Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ditched the ludwigs sword and went back to kirkhammer, bate the witches 1st time with it. Had to look up how to attach runes :) but have 5 that are all very handy.

tried the dungeon system and got to the 3rd layer. Shyte loot so far but the bosses have been easy. Will hopefully make it in tonight to finally take down Amelia. Such a class game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

What is this dungeon section that people are playing? Im pretty early on and hoping to beat the cleric beast tonight. Does it unlock or do i get an item that unlocks it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    What is this dungeon section that people are playing? Im pretty early on and hoping to beat the cleric beast tonight. Does it unlock or do i get an item that unlocks it?

Chalice Dungeon, you get to unlock if after beating a boss, probably the third one

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Love the game but one thing annoys me; Farming for blood vials.

I liked the Estus Flask system. The game kicked your ass but a bonfire was a Godsend because you could refill on healing items and go again.

Anyone around level 49 want to help me with The Reborn One? Seriously struggling. Level 35-63 partners if I'm correct

Anyone :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

tok9 wrote: »
    I'm taking my time with it. I think I've about 25 hours with my main character and roughly 7-8 bosses down.

And my secondary character, I've put in about 13 hours.

Character sheet says I'm currently at 34 hours, that's with about 2 hours messing around on NG+ and about 5 chalice dungeons done. It's a decent amount longer than both Dark Souls took me but if felt shorter which is a strange one. All but one boss done and all areas fully cleared.

Yupp after 3rd boss blood starved beast, you get a chalice that you can use in hunters dream.diffetent chalice's crest different dungeons that you can share with fwends so you can co-op then for extra loot and challenge.

Yeah with the vials, I'm either fully stocked or reduced to buying them in the dream. Getting to the point where i choose death instead of using vials if i need them for a boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

J. Marston wrote: »

I liked the Estus Flask system. The game kicked your ass but a bonfire was a Godsend because you could refill on healing items and go again.

Start at the central Yharnam lamp, go down the stairs on the left. Kill the guy on the way, then go kill the two ogres down the steps on the left. Go back through the house killing the 3 guys on the way and the fourth on the stairs at the top. Then kill the two warewolfs on the right of the bridge and finish with the ogre and bird pack before the Cleric Beast lamp.

That run takes about 2 minutes and nets between 12 - 16 vials each time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm pretty pleased with my progress so far today. I was exploring a new area and managed to kill the guy with the
    gatling gun
    . I also killed another Hunter type enemy in what has been my favourite encounter yet.

It is only when I get stuck on a boss that I think about quitting the game.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Yupp after 3rd boss blood starved beast, you get a chalice that you can use in hunters dream.diffetent chalice's crest different dungeons that you can share with fwends so you can co-op then for extra loot and challenge.

You mentioned co-op in the chalice dungeon. Does the co-op work the same way, i.e. ringing bells or is it a more traditional invite system?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

J. Marston wrote: »

Yeah it's an irritant alright, even though there are a few easy ways to do it it's still farming / grinding, which is bad game design (particularly stands out in a game full of extraordinary enemy design). They really should be a good bit cheaper at the merchant.

The other good spot I've found, aside from the Central Yarnham one, is the Forbidden Woods, doing the run from the lamp to the village (and up to the snipers if you want). While you'll usually net ten or so blood vials, you'll also get ****loads of blood echoes (five minutes should net you 20k or so), so you can either buy up some extra vials or indeed just level up :)

You mentioned co-op in the chalice dungeon. Does the co-op work the same way, i.e. ringing bells or is it a more traditional invite system?

Im not sure, once you create a dungeon, share it (option in the same place as you create it). Then your fwend downloads it and you can then co-op in it. Not sure if you still need bells, im guessing you do.

Pity its not easier to jump onto a game with friends as it was a good laugh the one time it worked for me. But then I don't think From want you havibg too much fun..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

A good way to make this game more stressful for yourself is to walk around the forbidden woods with 200k blood echoes..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Co-op makes this amazing. Rang my bell after vicar Amelia and got two co-op players who ran me to and killed witches with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I don't know who that boss is. What area is it in?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Right before the second boss and I decided not to climb the first ladder, but to head through the secret-looking sewer and climb the next one. Had no idea what was on the bridge. Pure dumb luck and silly AI.

*spoilers for area before 2nd boss*

I don't know who that boss is. What area is it in?

The Unseen Village

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Well I've just passed it, but I'm level 64, don't know if I can help out?

Ah I see. I was actually going into that area and then I was distracted and went to Cainhurst.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Fed up trying to kill this spider and it's AOE attack that kills me in two hits. No vials or bullets left has put me off playing this for a while, can't be arsed grinding for them.

• Advertisement

This boss in Cainhurst is easily the hardest boss so far for me.

Well I've just passed it, but I'm level 64, don't know if I can help out?

I'm 50 now so you could?

I'm 50 now so you could?

Yeah happy to help if I can, haven't used private co-op yet so what do I need to do?

Can hop on now if you want.

Yeah happy to help if I can, haven't used private co-op yet so what do I need to do?

Can hop on now if you want.

I haven't used it either tbh! I'll pm my username and a password. If you're on any time tonight that'd be grand, not in a major rush.

Decided I'll level up another 2-3 levels and come back. Going to head to this unseen village in 10 mins or so.

Btw I'm lvl 66

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

This boss in Cainhurst is easily the hardest boss so far for me.

You gotta stay in the pocket on that fight, don't stand off him or he will **** you up in phase 1 and phase 2

In phase 1 constantly dash to him to close the distance, looking to stay to his side or behind him at all times. Phase 2 you wanna dodge to you're left (his right) everytime because his big sweeping attack starts from that side and finishes to his left. When he flies up you just walk in one direction. Get the timing down (1.5sec - 2sec) and then roll in the opposite direction and you will avoid him 100% of the time.

Closest thing to an Artorias/Gwyn fight so far and was fun, but its alot easier than anything similar from Dark Souls 1 an 2

Phase 1 is not the issue :P

I just opened up a shortcut to the third boss and had a good go at beating it. I had it down to half health but I wasn't expecting it's second phase of attack.

Anyone any tips on how to kill the
    Blood Starved Beast
    ? Long-weapon or get in close? I'm thinking long-weapon as it is fast and hard to get a hit in.

Also I was looking through my inventory and I have a stack of Tempering Blood Gemstones. Should I be doing something with these?

Well just found one of the main PvP areas :eek: Had an invader within seconds of stepping away from the lamp! Just about won the duel, but decided that was enough for today. Does the bell lady in
    Nightmare Frontier
    respawn then?

• Advertisement

Go to workbench and attach the blood gems to your weapon if you have a blood gem tool kit.

For the boss, look to your right before entering the church for a note saying 'ring your bell if you need help' ring your beckoning bell and an NPC will appear to help you. Made the fight a cinch for me.

Advertisement