Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

What level were you guys when you finished the game? I'm 65, and judging from some people online that's very low. I even seen someone on Gamefaqs who was 'only level 82'

65 does sound a little low. I'm pretty sure I was around the 80 mark myself too.

I'm 106 now and I've 2 dungeons on the go and both are really difficult after beating all the easier depths.

I must beat the Watchdog in the Defiled Dungeon which is ridiculously tough as he can 1 hit kill me and in the other (lower Loran) I must kill the Darkbeast who I'm not really damaging a whole pile.

In NG+, I've beaten the first two bosses and I'm clearly a bit over-levelled for them I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Can anyone help us out with last boss?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

tok9 wrote: »
    65 does sound a little low. I'm pretty sure I was around the 80 mark myself too.

I'm 106 now and I've 2 dungeons on the go and both are really difficult after beating all the easier depths.

I must beat the Watchdog in the Defiled Dungeon which is ridiculously tough as he can 1 hit kill me and in the other (lower Loran) I must kill the Darkbeast who I'm not really damaging a whole pile.

In NG+, I've beaten the first two bosses and I'm clearly a bit over-levelled for them I would say.

No wonder I was finding so many of the mobs to be horse**** for the damaging inflicted to and from.

Yeah I was chaining viscerals on Gascoigne, 12 later he still had about 15% health left. Did a double swing with his axe and bam. Nearly fvcked the controller through the screen.

In the Dungeons now, I'm assuming Depth 3 should be above my head? I'm really struggling with the mobs, got lucky with bosses in that I've been able to parry them all in the depth 2 and 3 dungeons

I think you should be fine for depth 3. What level are you now?

Depth 4 to 5 get really tough with some really cool bosses too. You also get some crazy amount if souls. I've easily picked up 200k going through a layer on those depths.

Depth 4 to 5 get really tough with some really cool bosses too. You also get some crazy amount if souls. I've easily picked up 200k going through a layer on those depths.

65 :p Finished at 63 actually

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not gotten to play as much of this game as I've wanted to but beat Amelia there on my second try. Saw her do her heal thing and I went crazy, how dare she try and heal herself! Got a molotov to the face every time she tried it. It wasn't the prettiest fight but out of 20 healing vials I came out with 1 spare by the end :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Damn straight
    Just killed the Phalanx!...
    Bugger
    Might be playing Demon's Souls by accident...
    I'm still cool, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Damn straight
    Just killed the Phalanx!...
    Bugger
    Might be playing Demon's Souls by accident...
    I'm still cool, right?

Umbasa!

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

Cleared it.

What a game it is. I might sell it and buy Dark Souls 2 with the money as I never played any of them before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Jesus, the dungeons get seriously punishing.

Just encountered Rom and his buddies in a boss battle down there, in a much smaller arena. I was demolished in a matter of seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,399 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Burkie7 wrote: »
    Cleared it.

What a game it is. I might sell it and buy Dark Souls 2 with the money as I never played any of them before.

Dark Souls 1!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Got Scholar of the First Sin on steam last night. It's horrible going back to this game after playing that and having 1 second load times with my SSD.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The joy of beating Rom was like no other. I was wondering around Halogean (sp) place, mostly running, picking up treasure and I found the Tonitrus on a corpse. The electricity attack with a Fire rune I placed on the weapon definitely helped with Rom. Absolutely drained after that fight. I'm sure things get easier.....riiiiiiiight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

sheehy83 wrote: »
    The joy of beating Rom was like no other. I was wondering around Halogean (sp) place, mostly running, picking up treasure and I found the Tonitrus on a corpse. The electricity attack with a Fire rune I placed on the weapon definitely helped with Rom. Absolutely drained after that fight. I'm sure things get easier.....riiiiiiiight?

You did the right thing getting that first as the lamp for there turns off after you beat rom

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

You did the right thing getting that first as the lamp for there turns off after you beat rom

Aw finally a bit of luck so! I was about give up on that place on my next death as it was clear I was under levelled for it. I'm 42 at moment with 29 strength, trying to get it to 30 to use the canon, hope it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Well done. I found that the hardest part of the game (not done the dungeons yet though). The bosses get easier in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Got Scholar of the First Sin on steam last night. It's horrible going back to this game after playing that and having 1 second load times with my SSD.

Better optimised game, hopefully they can patch out the bulk of the load in bloodborne. Side note, SSD's have a very marginal effect on game load times.

Fair play, I imagine the last fight or two must have been pretty tough at that level.

You'll definitely need to level up now anyway to tackle the dungeons.

bugs wrote: »
    Better optimised game, hopefully they can patch out the bulk of the load in bloodborne. Side note, SSD's have a very marginal effect on game load times.

Maybe on console but boot times and load times on my PC are ridiculous at the moment. Mostly likely on consoles there's a lot more disc streaming and decompression which is not dependant on the disk drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I met my 4th boss last night... I was not in Form, so only got "her" to half HP on first try, but I can already say its going to be a bitch of a fight! :pac:

I still cant get a decent replacement for my Axe weapon... Its just so good in one hander and 2 hander forms. I like a bit the Hammer and 2hander sword thing, but one hander versions just suck. I always come back to my trusty Axe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Maybe on console but boot times and load times on my PC are ridiculous at the moment. Mostly likely on consoles there's a lot more disc streaming and decompression which is not dependant on the disk drive.

I was referring to PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

This guy invaded me. Nobody expects the cannon inquisition! :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Aw finally a bit of luck so! I was about give up on that place on my next death as it was clear I was under levelled for it. I'm 42 at moment with 29 strength, trying to get it to 30 to use the canon, hope it's worth it.

It's not.
    Sorry I levelled up specifically to use it.
    Should have spread out my levelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Haven't had the best of chances to get into this yet, but off tomorrow & Thursday.

At my most recent play, I'd gotten rid of BSB, and killed 3 bosses in the Pthumera (?) dungeon.
    I'd also gotten a Root Chalice & Central chalice.

I'm about Lvl 39. Should I be carrying on in the dungeons, or heading to that area with a load of giants (and those horrible lads that bring you to the Unseen Village when they grab you)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

How do you know somebody has a gaming PC? Because they bring it up at every opportunity :p

Seriously though, much prefer Bloodborne in its current state to a perfectly optimised PC version of DS2. A perfectly optimised Bloodborne would be nice, but a world of difference between the two games - there's just that extra layer of care and creativity to Bloodborne's world, apparent as soon as you step out into Yarnham.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

F1ngers wrote: »
    It's not.
    Sorry I levelled up specifically to use it.
    Should have spread out my levelling.

One shotting people in pvp and taking a third of a bosses hp with a single shot is totally worth it.

Not showing off or anything and there's no doubt Bloodborne is the much better designed game but the fast load times really help the playability of the game where I can only give Bloodborne an hour or two before getting so annoyed with the load times I give up on it while DS2 on my current rig is lot better where I'm straight back into it after a death. That of course might be tempered by the fact that I'm a hell of a lot better at DS2 since I'm familiar with it.

Fair play, I imagine the last fight or two must have been pretty tough at that level.

You'll definitely need to level up now anyway to tackle the dungeons.

The One Reborn and Ebritas were the only bosses I struggled with

The Wet Nurse decimated me the first time, but she went down pretty easily on round two. I bowed out in the finale if you get me

• Advertisement

The One Reborn and Ebritas were the only bosses I struggled with

The Wet Nurse decimated me the first time, but she went down pretty easily on round two. I bowed out in the finale if you get me

Ah I see. I get you. ;)

Maybe I was over-levelled as I didn't have much issue with the 2 bosses you mentioned although a good few of people seem to mention Ebritas as a really tough one.

Martyr Longinus was the toughest boss in the game for me but there was also some really cool boss fights. I may go into again a little more under-levelled in NG+.

Advertisement