Blood Gems to it. Have it up to +4. Guess I need to level up my strength a bit. Only fought her once but the trek there was fair annoying. At least I have 2 shortcuts opened up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I found the Witch of Hemwick(llick, lock?) but I feel like I'm doing hardly any damage (to the yokes she spawns). I'm using Ludwigs sword but noticed I can't add Blood Gems to it. Have it up to +4. Guess I need to level up my strength a bit. Only fought her once but the trek there was fair annoying. At least I have 2 shortcuts opened up.

Go into the settings and turn the music and voices down, and effects up. If you've headphones or surround sound you'll be able to hear where she is walking and you can just ignore the minions

Ya, just ignore the minions that spawn.
    I just ran to each of the 4 corners of the room and swiped at her when she spawned. Easiest boss yet!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Ah okay, there was me taking out all the goons first. Cool, thanks lads. No way I'm fighting my way there, sprint all the way I think. At least I got some twin shards out of this place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Yeah I meant to post a link to that yesterday. Really well written and thoughtful review.

Update file is now live for Irish (Euro) version of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Update file is now live for Irish (Euro) version of the game.

Hopefully people have their ps4 in rest mode while in work

Hopefully people have their ps4 in rest mode while in work

I'm now able to remote play via my Android phone via 3G. Doesnt work with the Vita for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Just did the one boss last night, Rom, wasn't too bad, lots of circling and dash in for a quick bit of damage and circling again, quite dull but effective.

I tried the co op too for the first time and now have piles more insight after helping a few others beat Rom too, except one guy who ran the opposite direction when we got to the lake..

When requesting help with the beckoning bell, do you leave youself open to getting invaded or can you get invaded at any time?
    I was looking for help last night and someone joined to help me but at the same time I got invaded. We both chased and killed the invader but my friend died shortly after.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yep you leave yourself open to invasion. You'll have to find and kill the bell maiden or whatever you call her stop invasions happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

I don't know what weapon that is, never used it. But it doesn't look like he changed modes. Still one handing it and it looks the exact same.

It's the Reiterpallasch and hes definitely changing it. It goes from a rifle into a Bayonet!

• Advertisement

Ok anyway some first playthrough thoughts. Took some time to read through the wiki and read up on lore theories etc.

I'm going to keep this vague and spoiler free until more here have finished their first run. Turns out I killed all buy 1 optional boss which I missed but was standing pretty much next to.

I haven't felt this strongly about a game after a first playthrough in a long time. The quality is so high the entire way through and actually ramps up and gets better towards the end. There were plenty times in Dark Souls 2 and occasionally in 1 where I felt things didn't keep up with the pace or that areas were tacked on but Bloodborne is consistently great from start to end.

I absolutely love the horror setting which again really intensifies towards the end of the game. Played with headphones there were parts that were very unnerving and it all played perfectly into the
    lovecraft
    theme. Something I think Miyazaki absolutely nailed!

As expected I finished the game somewhat confused and somewhat excited about the story that will no doubt unravel over the next month as everything is pieced together and fleshed out by people with far better understanding of things than me. I really think in time with everything laid out on the table this will be an undisputed masterpiece of gaming.

Favourite areas were Cainhurst and the final area
    Mergo's Loft
    with the latter being a contender for best area in a Miyazaki game to date.

Sorry for the long and mostly vague post but when something gets into your head this much and you just need to tell people about it!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

So my impressions of bloodborne after my first try today, took a long time to download. I think the game is fantastic! The combat is identical to the way I played deamon souls and dark souls 2, all out attack, so my learning curve isn't so steep. Started as the waste of blood? class like I do in all the souls type games. I feel starting off that useless gives me more control over where I want to level my stats.

The atmosphere is so very dark! I'm really enjoying this game much more than dark souls 2. Really happy I pre ordered it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

I've gotten to the Cleric Beast at last myself.

Almost killed him my last try with full blood vials and molotovs but then he got me with about 10% of his health left.

Is it worth grinding blood echoes to try and level up a bit before facing him again or will it not make much difference?

What should I level up if so?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

mdwexford wrote: »
    I've gotten to the Cleric Beast at last myself.

Almost killed him my last try with full blood vials and molotovs but then he got me with about 10% of his health left.

Is it worth grinding blood echoes to try and level up a bit before facing him again or will it not make much difference?

What should I level up if so?

Stay close, short weapon, dodge. Shouldnt need to level. Levelling is a gradual process, 1 level won't make or break a single boss fight for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Just curious, how long did it take you to complete Big Knox?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

After an arduous journey through the Unseen Village with many, many deaths, finally got to the
    One Reborn. After that frightening cutscene and the trip to it,
    was ready for a serious fight.

Went down in one :pac:

Bloodborne - makes you feel like an imp one minute and a ninja the next!

Surprised they didn't make the three hunters a boss, they were absolute tanks. Although can't imagine fighting them all without the ability to lure them away from each other.

tok9 wrote: »
    Just curious, how long did it take you to complete Big Knox?

Good question, I'll check once I get home but how do I actually go about that? There's no in game stats afaik!

Edit: Just realised it's probably on the load screen, I've always just hit continue. Will post once I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Game finally arrived from Amazon, let the punishment begin!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I'm taking my time with it. I think I've about 25 hours with my main character and roughly 7-8 bosses down.

And my secondary character, I've put in about 13 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

tfw you ring your bell for co-op on the boss and a sinister bell answers your chime

tumblr_n41rndbVRE1tq3ndto1_400.gif

Advertisement