Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Dang, bought the kirkhammer after defeating cleric beast. I'll see what its like first. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

You can really get through NG+ fast if you just focus on necessary bosses.
    There's only 7 necessary bosses, most are optional

Also there's no new items in NG+ at all which is very disappointing, the focus is really put on chalice dungeons but after doing a few hours of them last night I have to admit they are excellent and there seems to be as much content as the main game if not more in them with new bosses and mobs aplenty.

Bloodgems and the dungeons are random, also
    different versions of each weapon can drop with different rune slots
    so it adds a bit of an ARPG vibe to them which is cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Whoa. I'm level 62 and I'm near the end of the game. Have you been upgrading you're weapon? That's key to increasing youre damage more so than stats. Also bring fire damage to the fight. Like the oil urn, molotovs and fire paper. If you have a saw weapon use it as it does bonus damage to beasts. Equip beast killing runes and fire runes if you have them. If you also have the item Pungent Blood Cocktail use it by throwing it away from him and he will be attracted to it and will give you some free hits on him. Oh yeah and some antidote

My weapon is upgraded as far as I can get it without twin blood stones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 jimeno

cloud493 wrote: »
    My weapon is upgraded as far as I can get it without twin blood stones.

you can farm twin blood stones from
    the sack monsters at the hypogean gaol lamp
    , or from the resource monster like crystalline lizards if you played souls games. they should be pretty easy to come by at that level unless you farmed echoes like a madman.

jimeno wrote: »
    you can farm twin blood stones from
    the sack monsters at the hypogean gaol lamp
    , or from the resource monster like crystalline lizards if you played souls games. they should be pretty easy to come by at that level unless you farmed echoes like a madman.

I'm not that far :P my last lamp was old yarnhem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm having awful trouble with the BSB but I've read a few tips posted here in the last few hours. I think I will try to level up a bit more and go grinding for Blood vials.

I tried to summon an NPC to help me and I did summon someone. I think they might have been another player though, not sure. Either way they didn't last long against the BSB so it was a waste of Insight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

This is probably a stupid question, but how do you quit? I can't see any option to quit, and any time i close the application through the Home button i get a "you didn't quit properly last time" error.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

What is the actual value of insight in this game? I haven't used it for anything other than to buy things from the Insight messenger bath

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Kiith wrote: »
    This is probably a stupid question, but how do you quit? I can't see any option to quit, and any time i close the application through the Home button i get a "you didn't quit properly last time" error.

Press start and then press right twice and click on System Settings. Now click Exit at the bottom and it will save properly.

What is the actual value of insight in this game? I haven't used it for anything other than to buy things from the Insight messenger bath

Insight changes the world, apparently 15 and over brings up new enemies or gives current enemies new attacks. Having 10 opens up the messenger bath that trades insight and then it is used to summon people.

I have 17 at the moment and about 15 Madman's Knowledge that I'm holding onto.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

You all mad. The kirkhammer is a beast! It replaced my saw cleaver as my main with the Saw being my beast/kin slaying weapon.

The secret to the Hammer is to open with the sword then change to the Hammer mid combo. The damage is insane with a STR build

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 jimeno

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'm not that far :P my last lamp was old yarnhem

actually you are, you just don't know the route to there :):):)

anyway here's another hint for the fight:
    it's a blood starved beast no? so why not give it a little bit of something it's starving for?

You all mad. The kirkhammer is a beast! It replaced my saw cleaver as my main with the Saw being my beast/kin slaying weapon.

The secret to the Hammer is to open with the sword then change to the Hammer mid combo. The damage is insane with a STR build

BOOM Exactly! I went from Axe to Kirk to Ludwig but even with similar stats, it felt very weak. Went back to Kirk and dunno why I ever left it. I never use it solely as sword or hammer, instead I use the sword for quick enemies, hammer for big guys and mix up the combos if I get an opening for the hammer.

Using R2 with the hammer on an enemies back and then follow up with a visceral attack does mega damage. Also helps that I found a rune that gives you extra souls echoes for visceral attacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Hunters Axe for me. Best moveset in the game. I put a fire rune in Ludwigs and I have the electric Tonitrus so I have my Beast/Kin/Random bases covered. When I'm feeling silly I break out the Logarius Wheel. S strength scaling? Cant go wrong with that. Plus the sound it makes is hilarious.

For offhand I have the blunderbuss for parrying, the flamethrower mainly used for pvp and the CANNON for when I want to blow a large hole in something. :D

A cannon??!!

Can you tell me the area where you found the fire and electric runes? I just wanted the general area so I know if I have not found it in my current progroess or if I just haven't got to it yet. Can you spoiler it as well please in case other people don't want to know. I'm still at Amelia so haven't gotten to the forest yet.

jimeno wrote: »
    actually you are, you just don't know the route to there :):):)

anyway here's another hint for the fight:
    it's a blood starved beast no? so why not give it a little bit of something it's starving for?

I would very much like to know the route if possible :)

Having trouble with Ebrietas. Hardest fight yet and the first fight that made me have to farm vials.

Btw best place to farm them is from central yharnam lamp on route to Father G

Kirby wrote: »
    Hunters Axe for me. Best moveset in the game.

Never, the Burial Blade has the best moveset in the game!! ;)

DEX is rough starting out, really rough actually but the Blades of Mercy and the Burial Blade are glorious!!

Have a friend buying a PS4 today once he finishes work, he played a bit in mine over the weekend and he's taking the plunge. Going to roll a new character and do some co-op with him but I've no idea what sort of build to go. I might try a bloodtinge Chikage build maybe!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭froggy1985

New player here, bought the game after stumbling on this thread and seeing the positive reactions! So thanks to all here..

I have never played any of the souls games before so I found it difficult to get into the swing of things, that being I am really enjoying the lack of hand-holding I have gotten used to in most console games over the last few years, the first couple of hours of Bloodborne were brutal for me. I think the "You Died" screen is burned into my retinas for eternity...

I beat the Cleric Beast last night after a few hours of playing the game (my heart was thumping, cant remember feeling like that playing a game for a while!) but I am still really struggling with some of the non human-like creatures. The Wolves (?) on the bridge on the way to the cleric beast caused me all sorts of problems, and even the crows seem to inflict a lot of damage on me every time I encounter them, I don't know what I am doing wrong but I can't seem to dodge them successfully and they are attacking me in a split second by the time I get in range to strike :-( even the big dudes with the rocks cause me less problems..

Fantastic game though, sitting in work now looking forward to tackling more beasts as soon as I get home! Will defo be going back to the previous Dark Souls games.. if I survive Bloodborne

Is there much choice of armour in the game? Just curios, and i checked the wiki, and there seems to be a very small selection.

• Advertisement

I found vicar Amelia, but still no lamp :(

Is there much choice of armour in the game? Just curios, and i checked the wiki, and there seems to be a very small selection.

There's no heavy and light armour as such. Each set has different physical and elemental resists and most are fairly close in stats. Some sets will give very high resistance to a particular damage type like Bolt or Blood and can be useful for certain bosses but that's about as far as it goes really. It's more about fashion souls than ever now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Was reading a Wikipedia entry on the King's field series after seeing it mentioned a lot in relation to the Souls games. I though this was funny;

As opposed to other combat based RPGs, King's Field focuses more on exploration and a dark brooding ambiance. The slow character movement facilitates streaming data from the game disk which eliminates loading screens that plague most PlayStation titles. Fans say the lack of loading screens aid in becoming absorbed into the artistry of the title by removing constant reminders that "it's just a game".

Is anyone else having trouble connecting to the PSN servers? I can browse the net, but can't seem to connect to any games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

There is a shortcut beside the forbidden woods lamp. How do I open it?

I opened the lift one further in with the snake head

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Is anyone else having trouble connecting to the PSN servers? I can browse the net, but can't seem to connect to any games.

Yep there's an issue at the moment.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

There is a shortcut beside the forbidden woods lamp. How do I open it?

I opened the lift one further in with the snake head

It opens
    just past the guy with the cannon
    , after the village and the 'swamp' with the crawling creatures.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

sweetie wrote: »
    Was reading a Wikipedia entry on the King's field series after seeing it mentioned a lot in relation to the Souls games. I though this was funny;

As opposed to other combat based RPGs, King's Field focuses more on exploration and a dark brooding ambiance. The slow character movement facilitates streaming data from the game disk which eliminates loading screens that plague most PlayStation titles. Fans say the lack of loading screens aid in becoming absorbed into the artistry of the title by removing constant reminders that "it's just a game".

The King's Field games are fantastic even if they look a little basic. In the first game you can open a secret door at the start releasing a skeleton creature several levels higher than you that proceeds to destroy you. That's usually the first enemy players face in that game :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

It opens
    just past the guy with the cannon
    , after the village and the 'swamp' with the crawling creatures.

How do I open it? I went in there and only found the lift to lower down but no shortcut to lamp. Am I missing something?

• Advertisement

How do I open it? I went in there and only found the lift to lower down but no shortcut to lamp. Am I missing something?

It's very close to the first snake head guy near the hump back bridge. You're looking for another wooden lift like the one you came down in

Advertisement