Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Hey man i can hop on now and help you out? I'm level 37. I took him out about level 15 with Alfred the NPC. Do bosses scale with your level?

Just on my way out to the cinema. I'm sure Fast & Furious 7 can take my mind off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

You can avoid that troll if its the one banging on the door. Break the crates on the left and head left to open a shortcut back to the original lamp.

Thanks I will have a look, any idea of how long before I get to the next checkpoint? it takes me over 20 minutes to get to that part

Well I think I need a break from this game. The BSB just keeps on destroying me.

Am I under-levelled for this fight? I'm currently level 39.

I think the BSB will be Bloodborne's version of the Capra Demon from Dark Souls, i.e. the point in the game that I couldn't get past and had to put away the disc in frustration. I've tried co-op, using the
    Pungent Blood Cocktail
    , using the parry system and trying to get in visceral attacks.

Didnt know you could level up... I wonder what level am I!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

The Ebrietas fight is really ruining this game for me. It's just hopelessly unfair at this stage! I go in, fight it and bring it down to half way health and then it starts firing lasers that I manage to avoid, it kills me by rushing me and slapping me with tentacles. I do tiny chip damage to it, while it 2 shots me. Compared to other bosses around this level, this is just not fair...

Worse though, I have to go to the Hunter's Dream (really long load screen) then to the Witch's Den (really long load screen) and grind some blood echoes and buy the blood vials that I need to go try to kill it again, then back to the Hunter's Dream (LOOOAD) and then to try killing that squid again (LOOOOOOOOOOAD). Pointlessly tedious!

Worse yet, I've been trying this evening to summon help, and after spending a point of insight, while waiting I get booted from the network for some bizarre reason, and when it reconnects, I'm still down that point of insight.

I'm a big fan of the Dark Souls brutal but fair punishment system, but I think Bloodborne has some really annoying problems that will limit my desire to replay this game. Not much point anyway, as it's not like there's tonnes of builds to try in this game considering all of the decent Skill weapons are NG+, which is a MORONIC move...

FEEL MY PAIN! I beat most bosses in my first or second attempt with some of the harder ones like BSB, Father G and the Vicar between 5-6 attempts. But Ebrietas.....Oh oh Ebrietas......Took me from 10-15 attempts before i finally killed her, easily the hardest boss in the game. I think one of the hardest things about the fight is her charge attack, which cant be dodged unless you're 5 miles away from her, lol

Equip Kin Slaying runes
    Equip Bolt runes
    Bring some Bonemarrow Ash (The stuff that increases your gun damage)

Stay on the inside of her at all times. If you go to mid range she will charge you, which you can't dodge 98% of the time, and you will lose half your life bar. I had the cannon as my gun so i had 2 shots with that before i ran out of bullets. As the fight went on and she went hyper mode i loaded up the cannon with Bone Ash and let rip with two shots to the face to finish her off.

As for Dex weapons, you can get everything in NG. The Scythe is the only NG+ item

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Bohrio wrote: »
    Thanks I will have a look, any idea of how long before I get to the next checkpoint? it takes me over 20 minutes to get to that part

Didnt know you could level up... I wonder what level am I!

I actually don't have Bloodborne myself but I've been watching a little bit of a Let's Play on youtube. I'd say even if you watched the first vid it would give you a massive help. As someone who has played all of previous games in this series it would be a real shame if you couldn't get into it. There really is nothing more satisfying then when you master the combat and begin to destroy enemies with ease :)

Here's the linky!

Praise the ENB :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Hey man i can hop on now and help you out? I'm level 37. I took him out about level 15 with Alfred the NPC. Do bosses scale with your level?
    I really hope not. If they do, I'll never beat Logarius.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The Ebrietas fight is really ruining this game for me. It's just hopelessly unfair at this stage! I go in, fight it and bring it down to half way health and then it starts firing lasers that I manage to avoid, it kills me by rushing me and slapping me with tentacles. I do tiny chip damage to it, while it 2 shots me. Compared to other bosses around this level, this is just not fair...

Worse yet, I've been trying this evening to summon help

I helped this guy beat her in about 2 minutes flat. She's a lot easier in coop. If you coordinate your attacks, you can stagger her.

Solo is hard. In my opinion, shes the hardest in the game. I mostly cheesed her. Bone ash, followed by Cannon shots. With blood bullets that gives you 4 shots which is a lot. It helps get about half her health down while staying safe.

And well, she is optional. If you are struggling you can skip her and come back later. :)

Not much point anyway, as it's not like there's tonnes of builds to try in this game considering all of the decent Skill weapons are NG+, which is a MORONIC move...

Blade of mercy has S scaling on skill. It can be gotten in the regular game. As can the Rifle spear, rieterpallasch, saw spear and Chikage. All scale with dex. Some also scale with strength and bloodtinge but all are good dex weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

Finally beat the bitch, and now have learned the hard way that she was optional all along!! In the end, I waited about half an hour for anyone to respond to my summons and then went in alone. Wailed on her with my Tonitrus relentlessly, stuck to her like glue and never let her get into range to do that charge attack of death. Near the end, I switched to my Holy Blade and started launching charged R2s at her. Right at the end, I packed my cannon with some bone dust and smacked her in the face with a few of those to finish her.

Where the heck do I go now though?!?!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Bought it. Started it. Died. Got angry. Died. Put it away. Died of shame that this game completely betters me in every way - so damn hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Bought it. Started it. Died. Got angry. Died. Put it away. Died of shame that this game completely betters me in every way - so damn hard!

I went through the exact same thing mate. I had never played one of these games before. After one day I was about to put it on Adverts after a bad session but I said I would sleep on it. I woke up the next day and leveled my character up a bit and went out and destroyed the Cleric Beast and since then I have felt myself get much better.

One of the best games I have played in a long time I'm still pretty bad at it but I'm near the end off it now. When I can't beat someone I get someone to help me co-op makes it much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I keep killing bosses and running into dead ends, no idea where the main story path is

• Advertisement

2 more bosses to go!

Fúcking boulder tossing twats in Nightmare Frontier.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I've had a load of fun today helping guys out here and invading randomers. Making the Vilebloods proud. :P

Again, I probably put more time into my secondary character today but I'm pretty close to the end for my main character I think. I'm just in another optional area now and then I'll get back to the nightmare frontier.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I felt like Whitney Huston in the Bodyguard during some of them fights, but nice one Kevin Costner/Tok.

Maxed out my Ludwig blade it's so powerful now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Plugged the trigger a bit on a whim for PS4 on Wed from Argos with Bloodborne and Last of us. Seemed like the best deal in the UK but not as cheap compared to Ireland.

Took me a while to get into it having not really played the souls game anyway finally just killed that bloody Cleric Beast. Thought I'd be stuck forever!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Question for those close to the end,
    Should I go to Cainhurst or Mensis first?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Finally found the bosses in the woods. Beat the Shadow of Yarnham on 2nd attempt. I fecking love Jolly Co-Operation!

The guy who helped me had an electric mace. Was this a blood gem or paper he used? Also, i have a fire blood gem in my inventory but can't apply it to my kirkhammer, anyone know why?

The guy who helped me had an electric mace. Was this a blood gem or paper he used? Also, i have a fire blood gem in my inventory but can't apply it to my kirkhammer, anyone know why?

The tontris. You can get that later in
    Unseen Village
    . It's "L1" attack simply buffs it with bolt damage for a short period. Very useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Question for those close to the end,
    Should I go to Cainhurst or Mensis first?
    Cainhurst is an optional area, so I'd say go there first. Plus Mensis is a bitch of a place at times.

• Advertisement

I'm on the last boss now. Still have to kill a few more optional bosses and do the chalice dungeons before I fight him. What a game

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Did Cainhurst and Nightmare of Menses last night, thought the Cainhurst boss was great, definitely my favourite so far.

I did some co-op after I did Cainhurst and there were people just rushing the boss and dying instantly who were clearly unfamiliar with the fight. I think there should be a minimum number of attempts someone has at a boss before co-op becomes an option.

Cainhurst is an optional area, so I'd say go there first. Plus Mensis is a bitch of a place at times.

Cainhurst wasn't bad at all. Think the initial freaks had me worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Outside Cainhurst is tough, inside is easy as fak, then the boss is tough. :p I would do Mensis last after all optional content since its the final stretch of the game

On another note i made a new character and started with the Cane and Shotty. I struggled with the Cleric beast :O Cane does pitiful damage. The Saw Cleaver really is easy mode for the start of the game since it does bonus damage to beasts

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Whoever came up with frenzy damage and the Brain Trust hates everyone.

Up to the last boss now (after two very easy ones), just need to tackle the upper cathedral first.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Rom doesn't seem that hard, yet I keep dying with a little of him left to knock off.

Rom is nothing, just a big lump.
    Avoiding all his/her little minions when you go in for hits is the frustration. One hit, you get staggered and then slaughtered by 20 grotesque spiders.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Grayditch wrote: »
    Rom doesn't seem that hard, yet I keep dying with a little of him left to knock off.

If you need a hand let me know.

It was always the meteors that reck my head. If one of the first one hits you, you're screwed I found.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Just beat 2nd boss on my second try. Love this game, tough but rewarding. Taking it pretty slow but it feels good to progress to progress to the next area if the level. Feels like you've earned it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

6-7 hours in now and loving it so far. The level design is fantastic.

Advertisement