Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Yup.. definitely too high a level. I've just skipped the BSB and went straight to Vicar and battered her... wanted to get to the Darkbeast but can't find any of the bag men.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Kirby wrote: »
    Yeah I think we can forgo the spoilers at this rate. The same regulars are posting and we all know the deal at this stage. I mean, all we are really spoiling is names....and that's a bit pointless. Spoilering Secrets makes sense but knowing a bosses name is not much of a spoiler tbh.

I feel pretty stupid myself, covering up boss names. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I beat the Shadows of Yarhman tonight in the Forbidden Woods, which allowed me to get to Byrgenwerth. Just spent a few minutes there before I had to go out. It seems like a harder place to survive than the Forbidden Woods. Those brain sucking creatures are tough.

Is Bygrenwerth the only location I have available to me now? Also I'm level 60 am I over/under levelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I beat the Shadows of Yarhman tonight in the Forbidden Woods, which allowed me to get to Byrgenwerth. Just spent a few minutes there before I had to go out. It seems like a harder place to survive than the Forbidden Woods. Those brain sucking creatures are tough.

Is Bygrenwerth the only location I have available to me now? Also I'm level 60 am I over/under levelled?

Pretty standard I'd say. Byrgenwrth is a very short area. Head into the castle, and ignore the hunter and climb until you receive a key. The key is for the door on the second floor

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yupp don't mind that hunter, pain in the balls and no good loot From him. I was level 42 at that point. The next boss is not fun but 'don't give up'

• Advertisement

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Yupp don't mind that hunter, pain in the balls and no good loot From him. I was level 42 at that point. The next boss is not fun but 'don't give up'

I went back and spammed him off a cliff. Bastard with his whip.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Djura (machine gun hunter) spoiler
    If you enter Old Yharnam from the Darkbeast Paarl shortcut, you can talk to him and he won't attack you!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Can someone explain 'softcap and hardcap' please?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Final boss (I think?) is wrecking my head.

Can someone explain 'softcap and hardcap' please?

I'm making up numbers for clarity here.

Say if every point of vitality gave you 50 health, until you reached level 20 in Vitality.

After level 20, Vitality only gives you 30 health for every point until you reach level 50.

When you reach level 50, Vitality only gives you 10 points per level.

In this case, Level 20 would be your Vitality Soft Cap, and Level 50 would be your Vitality hard cap

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Gave the first two chalice dungeons a go there. Very easy at my current level, but looking forward to giving the higher ones a whirl. Already seems like some of the bosses could be a nightmare when they start hitting harder!

Also, if you're in the mid game and struggling, the chalice dungeons are an amazing source for basic resources and a few nice extras too! Also big boost to insight levels too. I'm expecting some serious loot in the later depths.
    J. Marston wrote: »
    Final boss (I think?) is wrecking my head.

The First Hunter? Are you using the visceral Attack HP restore rune? Will give you that extra bit of support if you need it. Visceral attacks are the way to go in that fight, although you do also need to be brave and jump right in there sometimes, especially when he uses swords. He can also be cornered, so if you push him against a wall you should be able to hit him with a good few attacks before you need to hop away and recover stamina.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

I'm making up numbers for clarity here.

Say if every point of vitality gave you 50 health, until you reached level 20 in Vitality.

After level 20, Vitality only gives you 30 health for every point until you reach level 50.

When you reach level 50, Vitality only gives you 10 points per level.

In this case, Level 20 would be your Vitality Soft Cap, and Level 50 would be your Vitality hard cap

so not much point leveling past 50 then

so not much point leveling past 50 then

Those are the levels for an individual stat, not your characters level.

And I pulled those numbers from my ass, I don't know where the soft caps are

ShaneU wrote: »
    Djura (machine gun hunter) spoiler
    If you enter Old Yharnam from the Darkbeast Paarl shortcut, you can talk to him and he won't attack you!

Ya I just did that.

Had an absolutely awesome night in terms of progress. In NG+ I went off a beat Vicar, BSB and the Darkbeast along with helping out one of the NPCs and talking to the other in Old Yarnham.

So I got myself up to level 114 and I beat the Darkbeast again in Lower Loran so completed that Dungeon and then I went off and managed to beat the Watchdog in the Defiled dungeon. Was absolutely delighted with that one as I said it'd be my last game of the night and I only had 11 vials. Video incoming!

Anyone have an early game character, level 14 MAX anywhere near Vicar Amelia? I can dish out enough damage just can't compete with the healing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Finished it, excellent game. I haven't played Demon's Souls but if I were to rank them, it would probably be....

1. Dark Souls
    2. Bloodborne

3. Dark Souls 2 (Still a fine game, just not up there with the other two, in my opinion)

Ending thoughts/discussion.....
    Apparently there's three endings and I got the "Childhood beginnings" ending. The one where you beat the Moon Presence after Gehrman. I'm used to sparse, somewhat abrupt endings after playing DS1 & 2 but this seemed a little weird.

After the final boss a cutscene plays of the Doll picking up a big slug-like creature and saying: "Are you cold? Ah, good hunter." Then the credits rolled.

What?

Anyway, I won't let a slightly disappointing ending overshadow an otherwise amazing game. I'm diving straight into NG+ and will get a different ending this time.

Nightmare Mensis.....WTF

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

In disappointed at the premium charged for the limited editions of the game.
    I was looking at the limited editions I have for both Demon's Souls and Dark Souls and both cost me the same as the regular versions, not sure about Dark Souls 2, that's just the normal release.
    But the two limited ones are fantastic.
    Must watch our for the other two at a reasonable price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

tok9 wrote: »
    I love this song so much.

-snip-

Fantastic stuff alright. That song in combination with the flower garden, the pale moon hanging low in the sky and the house ablaze, in stark contrast to the dance of death that is unfolding makes for a truly beautiful sight to behold. I think the Gwyn/O&S fight has been surpassed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

tok9 wrote: »
    Ya I just did that.

Had an absolutely awesome night in terms of progress. In NG+ I went off a beat Vicar, BSB and the Darkbeast along with helping out one of the NPCs and talking to the other in Old Yarnham.

So I got myself up to level 114 and I beat the Darkbeast again in Lower Loran so completed that Dungeon and then I went off and managed to beat the Watchdog in the Defiled dungeon. Was absolutely delighted with that one as I said it'd be my last game of the night and I only had 11 vials. Video incoming!

What level is your vitality at? It looks so low.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Depth 3 Undead Giant is the hardest enemy I've come across so far, an absolute tank where there are incredibly narrow attack windows and some unpredictable move sets (his slam attack can happen anywhere from once to five or six times in a row). A real matter of patience. I hope I don't end up with the permutation where it ends up in a smaller room!!!

What level is your vitality at? It looks so low.

It's high but I'm in the defiled Chalice which halves your health.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,645 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

it really is a steep learning curve and FROM SOFTWARE dont hold your hands.

Having said that people are stubborn..died 20 times with 1 hit from the cleric...summon help.Nothing wrong with it and it is a feature of the game.

I generally play my first through without guides etc and then on my 2nd I would generally try and get all the loot using walkthroughs etc.

But there's always a nagging doubt that there's areas ive missed because of the brilliant level design.
    Am I the only one who thinks that is the opposite of brilliant level design? The only reason I haven't missed significant chunks is because I've been in party chat with people who are miles ahead of me. I know its what they're going for etc. but imo the game needs more direction, some people I'm playing with have actually missed parts it won't allow them to try now until they start a new game.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Did the Upper Cathedral Ward last night, Ebrietas is definitely the most challenging boss so far but still not overly difficult. Took me over an hour of attempts solo though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

AdamD wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks that is the opposite of brilliant level design? The only reason I haven't missed significant chunks is because I've been in party chat with people who are miles ahead of me. I know its what they're going for etc. but imo the game needs more direction, some people I'm playing with have actually missed parts it won't allow them to try now until they start a new game.

I missed the crow hunter part as I didn't know I had to go back to temple of odeon to help her.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

AdamD wrote: »

It's From Software - that's how they've always done it.

From Playstation Europe twitter
    Fan of Bloodborne? Get a free theme for your PS4 if you're a PS Plus member. Just go to store and install.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Any of you kind souls fancy helping me with the blood starved beast?

That part is starting to drive me nuts.
    I'm level 27.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

mdwexford wrote:
    Any of you kind souls fancy helping me with the blood starved beast?

Summon Alfred and he can help

Advertisement