Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

They didn't seem to be. The beasts and wolves on the way were as aggressive as before.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

cloud493 wrote:
    Wow. Blood starved beast was piss easy.

12 hr trick!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

sweetie wrote: »
    12 hr trick!!

Yes :p

I wouldn't usually glitch through a game like that (honest) but I'd stuck on that bloody boss since tuesday, and it was so frustrating it was pissing me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

You haven't beaten the game until you go back and fight it legit Cloud :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Have beaten every boss up to Rom without summoning or leaving the game on for half the day!! Grow a pair you lot! (or just level up and come back)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

So here I am, come to a new boss, want to get it out of the way quickly without too many attempts. Sure I'll give summoning a go for the first time.

Bloodborne; "Not today you little punk!"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Back to the dungeons for me and the defilement one looks like it may have my number.

You only have half your health so you already have to be on top guard. I'm on to the second boss now (Watchdog in this case) and most of his attacks can one hit kill me and I'm doing very little damage to him!

Been a while since I've thought to myself I might have to level up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Anybody in a position to give a hand with Ebritas? On level 73, don't want to finish up until I've cleared her but much pain involved :(

Anybody in a position to give a hand with Ebritas? On level 73, don't want to finish up until I've cleared her but much pain involved :(

I'm 61 or something, I'll help out come the morning if you'll return favour :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'm 61 or something, I'll help out come the morning if you'll return favour :p

Great, sounds like a plan! Will be on for around an hour at 10.30 if that suits?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The Pthumerian Elder in the Lower Hintertomb dungeon is a proper bastard.

Hits like a truck, has a crossbow and ranged fire attacks, can turn invisible and teleport around the arena. I mean come on....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Finally got stuck into this over the weekend. Its a big change from DS2 since the game has an emphasis on attacking. It was a big change for myself with me being very shield happy in DS2 and also being crap at the game.

Played about 3hrs so far. I've beaten the Graveyard Hunter dude but seemned to have missed the Cleric Beast?? Not sure where you find it.

Currently not really sure what the story is with weapons. Are they just very rare or do i just keep upgrading my Axe??

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Finally got stuck into this over the weekend. Its a big change from DS2 since the game has an emphasis on attacking. It was a big change for myself with me being very shield happy in DS2 and also being crap at the game.

Played about 3hrs so far. I've beaten the Graveyard Hunter dude but seemned to have missed the Cleric Beast?? Not sure where you find it.

Currently not really sure what the story is with weapons. Are they just very rare or do i just keep upgrading my Axe??

They're fairly rare I've found, I'm at the endgame and I've like 6

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Mr Blobby wrote: »

Yeah you missed the cleric beast. He's on the big bridge near some werewolves.

Weapons are more rare but you can find the saw spear early on in the game in the basement leading to the sewers and an item in the sewers themselves that lets you buy the two starter weapons you didn't choose....sort of like pokemon. :p You can also find the flamethrower from an NPC in a window early on too.

Armour works differently too. As you progress you don't get better armour.....just different armour. Different sets will have resistances in one area, and weaknesses in the other.

Personlly, the black church set(apart from the hat) is the best in my opinion and I wore it for nearly the entire game as it gives good all round resistances to everything except frenzy.....and you can just switch to the Ashen set for the Frenzy sections.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Kirby wrote: »
    Personlly, the black church set(apart from the hat) is the best in my opinion and I wore it for nearly the entire game as it gives good all round resistances to everything except frenzy.....and you can just switch to the Ashen set for the Frenzy sections.

But but the Church set looks terrible, what about Fashion souls... :pac:

So I somehow missed Ebrietas on my first playthrough but took her down in NG+ last night, I had to get her chalice to progress to the last dungeons. Not going to lie she was tough and took multiple attempts and even with 40 VIT everything she done was a one shot!

Also
    Mergo's Wet Nurse
    was very very different for me this time, she must have bugged out first time around (possibly memory leak issue) as she didn't do anything bar slowly walk around the room after me flailing her arms. I got quite the shock when she started
    cloning herself
    ! :eek:

Again, just going to emphasise that players should do some of the chalice dungeons as they get them or before starting NG+.

All the depth 2-3 can be done as you get them. I've just had to go back to get another chalice from one of the dungeons and at the moment I'm way over levelled.

Also, for such a huge game, it's not the most difficult to get a platinum for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah might go back to them, Rom is kicking my ass repeatedly. Nice to mix things up while levelling up a bit as well.

I didn't understand what I was doing for ages in the Dungeons, I kept getting the same fecking dungeon repeatedly with no way of getting a new one :o

Eventually figured it out :o Enjoying them now, spent a few hours yesterday clearing them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

What does the gun guy in old yarnham drop. I managed to force him off the edge and the glowing item is suspended in mid air and cant get to it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    What does the gun guy in old yarnham drop. I managed to force him off the edge and the glowing item is suspended in mid air and cant get to it

It'll be there up to pick up when you reload. You can even exit and reload when you're up there.

• Advertisement

Thanks to Digital Solitude for the helping hand with Ebrietas, still not an easy fight with two! But can finally progress to the last boss after a few final bits of NG wrap-up.

Decided to do a bit of invading in the Frontier. Felt really bad when I found my target and accidentally went in for the first hit while he offered a friendly pre-duel bow :( I deserved to lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

DeSelby83 wrote: »

Exact same thing happened to me. It was stuck in mid-air next to the wooden walkway.

I just reloaded into the area and the drop was spawned back up on top of the tower where he fell off.

It's a badge for his gear and weapons so I doubt it disappears entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Exact same thing happened to me. It was stuck in mid-air next to the wooden walkway.

I just reloaded into the area and the drop was spawned back up on top of the tower where he fell off.

It's a badge for his gear and weapons so I doubt it disappears entirely.

HE died stupidly for me too... It on that ladder down the tower, that you cant use... He actually droped proper gear too? Feck.

I sort of was happy to see that asshole to drop to his death. Shotgun Hunters are really hard to kill.

So my understanding of the dungeons is the standard ones are essentially the "story" dungeons. Completing a standard one unlocks the root dungeon etc which are the random ones which will have different layouts,loot and bosses.

Edit: Ah.. and now I see what the first tombstone to the left is for.
    You can quick search a dungeon, co op or invade other players in dungeons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

tok9 wrote: »
    So my understanding of the dungeons is the standard ones are essentially the "story" dungeons. Completing a standard one unlocks the root dungeon etc which are the random ones which will have different layouts,loot and bosses.

Yep. The standard ones are premade dungeons that give the next depth of dungeon for that chalice type and also the root dungeons for that difficulty but the root dungeons are really not worth doing until depth 5 as they aren't needed for progression. Root have randomized layout, bosses and drops!

Also I think it's like Pthumera roots for the radial gems, Loran for the Crescent gems and Isz for the Triangle type ones and then the modifiers increase enemy damage and half your hp etc. but make the drops better!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

HE died stupidly for me too... It on that ladder down the tower, that you cant use... He actually droped proper gear too? Feck.

I sort of was happy to see that asshole to drop to his death. Shotgun Hunters are really hard to kill.

No he just drops the badge to unlock the gear for sale.

His two weapons can be purchased in the normal shop but his gear has to be purchased with insight. It's alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Ahh, Kos, or some say Kosm...

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

I tried the dungeons I'm way over-powered for the first one can take the bosses down in a few hits and then I got to the third floor and got lost! ha

I can finish the game up now as I'm on the last boss but a part of me wants to clear it again with a different kind of character.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Ludwig's Holy Blade is real nice at +8.

• Advertisement

Ahh, Kos, or some say Kosm...

**** this

Advertisement