Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

After 8 maybe? I'll pm you my ID and if you send a request whenever you're online I'll see it. I'd go in now but my brother will batter me if I wake him to play this again :D:D:D

Edit- Just seen your ID, I'll add you when I'm online

Yes that be grand I have work till 6 and I still have to find the shortcuts to the boss.

The game is so addictive isn't I do be only off it and I do be dying to play again but I need a break for tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Killed the
    One reborn
    first try. Making good progress. I think if he was able to hit you while you were clearing the stairs, it would be a harder fight. As it stands, its fairly easy to be honest.

For anyone struggling on him, there is a way to kill
    Rom the spider
    in about 7 seconds. Discovered it last night and its hilarious.
    When he loses a third of his hp, he twirls and teleports away yeah? But if you go in with a co-op partner and bash him from either side, it cancels his teleport. He never gets into phase 2 or 3 and dies instantly. It's possible to do it solo if you have the tonitrus, but you need a lot of stamina in order to keep attacking and stunlocking him.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

This is the most disgusting game I've ever played, and I mean that in that most complimentary sense.

Just entered the Unseen Village and the monsters keep getting more and more hideous!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Capslock

J. Marston wrote: »
    This is the most disgusting game I've ever played, and I mean that in that most complimentary sense.

Just entered the Unseen Village and the monsters keep getting more and more hideous!
    Ha ha :D yeah! I had some weird creature who kept invading my world today on some level. I'd kill it and two minutes later the same ****ers would appear :D had to kill him at least five times!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Just beat the last two bosses back to back on my first attempt. Heart was beating fast and hard in my chest. Intense stuff. The setting for the boss is really beautiful also. Magnificent game

37 hours to finish it at level 75 with a +9 weapon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

For BSB try not too use lock on and mostly dodge diagonally never backwards as his attacks move him forward. The trick is to not get greedy, get one hit it so then back right off.

Also his slow swipe with his left hand is a cinch to parry so do that. If you can wear Gascoines outfit for the higher poison resistance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Alright I'm done with this. Frustration factor + the bad camera is more annoying than satisfying, to me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

cloud493 wrote: »
    Alright I'm done with this. Frustration factor + the bad camera is more annoying than satisfying, to me anyway.

Did you beat the BSB in the end? I'm stuck there myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I didn't. Combination of my lack of skill, the bloody awful camera at times, and the unfair quick poison and blitz attack he does gets me every time, its frustrating more than fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Did you beat the BSB in the end? I'm stuck there myself.

I started a new character to play some co-op with a friend last night. Could help if ye wanted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Big Knox wrote: »
    I started a new character to play some co-op with a friend last night. Could help if ye wanted?

Cool, I might need some help. I'll send you a PSN friend request. But I probably won't be playing till tomorrow. Going to see Furious 7 tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

After 3 days and over 200 blood vials I've finally beaten Rom.
    As people here have mentioned, the trick is to stay calm and keep your head about you when going in for the strikes.
    I was lucky that he didn't teleport a 3rd time so I was able to thin out his herd but I'm glad that's over!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Did the Nightmare Frontier last night which had the easiest boss for me so far, went in full berserker mode and took it down very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Got the tonsil stone, picked up by a hand and transported to a place and then found my way to Nightmare frontier. Invaded straight away, definite PVP arena. The 1st one, i fell off a cliff. The 2nd one, I was in the middle of fighting a wolf thing and the invader backed off and waited until I was finished. Then he gave me a bow and battle commenced. He won but was going good, I just couldn't be bother wasting all my vials healing. Wish healing was turned off during invasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

As a predominantly PC gamer, I am finding the loading times absolutely atrocious! - the game itself is glorious but having to wait 30 seconds between each zone is :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Cool, I might need some help. I'll send you a PSN friend request. But I probably won't be playing till tomorrow. Going to see Furious 7 tonight.

No hassle. I'll probably be playing with said friend tonight so hopefully won't be out of co-op range by tomorrow!

PSN: De7rag

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Finished it last night. Probably put about 35 hours into it. There's a few things I missed so will be making a new character for all that. Haven't even touched the Chalice Dungeons for instance...

Think I still prefer Dark Souls, but Bloodborne comes pretty damn close. Think Dark Souls took me about 75 hours to complete first time around (without DLC)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Had a look at the other endings on youtube after i cleared the game. Turns out i fought a secret boss and got the secret ending after the final boss because
    I ate 4 Umbilical cords through the game. I also had 75 insight before the final boss and used all my Madmen's to boost it up to 99, dunno if that matters

Missed the rock to upgrade my weapon to a +10 but i actually killed every boss in the game outside of the chalice dungeons :eek: No urge to do NG+ at all, may end up finishing off the chalice dungeons or start a new character and actually do coop this time :D The chalice dungeons kinda make up for the poor NG+, kinda

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

mdwexford wrote: »
    Just beat the Cleric boss!!!!

Man I was pumped after it, let out a roar of victory :)

7 hours in and about 10 goes at him but hopefully I've turned a corner a bit now.

With the 4k blood echoes I got should I buy the kirkhammer or level up some more?

I've already levelled up about 4 levels I think.

Just killed Father Gascoigne!!!!

Took about 6-7 tries, actually thought he was easier than the Cleric Beast but maybe it's just I'm improving a bit.

Maybe I was right about turning the corner yesterday :)

Elevator in the Forbidden Woods glitched on me won't work :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

try exiting game and start it up again..got stuck on a stairs and that worked for me

try exiting game and start it up again..got stuck on a stairs and that worked for me

Thanks will give it a go really frustrating as its a hard boss fight and it makes it a lot longer without that shortcut.

And this is where I give up on this game.

Shadow of Yharman is impossible!

Burkie7 wrote: »
    And this is where I give up on this game.

Shadow of Yharman is impossible!

Is that the boss for Forbidden Woods? I've been wondering around in the woods for ages, ended up back in bloody Yarnham where you start the game. Found the Cainhurst invitation though so looking forward to trying that. Still looking for the 2nd lamp (if there is one) and/or shortcuts back to the 1st lamp but feel I'm close.

I found white church clothes that have a high poison resistance but still getting poisoned all over the shop in the caves. That place must be shyte altogether if you have low poison resistance.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Is that the boss for Forbidden Woods? I've been wondering around in the woods for ages, ended up back in bloody Yarnham where you start the game. Found the Cainhurst invitation though so looking forward to trying that. Still looking for the 2nd lamp (if there is one) and/or shortcuts back to the 1st lamp but feel I'm close.

I found white church clothes that have a high poison resistance but still getting poisoned all over the shop in the caves. That place must be shyte altogether if you have low poison resistance.

Yes its a nightmare you have to fight three of them at one time. I'm doing it with someone on this later so I was just having a few practice runs now but it's so frustrating.

Yes I done exactly the same as you when you want to go back to the Forbidden Woods that's a good shortcut to take make sure you open the door that's on your right at the start of the game when you leave the clinic.

What level are you?

I'm level 37 I think. I'll be on some point this evening or late tonight, if you see me on and you're still stuck, send me a message we can try some co-op.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I'm level 37 I think. I'll be on some point this evening or late tonight, if you see me on and you're still stuck, send me a message we can try some co-op.

I'm level 63 I think so can only do it 10 levels either side which is a shame.

Ah okay, yeah was just saying last night I wish there wasn't so many restrictions with friends co-op.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

I'm around the same level if you want to try co-op later? I shoud be on for an hour or two from 5:30 or so

• Advertisement

blag wrote: »
    I'm around the same level if you want to try co-op later? I shoud be on for an hour or two from 5:30 or so

Cheers my PSN is Burkie7-MUFC.

You manage to beat them yet?

Advertisement