Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Blood Thirsty beast or some yolk just died there. Took me 3 times, but down to little feck ups, not due to it being hard.

I am lost where to go next though...

And is it me, or Guns are pretty much useless? I just pretty much in "hander axe mode 24/7 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Blood Thirsty beast or some yolk just died there. Took me 3 times, but down to little feck ups, not due to it being hard.

I am lost where to go next though...

And is it me, or Guns are pretty much useless? I just pretty much in "hander axe mode 24/7 now.

I think the guns function like the shield parry in previous games, you can stun enemies and then do a big damage attack, I'm not certain though.

I think the guns function like the shield parry in previous games, you can stun enemies and then do a big damage attack, I'm not certain though.

Would love to know how you do this parry stub thing and how you pull off that big attack. I think I sow it in some video.

lads, any tips where next after killing beast? I got that 10k key from shop too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Would love to know how you do this parry stub thing and how you pull off that big attack. I think I sow it in some video.

lads, any tips where next after killing beast? I got that 10k key from shop too.

Go back to
    Cathedral Ward. There's a gate the key can be used on.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Head to cathederal ward. There's a big gate you can open with that key. Keep going up those steps for the next boss.....good luck!

There's a few optional extra places you can go in cathederal ward as well so explore around.

I'm in Brygnworth. That hunter is deadly, couldn't talk to old guy in the wheel chair as i was running for my life. Fell off the edge, now I'm fighting Rom. Jaysus this game is stressful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Instead of finding all the bellringers in the Unseen Village, I just ran the whole level and opened all the doors, collected everything I could see and got the lift working. I'll deal with it tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Stuck on
    Rom
    . What a c00nt!! I'm wasting like 3 blood vials at a time because of that
    poxy ice attack. The spiders are easy but I'm finding it hard sweeping them away while trying to dodge Rom's attacks

(P.S I beat
    shadow of Yharnam
    1st time and it felt damn good :P)

Is it me, or all Hunters with shotguns are assholes!

Summoned a guy for Rom. He went around killing enemies instead of following me through the shortcut. got himself killed right quick. Noooooob! Waste of insight.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Shoot your gun as they're about to attack. The timing differs by enemy (and mostly human-like ones are most easily affected), but if it's right you'll hear a little ding and they'll fall on their knees. Quickly get in close and standard Attack for a visceral. Be aware not every attack can be interrupted.

Alternatively if by luck you can get up behind an enemy hit them with a charge Attack before they turn around. If you manage it you can also dive in for a quick backstab visceral.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

The Chalice dungeons are so good guys.

It's only now that I'm realising there is stuff in them I can't get in the main game and beating bosses etc let's you buy their armour in the messenger baths.

Definitely worth playing some before NG+.

tok9 wrote: »

It's only now that I'm realising there is stuff in them I can't get in the main game and beating bosses etc let's you buy their armour in the messenger baths.

I got that yolk, but where is the altar to use it on?

I got that yolk, but where is the altar to use it on?

All the tombstones to the left of you when you spawn in Hunter's Dream bar the first one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

What's the difference between root and standard?

I'm still trying to figure out to be honest. At first I thought they were all completely random but I don't think that's the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I'm still trying to figure out to be honest. At first I thought they were all completely random but I don't think that's the case.

I've done two and they've both had same first layer and boss

I think reddit has a guide so I'll take a look

Edit: the root ones are the random dungeons

Just tackling the final boss (Rom in this case) on the Lower Pthumerian Labyrinth one. It's depth 3 so it's already after getting tough.

Edit: Or not, there is a 4th layer!

Also got the lower root chalice from beating Rom

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

This game!

I've been stuck on the BSB for days. I know I've mentioned in this thread several times (and have had a few offers of help). Well today I finally beat it. The feeling of both relief and accomplishment is immense. So few games can really offer that. Its just a shame for me that frustration is too often the overriding feeling.

In the end I beat it without using any particular tactic. Didn't bother with co-op or using the
    Pungent Blood Cocktail
    either. It was just being patient, dodging and using plenty of antidote. Funnily enough I was also talking with my wife at the time so I wasn't actually concentrating that intensely, at the start at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Fought one boss and could buy its armour from the Insight bath, its a very Dark Souls inspired set of armour, very cool

Completed that dungeon now and got the Defiled Chalice.

• Advertisement

Anyone around levelled 30-50 and can help out with rom?

sheehy83 wrote: »

I'm 59 now I think on the secondary.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'm too high. Sorry.

Ah feck had him down to a sliver of health solo only 2 transports. Il get the gowl.

Just beat the 2 bosses in the Upper Cathedral and got another Chalice from the final boss but I don't think I'll be able to tackle it as I've hardly any of the ritual blood so far.

Might be time to head back to the nightmare frontier.

AOE seems to be one shotting me all of a sudden with a full health bar. 6 insights later with only 2 people showing up, both get killed killed by the hunter. F×ck this f×cking game! ....just for tonight anyway. ...

Seriously, insight should only be taken off you if someone actually shows up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

AOS seems to be one shotting me all of a sudden with a full health bar. 6 insights later with only 2 people showing up, both get killed killed by the hunter. F×ck this f×cking game! ....just for tonight anyway. ...

Seriously, insight should only be taken off you if someone actually shows up.

I feel for you. Rom had my number for 3 days this week. Even thought of giving up at one stage.
    I had 3 co-ops all die on me. I eventually got it by reaching a zen state and slowly carving up the small spiders while dodging the projectiles.

Sleep on it and you'll get it tomorrow!

Taking a breather but will be back on shortly, i wont be able to sleep! Shout out to whoever posted about the 2 minute run from central yarnham lamp to cleric beast lamp for 8 health vials. Making the struggle that much more bearable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Taking a breather but will be back on shortly, i wont be able to sleep! Shout out to whoever posted about the 2 minute run from central yarnham lamp to cleric beast lamp for 8 health vials. Making the struggle that much more bearable.

You can get an easy 10,000 "souls" clearing the enemies from the Forbidden Woods lamp into the little village. That should be enough for nearly 20 vials from the messengers shop.

• Advertisement

Is there a 2nd lamp on the woods? I only have 1 lamp and 2 elevator shortcuts. Hate them woods anyway, will stick to central yarnham, sound man.

Advertisement