Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I just opened up a shortcut to the third boss and had a good go at beating it. I had it down to half health but I wasn't expecting it's second phase of attack.

Anyone any tips on how to kill the
    Blood Starved Beast
    ? Long-weapon or get in close? I'm thinking long-weapon as it is fast and hard to get a hit in.

Also I was looking through my inventory and I have a stack of Tempering Blood Gemstones. Should I be doing something with these?

Wait for him to pounce and then dodge diagonally forward, few slaps of a sword and back off.

Bring antidotes :(

You can fuse the blood gems to your weapon in the workhouse in The Hunters Dream

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

just bought a surround sound system earlier.Well fuk me its brillaint.After a few tokes and with the lights off the sound quality of the game really shines.

As my 12 year old said to me after playing as far as the cleric boss..the japanese are a bit odd:pac::pac::pac:

Really enjoyinmg this game so far.....and havent broken my only joypad yet:P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

tok9 wrote: »
    Phase 1 is not the issue :P

And I'm pretty sure my 70 insight is not helping! When I shoot him, the bullets go over his head!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Go to workbench and attach the blood gems to your weapon if you have a blood gem tool kit.

For the boss, look to your right before entering the church for a note saying 'ring your bell if you need help' ring your beckoning bell and an NPC will appear to help you. Made the fight a cinch for me.

Does it cost insight to call on NPCS help?

Does it cost insight to call on NPCS help?

afaik yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Lads. Where is that? And how do I get to it? It's just a big gap between me and that spot and I don't know how to get there.

16816347380_723d9bafb8_b.jpg

I'm standing at the
    sewer place in Central Yharnam where them crawling bodies are on the floor

Lads. Where is that? And how do I get to it? It's just a big gap between me and that spot and I don't know how to get there.

16816347380_723d9bafb8_b.jpg

I'm standing at the
    sewer place in Central Yharnam where them crawling bodies are on the floor
    Theres a an area in yharnharm where you smash barrels and you can drop down there....the loot you see to your far left is a decent armour set to help with the first boss.

EDIT:and sorry cant remember directions to it , maybe somebody else can help with that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Theres a an area in yharnharm where you smash barrels and you can drop down there....the loot you see to your far left is a decent armour set to help with the first boss.

EDIT:and sorry cant remember directions to it , maybe somebody else can help with that

I'm sure logic will help me. I'll try and look around. Thanks! :)

Update: FOUND IT

I'm sure logic will help me. I'll try and look around. Thanks! :)

Update: FOUND IT

coola boola :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I found Blighttown. At least they tipped us off by naming the the Nightmare Frontier this time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Oh man I did it. I finally beat him and I did it the one time I streamed it too :P

You will hear the joy of a man who was killed about 10-15 times I'd say.

Very tough fight. I'll link the video when I get it sorted, it's going really slowly for me when I check it out in past broadcasts.

Edit: Here it is - http://www.twitch.tv/spud_1231/c/6452729

Pure joy at the end of that video! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Unseen Village done this evening, both bosses quite straight forward, loved the scene with the summoning of the one reborn.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Any tips for killing Fr. Gascoigne after he transforms?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Do you have the music box?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Lads...

The sky and the cosmos are one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Any tips for killing Fr. Gascoigne after he transforms?

I used the hunter axe and just time the charged R2 attack right so that you can knock him back. Do it three or four times and he should be dead.

That's basically what I do with every enemy though.. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Kirby wrote: »
    Do you have the music box?

I never knew it and checked it on youtube. Cool in a way of hidden mechanics, but a bit dodgy tactic. It makes him transfer waaaaay too quickly.

I just used that shotgun starting weapon and axe combo. That shotgun makes it stagger for few seconds. Well timed you can stun lock the fecker (sort off ).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I never knew it and checked it on youtube. Cool in a way of hidden mechanics, but a bit dodgy tactic. It makes him transfer waaaaay too quickly.

I just used that shotgun starting weapon and axe combo. That shotgun makes it stagger for few seconds. Well timed you can stun lock the fecker (sort off ).

Don't use it when he's in human form.

Knock his health down until until he transforms and then use the music box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 jimeno

Hi I'm new here, I'll just drop by to say that BB is an excellent game. The atmosphere imho is way superior to the souls games, there's a constant sense of oppression and evil lurking behind every corner.

It has some little design and technical problems, like bad loading times, sloppy framerate, guns are not that useful, healing mechanics force you to farm (unless one try to learn areas-bosses by deliberately not healing to save vials)....but all in all is probably the best new gen game out there.

sorry for my bad english, i'm not a native speaker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

This is my last try at the BSB, then I'm giving up. Level 57 ready to go.

• Advertisement

jimeno wrote: »
    Hi I'm new here, I'll just drop by to say that BB is an excellent game. The atmosphere imho is way superior to the souls games, there's a constant sense of oppression and evil lurking behind every corner.

It has some little design and technical problems, like bad loading times, sloppy framerate, guns are not that useful, healing mechanics force you to farm (unless one try to learn areas-bosses by deliberately not healing to save vials)....but all in all is probably the best new gen game out there.

sorry for my bad english, i'm not a native speaker.

English is fine bro

I agree on all points. The bad framerate is really the only thing that let's the game down, the lading times don't bother me half as much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

cloud493 wrote: »
    Have you tried using the Pungent Blood Cocktail?

cloud493 wrote: »

Whoa. I'm level 62 and I'm near the end of the game. Have you been upgrading you're weapon? That's key to increasing youre damage more so than stats. Also bring fire damage to the fight. Like the oil urn, molotovs and fire paper. If you have a saw weapon use it as it does bonus damage to beasts. Equip beast killing runes and fire runes if you have them. If you also have the item Pungent Blood Cocktail use it by throwing it away from him and he will be attracted to it and will give you some free hits on him. Oh yeah and some antidote

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

So I'm putting vials and bullets into storage but when I die I'm getting refilled back to full and then when I start earning more they go to waste unless I head back to hunter's dream again? Can't be right...

English is fine bro

I agree on all points. The bad framerate is really the only thing that let's the game down, the lading times don't bother me half as much.

thank you :)

I actually dislike more loading times than FR, I tend to die a lot because I love dropping down random ledges, try unusual combat tactics, stuff like that. I found a 0.1% exploration achievement before it got popular by wandering around aimlessly!

Another thing that kinda sucks for me is we can't have inter-area fast travel, but we're forced to go to the hunter's dream before; that basically doubles loading times, very bad design imho

sweetie wrote: »
    So I'm putting vials and bullets into storage but when I die I'm getting refilled back to full and then when I start earning more they go to waste unless I head back to hunter's dream again? Can't be right...

Nah. If you have max vials on you and pick up another it goes into storage. When you die or go back to the dream you automatically take the excess vials/bullets from storage so you don't have to go and manage the storage yourself. Very handy indeed

sweetie wrote: »

don't manually put stuff in storage, it goes there automatically.

e.g. you have 15 vials, the first 5 you get tops your stack, anymore after the cap is sent to storage. if you die, the game refills your stack by automatically taking them from your home storage, no need to go to the dream to manage stacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Just beat the Cleric boss!!!!

Man I was pumped after it, let out a roar of victory :)

7 hours in and about 10 goes at him but hopefully I've turned a corner a bit now.

With the 4k blood echoes I got should I buy the kirkhammer or level up some more?

I've already levelled up about 4 levels I think.

mdwexford wrote: »

7 hours in and about 10 goes at him but hopefully I've turned a corner a bit now.

With the 4k blood echoes I got should I buy the kirkhammer or level up some more?

i don't want to spoil you but the kirkhammer is a terrible weapon; not much later in the game you get another 2-hander which has a better moveset (as in faster swings, larger area covered by swings, etc.). as of now drop points in vitality and upgrade your starting weapon. not getting 1-shot killed is very important, and vitality is key to unexperienced players

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

mdwexford wrote: »

Onwards and upwards :)

If you're going with a Strength build then you should definitely pick up the Kirkhammer but try out the moveset before upgrading as some people don't like how slow it is!

Advertisement