Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Burkie7 wrote: »
    Cheers my PSN is Burkie7-MUFC.

You manage to beat them yet?

I did it solo and helped a random guy with it yesterday too, I'm sure we can give it a good effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

blag wrote: »
    I did it solo and helped a random guy with it yesterday too, I'm sure we can give it a good effort.
    What strategy did you use?

What strategy did you use?

Solo,
    I tried to take out the sword guy first while keeping the fireball guy behind the big stone as much as possible. Then onto the fame sword guy doing the same thing and eventually taking out the fireball thrower.

In co-op
    we both went for different opponents from the off which meant the fireball guy wasn't as much as a nuisance.

Taking on the fireball guy together first might work too as he'll be wide open to visceral attacks if there's one in front baiting him. He really is the biggest threat.

Solo,
    I tried to take out the sword guy first while keeping the fireball guy behind the big stone as much as possible. Then onto the fame sword guy doing the same thing and eventually taking out the fireball thrower.

In co-op
    we both went for different opponents from the off which meant the fireball guy wasn't as much as a nuisance.

Taking on the fireball guy together first might work too as he'll be wide open to visceral attacks if there's one in front baiting him. He really is the biggest threat.
    Cool that sounds good. When we have him killed both of us work on one each then as when you kill two of them that's when the snakes start to come up so if their both nearly dead when one dies they wont get a chance to use the snakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Yes its a nightmare you have to fight three of them at one time. I'm doing it with someone on this later so I was just having a few practice runs now but it's so frustrating.

Yes I done exactly the same as you when you want to go back to the Forbidden Woods that's a good shortcut to take make sure you open the door that's on your right at the start of the game when you leave the clinic.

What level are you?

Sent you an invite, I'm on now and have been farming this boss battle for echoes today, can be done in about 3 minutes with a decent team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I can help too if you want?

Sure I'll come on now lads.

Will I meet ya's outside the boss battle or at the lamp at the start?

Finished work early to so available to help if needed, PSN is Wiry-Hornet

Finished work early to so available to help if needed, PSN is Wiry-Hornet

Will add you now.

I'm just outside the boss now at the crossroads.

Passwords is boardsie

• Advertisement

Will add you now.

I'm just outside the boss now at the crossroads.

Passwords is boardsie

I'm there now if you're still looking

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

We beat him there.

I thought someone said you needed 120 insight for certain things but I seem to be maxed out now at 99?

Got it done lads thanks very much.

I'm sure I will need your help again so thank god I found this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

Well I'm only after breaking my fecking leg! Should have bloodborne finished in no time haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

The chalice dungeons kinda make up for the poor NG+, kinda

After 6 or so hours of them I'm still hooked. They're a fantastic addition and the random loot and bosses are great. Sapposidly there's another 30 or 40 hours of content in them aswell.

Add in the fact you can co-op and PvP in them and the poor NG+ is forgiven IMO.

Big Knox wrote: »
    After 6 or so hours of them I'm still hooked. They're a fantastic addition and the random loot and bosses are great. Sapposidly there's another 30 or 40 hours of content in them aswell.

Add in the fact you can co-op and PvP in them and the poor NG+ is forgiven IMO.

I haven't tried them yet what level would you recommend doing them at?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I haven't tried them yet what level would you recommend doing them at?

As soon as you can. Although not as exciting or as interesting to explore as the main story they offer good content similar to a dungeon crawler game. Plus there is close to 10 bosses in the dungeons only, with some of them apparently being better than the main story fights.

As soon as you can. Although not as exciting or as interesting to explore as the main story they offer good content similar to a dungeon crawler game. Plus there is close to 10 bosses in the dungeons only, with some of them apparently being better than the main story fights.

Cheers I'll check them out.

If anyone wants to do them co op let us know I'm level 64.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Frenzy sniper!
    Took me too long to realise I could just leg it to the castle door without much damage, and the pursuing enemies would simply give up :pac:

Also the
    Micolash
    fight is weird. Nice to see a different sort of boss at this late stage, although was also incredibly easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Ummm

I must be missing something

I have just started playing this game, wasted over 1 h trying to kill a wolf until I succeeded by punching it.

Now I am out and about, trying to kill things but I am not sure why I am there or what am I supposed to do, did I miss something at the beginning where it explained who I am and what is my purpose in this game?

• Advertisement

Bohrio wrote: »
    Ummm

I must be missing something

I have just started playing this game, wasted over 1 h trying to kill a wolf until I succeeded by punching it.

Now I am out and about, trying to kill things but I am not sure why I am there or what am I supposed to do, did I miss something at the beginning where it explained who I am and what is my purpose in this game?

Press pause and equip your weapon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJxi_w6jwRg

Yes I realize I could get weapons if I got to some sort of hunters dream place. Shame cause it would have made my life much easier when I was trying to kill that massive wolf.

Now I am out and about killing things only to get to a place when someone jumps from the side and kills me and then I am back to the beginning again.

But still no idea of who I am and what am I suppose to do.

Did want to have to go to youtube or some website to find out, guess this game is not really for me. At least not now, might give it a go in a few days and see whats cooking

thanks anyway

Ok after watching that video I want to try those moves now, makes much sense now, was a bit lost, although I still dont know what is my mission I am just going to go around killing things, I will get the point eventually lol

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

The Ebrietas fight is really ruining this game for me. It's just hopelessly unfair at this stage! I go in, fight it and bring it down to half way health and then it starts firing lasers that I manage to avoid, it kills me by rushing me and slapping me with tentacles. I do tiny chip damage to it, while it 2 shots me. Compared to other bosses around this level, this is just not fair...

Worse though, I have to go to the Hunter's Dream (really long load screen) then to the Witch's Den (really long load screen) and grind some blood echoes and buy the blood vials that I need to go try to kill it again, then back to the Hunter's Dream (LOOOAD) and then to try killing that squid again (LOOOOOOOOOOAD). Pointlessly tedious!

Worse yet, I've been trying this evening to summon help, and after spending a point of insight, while waiting I get booted from the network for some bizarre reason, and when it reconnects, I'm still down that point of insight.

I'm a big fan of the Dark Souls brutal but fair punishment system, but I think Bloodborne has some really annoying problems that will limit my desire to replay this game. Not much point anyway, as it's not like there's tonnes of builds to try in this game considering all of the decent Skill weapons are NG+, which is a MORONIC move...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Bohrio wrote: »
    Ok after watching that video I want to try those moves now, makes much sense now, was a bit lost, although I still dont know what is my mission I am just going to go around killing things, I will get the point eventually lol

thanks

Unfortunately From Software don't make games that just blatantly tell you who you are or what your purpose is! It can be hard to get used to but that's really the beauty of the Souls games!

Unfortunately From Software don't make games that just blatantly tell you who you are or what your purpose is! It can be hard to get used to but that's really the beauty of the Souls games!

Yes I guess you are right I should have made more research before buying the game.

Been playing since 4, and since 5.20 I have been stuck doing the same mission (whatever the mission is which I still dont know) over and over, keep getting further and further but in all fairness, as I dont know what I am doing, it feels repetitive, I spawn, run down the stairs, kill a bunch of people around a bonfire, then keep walking, kill a bunch of wolfs and guys, then face a big troll looking fella and die, then back to the beginning, that's been me since 5.20.

I am giving up for the week, might try something simpler :S and spend some time on youtube but I dont think this game is for me! there goes 60 euro!

PS: I keep thinking I am missing something, for instance, everytime I start the game I keep getting the message that next time I should quit the game by going to the main menu and hitting exit game, but I dont know how to get to the main menu.. I will spend sometime later this week finding out.

I have never played a game before where there isnt even a quick guide of what things do, where is the health bar, what is what (like coins, vails, etc), unless I was away when they explained that part or I accidentally forward that part

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Bohrio wrote:
    Been playing since 4, and since 5.20 I have been stuck doing the same mission (whatever the mission is which I still dont know) over and over, keep getting further and further but in all fairness, as I dont know what I am doing, it feels repetitive, I spawn, run down the stairs, kill a bunch of people around a bonfire, then keep walking, kill a bunch of wolfs and guys, then face a big troll looking fella and die, then back to the beginning, that's been me since 5.20.

You can avoid that troll if its the one banging on the door. Break the crates on the left and head left to open a shortcut back to the original lamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Well I think I need a break from this game. The BSB just keeps on destroying me.

Am I under-levelled for this fight? I'm currently level 39.

I think the BSB will be Bloodborne's version of the Capra Demon from Dark Souls, i.e. the point in the game that I couldn't get past and had to put away the disc in frustration. I've tried co-op, using the
    Pungent Blood Cocktail
    , using the parry system and trying to get in visceral attacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Well I think I need a break from this game. The BSB just keeps on destroying me.

Am I under-levelled for this fight? I'm currently level 39.

I think the BSB will be Bloodborne's version of the Capra Demon from Dark Souls, i.e. the point in the game that I couldn't get past and had to put away the disc in frustration. I've tried co-op, using the
    Pungent Blood Cocktail
    , using the parry system and trying to get in visceral attacks.

Hey man i can hop on now and help you out? I'm level 37. I took him out about level 15 with Alfred the NPC. Do bosses scale with your level?

• Advertisement

I'm stuck again this time on the One Reborn :(

Advertisement