Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Getting a bit burned out now. Up to the last boss on NG+ (Don't want to go any further) and have every Chalice Dungeon cleared. Running roots can be fun but it does get tedious after awhile and the pvp scene is not shaping up to be great. That's one thing both Dark Souls will always be better for I think!

Soooooo time to pick up Scholar of the first Sin!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Big Knox wrote: »
    Getting a bit burned out now. Up to the last boss on NG+ (Don't want to go any further) and have every Chalice Dungeon cleared. Running roots can be fun but it does get tedious after awhile and the pvp scene is not shaping up to be great. That's one thing both Dark Souls will always be better for I think!

You've cleared all of them? Even the defiled and one after?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Dark Souls 1 pvp has a terrific community but it was Lag Souls more than anything. Backstab lag souls.

tok9 wrote: »
    So really there are only 4 bosses in the game you have to beat! The rest are optional. That's a bit crazy.

EDIT: Looks like I may have jumped the gun there actually. Looks like I can only get to Nightmare Frontier and not Mensis so I'm wrong.

The bosses you need to beat the game are Father Gascoigne, shadows of Yharnam, Rom, The one reborn, Micolash and finally Mergo's Wet Nurse.

6 bosses in total to beat the game. A fairly minimalist approach(I killed every boss) but that's all that's technically required.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I killed Micholash so I'm onto the last boss? hhhmmmm After doing a few dungeons, I'm not too bothered with going through all of them and talks from here that +1 doesn't offer much more than difficulty, I might trade it in when I'm done and I can still get a good price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I'm really taking my time with this, exploring every nook and cranny and soaking up the atmosphere. Finished all the optional areas (old yharnham, workshop, hemlick, unseen village) and had another solo crack at Amelia last night. Finished her using 4 vials; the satisfaction was IMMENSE.

How succesful is the password pvp system? tried to summon a mate last night after setting a password and worldwide to no avail (cathedral ward lamp)

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I killed Micholash so I'm onto the last boss? hhhmmmm

No you aren't. :) Mergo isnt the last boss......just technically the last one you have to kill to beat the game.
    You can choose to let the last boss kill you instead of fighting him. And there is another extra boss who appears immediately after him..... but only if you do a certain something throughout the game.

sweetie wrote: »

How succesful is the password pvp system? tried to summon a mate last night after setting a password and worldwide to no avail (cathedral ward lamp)

The level limit still applies. For example if you are level 50, he can only join your game if he is level 35-65.

There is no way I'll be trading this game in.

I haven't touched one random Chalice Dungeon yet and I'll be waiting for DLC to be announced.

hhhmmmm After doing a few dungeons, I'm not too bothered with going through all of them and talks from here that +1 doesn't offer much more than difficulty, I might trade it in when I'm done and I can still get a good price.

The first few dungeons aren't great but once they start getting closer to your level they really pick up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Kirby wrote: »
    The level limit still applies. For example if you are level 50, he can only join your game if he is level 35-65.

yeah, we were 8 or 10 apart. I think we may have both been using he PS rest mode to suspend/play the game and apparently this messes with it. Also, can you change your setting on the fly whilst the bell is still ringing? I changed back to no password and still didnt get a random player join me.

Ya the suspend/resume is definitely an issue with co-op.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

If I finish the game does it automatically go to NG+? I'm quite enjoying doing co-op helping others with he bosses near the end.

Uploaded a couple of vids from the PS4 just playing with the record features, nothing special but cool feature. Will be handy for SFIV and V eventually.

Ebrietas:

Rom:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

The bosses you need to beat the game are Father Gascoigne, shadows of Yharnam, Rom, The one reborn, Micolash and finally Mergo's Wet Nurse.

6 bosses in total to beat the game. A fairly minimalist approach(I killed every boss) but that's all that's technically required.

You need to fight Amelia to reach the Forbidden Woods, and hence the Shadow of Yarnham don't you?

You need to fight Amelia to reach the Forbidden Woods, and hence the Shadow of Yarnham don't you?

Ya that's correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

sweetie wrote: »

The passwords are for co-op. They don't affect PvP.

Theirs 16 bosses in the main game if I'm correct, possibly 17, so only 7 mandatory is a bit strange... That said, you'd have no Caryll Runes from the Witch and limited weapons from the Cleric Beast badge

You've cleared all of them? Even the defiled and one after?

Yep I've the Depth 5 root and sinister chalices unlocked for all 3 dungeon types. Have been running them with codes from Reddit the past 2 nights getting some of the lost weapons and such but they do get a bit tedious to be honest. I've got good cursed physical gems for my 2 weapons now.

I'm waiting for a friend to catch up on levels and will come back and do some co-op. Love the game and will never ever trade it in but going to go do a play through on Scholar and then will maybe come back and see if the pvp community has grown in Bloodborne.

Ya that's correct.

Nope. Most people kill her and it's the way the developers intended the player to progress but you don't have to do it. You can get into the Forbidden woods without killing Amelia. So, it's still the 6 mandatory bosses to beat the game.

Nope. You can get into the Forbidden woods without killing Amelia.

I'm well past that but just curious, how do you do that? Do ou get the password somewhere else or get there via a secret area?

I'm well past that but just curious, how do you do that? Do ou get the password somewhere else or get there via a secret area?

In the forbidden woods, you might remember there is a shortcut back to Central Yharnam. That works the other way too. You can jump over a gate and go straight to the forbidden woods, skipping Amelia completely.

• Advertisement

Ah so you can get over that gate....Handy for speed runners!

Yeah the guy who holds the current legitimate world record of 50 minutes uses it too.

Yeah the guy who holds the current legitimate world record of 50 minutes uses it too.

I'll have to look up that and the lore video once I'm finished the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Hi,

New to Souls series, so bit of a beginner, I'm at Father Gascoigne, and nearly have him but need to level up I feel.

I do find that I need to farm a lot of blood to upgrade my stats. Do you guys do this?

Also, how do I access the chalice dungeons?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

YHave been running them with codes from Reddit the past 2 nights getting some of the lost weapons and such but they do get a bit tedious to be honest.

Sorry to disturb - what do you mean by this? - is there cheat codes out there or shortcuts to get weapons?

Is this what you are referring to:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/805577-bloodborne/71492989?page=37#372

Yep I've the Depth 5 root and sinister chalices unlocked for all 3 dungeon types. Have been running them with codes from Reddit the past 2 nights getting some of the lost weapons and such but they do get a bit tedious to be honest. I've got good cursed physical gems for my 2 weapons now.

What was the final boss like? I'm going to tackle that dungeon tonight I think.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

sticker wrote: »
    Sorry to disturb - what do you mean by this? - is there cheat codes out there or shortcuts to get weapons?

Is this what you are referring to:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/805577-bloodborne/71492989?page=37#372

They're not cheat codes.
    Each Chalice Dungeon has it's own unique password that can be shared online.

What was the final boss like? I'm going to tackle that dungeon tonight I think.

Phtumerian Queen isn't too bad to best honest. There's a lot going on but she can be stunned and visceral attacked. Just don't attack her while
    the baby is crying
    and it's not too bad!

The defiled Watchdog and Abhorrent Beast are harder!

The defiled Watchdog and Abhorrent Beast are harder!

Oh I've already beaten them. That defiled Watchdog genuinely made me a better player.

What level were you roughly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Are people waiting till they finish the game to start Chalice Dungeons or while playing the main game?

I just beat Vicar Amelia and I'm level 40 now.

Is it worth my while playing for loot to help with the main game.

Advertisement