Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Well
    Gehrman
    is down - gave me some hassle last night but only took one or two tries today. Visceral Attack HP restore rune is very handy for the fight.

Had to run before trying the
    Moon Presence
    for a second time, but seems manageable. The end is nigh!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I helped this guy kill Mergo's wet nurse. His buddy with the arcane build throwing lightning wasn't much help and died about 30 seconds into the fight...... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Burkie7

NG+ is a different kettle of fish!

I'm level 90 but it took so many hits, oil urn, molotov cocktails and fire paper just to take down Cleric Beast!

I killed him on my first go but I can only imagine how the rest of the boss fights will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Burkie7 wrote: »
    NG+ is a different kettle of fish!

I'm level 90 but it took so many hits, oil urn, molotov cocktails and fire paper just to take down Cleric Beast!

I killed him on my first go but I can only imagine how the rest of the boss fights will be.

I've found it easy going. I pretty much speed ran all the bosses to get up to Ebrietas to get her chalice as I missed it the first time and while she took a few tries everything else went down first time due to knowing all the fights! The bosses have massive HP and resists on NG+ but once you know the fights they are all very manageable!

The Depth 5 chalice bosses are a different story however especially with the cursed modifier when you have half HP!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Supposedly the Depth 5 dungeons are comparable to NG+2 or +3, which would mean 28-30% buffs compared to your first run judging by the previousSouls ganes

• Advertisement

Beat
    Gehrman ......and then the Moon Presence optional boss appeared.

My co-op partner died during the fight but I managed to take it down anyway. Towards the end of the fight when it
    disabled healing, you can see me try to heal loads of times and even use a flask from my inventory. In the end I just went for it. The ending follows but I have no clue what its about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Supposedly the Depth 5 dungeons are comparable to NG+2 or +3, which would mean 28-30% buffs compared to your first run judging by the previousSouls ganes

They are very intense. It's literally one mistake and you're dead for a lot of them. They're the hardest content the souls series has had to date!

I'm in the process of running the depth 5 roots now using my own mats trying to get a good find but Reddit has a spreadsheet with codes for all the best dungeons with the lost weapons and best runes so will get stuck into them next!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Ok, this game never ceases to amaze me, scenics are fantastic, the story behind very dark and puzzling and it seems it is never going to end.

Getting the hang of it slowly, considering I have only been playing since friday (I think) and how much I have learned since.

I have to say I was very close to putting it away for a moment but I am a stubborn kind of guy.

Still dont know what I am doing or what I am suppose to do but that's probably the best bit, I am just going along where the story takes me. Level 50 at the moment (finally found out how to level up) and learining more new things as I go along.

One thing I discovered today was, right before the fight with Amelia I decided to ring the beckoning bell just wondering if I could summon Alfred again for a bit of help, it didnt work, but like after 30 seconds all of the sudden a guy showed up to help, and within 30 seconds she was gone!

Pretty handy thing that you can summon other players, I wonder how the system works, I need to investigate further!

Loving that ludwig sword as well, can't wait to find more new weapons!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Bohrio wrote: »
    Ok, this game never ceases to amaze me, scenics are fantastic, the story behind very dark and puzzling and it seems it is never going to end.

Getting the hang of it slowly, considering I have only been playing since friday (I think) and how much I have learned since.

I have to say I was very close to putting it away for a moment but I am a stubborn kind of guy.

Still down know what I am doing or what I am suppose to do but that's probably the best bit, I am just going along where the story takes me. Level 50 at the moment (finally found out how to level up) and learining more new things as I go along.

One thing I discovered today was, right before the fight with Amelia I decided to ring the beckoning bell just wondering if I could summon Alfred again for a bit of help, it didnt work, but like after 30 seconds all of the sudden a guy showed up to help, and within 30 seconds she was gone!

Pretty handy thing that you can summon other players, I wonder how the system works, I need to investigate further!

Loving that ludwig sword as well, can't wait to find more new weapons!

Glad you persevered and realised what makes these games so good, you'll have to pick up all the other souls games when you're done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Glad you persevered and realised what makes these games so good, you'll have to pick up all the other souls games when you're done.

Ohhh didnt think of that Mick!

Damn, my wife is gonna hate you for that ;)

• Advertisement

Might start an SL4 run when I get home actually (there is no SL1)

One of the popular streamers on twitch(Destiny) decided to not level Vitality at all on his very first playthrough. Everything one or two shots him. Everything. He can't parry either.

It's so painful to watch. He's died about 300 times. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I need to give the Chalice Dungeons a good rattle this week. Need to beat the final boss and get the Beast Claws to get the Plat.

Good chat about the dungeons in GT:

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/3hea9f/bloodborne-bloodborne--chalice-dungeons

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Just beat Darkbeast Paarl and Rom in the space of 15 minutes, 1st go each :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

Bohrio wrote: »
    Ohhh didnt think of that Mick!

Damn, my wife is gonna hate you for that ;)

it really is a steep learning curve and FROM SOFTWARE dont hold your hands.

Having said that people are stubborn..died 20 times with 1 hit from the cleric...summon help.Nothing wrong with it and it is a feature of the game.

I generally play my first through without guides etc and then on my 2nd I would generally try and get all the loot using walkthroughs etc.

But there's always a nagging doubt that there's areas ive missed because of the brilliant level design.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I need to give the Chalice Dungeons a good rattle this week. Need to beat the final boss and get the Beast Claws to get the Plat.

Good chat about the dungeons in GT:

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/3hea9f/bloodborne-bloodborne--chalice-dungeons

I already picked up the Beast Claws.. trying to remember where now but I think it'll be a while before I beat the whatever the final dungeon is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Finally beat
    Martyr Logarius
    after, like, 10 attempts. My god. I found the best strategy for me was
    to just stay up into his face but also dodging out of the way of certain magic attacks, which I had to learn when he would do.
    Definitely my biggest triumph in the game so far, ahead of
    Rom
    - he was a nightmare

So I made it to
    Yahar'Gul, Unseen Village
    . Only one word for that place: NOPE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

That
    god damn beggar killed all the people in cathedral ward. I put him down but not before he turned into some sort of lightening beast

That
    god damn beggar killed all the people in cathedral ward. I put him down but not before he turned into some sort of lightening beast
    Did you kill the lady at the clinic before Rom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Kirby wrote: »
    Did you kill the lady at the clinic before Rom?

Clinic?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Nightmare Slain

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Haha glad i didn't tell him about the church, he looked so dodgy surrounded by all the bodies. I found your wan in the clinic but turned and ran, she was too powerful for me. Then humans give me more trouble than the bosses. Can't beat that guy in the cathedral connected with the hunter lady.

Since beating Rom, I've beaten The One Reborn and Amygdala. Not sure where to head now. Might head to cainhurst castle.

Have to say, my drive to keep going is diminishing. The combat mechanics are brilliant but im finding myself not bothered about what's next, unlike DKS 1 and 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Had 12 insight sucked out of my head in Upper Cathedral Ward. I'm just not good at fighting those freaks.

Selling all the beginning armour to buy the Yarnham Hunter set and I accidentally some all my blood vials, thinking I was buying them :( Only got 3 back

Anybody else notice a number of 'frame stuttering' moments? The most obvious one I encountered (since it was on my resource farming trail) is at the trio of fire near the start of Forbidden Woods - when you approach the audio tends to distort for maybe half a second. Noticed it in one or two other spots, just a weird little glitch.

Noticed as well that occasionally after picking up an item my character would do a little bow? Seemed random, although was trying to figure out if it had anything to do with inventory stock.

Also, do the
    Death Dealers
    just go away once you've finished the Unseen Village?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Also, do the
    Death Dealers
    just go away once you've finished the Unseen Village?
    They all disappear when you kill Rom.

My framerate stutters a bit and I even get a tear in the sound. Sometimes the bow or another gesture is done by accident with the controls, I can't figure out how I so it. I think holding X and pressing up, or something.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I think you guys might break the
    spoiler tag machine
    at this rate

Grayditch wrote: »
    I can't figure out how I so it. I think holding X and pressing up, or something.

It could be X and a controller tilt? I know that's what the gesture menu seems to suggest.

It could be X and a controller tilt? I know that's what the gesture menu seems to suggest.

That works for me anyways, just tried it. I was getting loads of audio distortion throughout the game, just for split seconds. Old Yarnham in particular was bad

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I think you guys might break the
    spoiler tag machine
    at this rate

Yeah I think we can forgo the spoilers at this rate. The same regulars are posting and we all know the deal at this stage. I mean, all we are really spoiling is names....and that's a bit pointless. Spoilering Secrets makes sense but knowing a bosses name is not much of a spoiler tbh.

Advertisement