Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm currently stuck on Rom. I know a few people here had some trouble with it.

Any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I tried him 4 times then I put on some 80's tunes with spotify and killed him on my next attempt, try that ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Fr Gascoigne is an utter b@stard.
    Just thought I'd mention it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Just got to Rom.

The snakehead enemies were one thing, but how you get to Rom blew my mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Is there anything in Moonside Lake at all (after Rom)? Like any secrets? I know it's baron, and there's nothing there from what I can see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

mdwexford wrote: »
    Are people waiting till they finish the game to start Chalice Dungeons or while playing the main game?

I just beat Vicar Amelia and I'm level 40 now.

Is it worth my while playing for loot to help with the main game.

You should be playing them during the campaign.. otherwise you'll be too high a level for the early ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Is there anything in Moonside Lake at all (after Rom)? Like any secrets? I know it's baron, and there's nothing there from what I can see.

His Highness, Baron Kirby declares there is no loot there. It is a barren wasteland. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

F1ngers wrote: »
    They're not cheat codes.
    Each Chalice Dungeon has it's own unique password that can be shared online.

OK thanks - where is the first chalice found? I'm still in Yarnham

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

sticker wrote: »
    Hi,

New to Souls series, so bit of a beginner, I'm at Father Gascoigne, and nearly have him but need to level up I feel.

I do find that I need to farm a lot of blood to upgrade my stats. Do you guys do this?

Also, how do I access the chalice dungeons?

I can help you with Gaz if you're level 14 or under if you're still there. When you defeat your next boss, the Blood Starved Beast, you'll get your first chalice for the dungeons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

tok9 wrote: »
    Oh I've already beaten them. That defiled Watchdog genuinely made me a better player.

What level were you roughly?

I've been 100 for all of the dungeons, stopping here until the meta pvp decides on 100 or 120!

Yeah defiled Watchdog was a definite test of patience alright. Depth 5 Abhorrent Beast and a random Ebrietas encounter are at the top of the list also!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've come to the conclusion that the Souls games just aren't for me anymore. The enjoyment i get out of them seems to be dwarfed by the frustration. Gah, it's so stupidly hard at times...and not in a good way. Ugh, time to go play some Mario World.

And yes, i realise i'll probably be back playing it tomorrow :P

Kiith wrote: »

You know you will :pac: :P

Any tips?

Try and get as close to his arse as possible. If he begins to move (turning around, or jumping, or standing up) dive away but stick yourself to as close to his backside as possible and hack away. Watch those spiders though, they're lethal. Dodge around them as much as you can - remain agile

(That's was what I ended up doing after 5 or 6 attempts)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Any tips?

The Tonitrus (electric mace)helped me. Then ignore all spiders, bate his arse 3 or 4 hits then roll away to avoid attacks and key let stamina regen and heal if you have to. Keep your health full in case he hits you with AOE attack or the ice missiles.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Finished it earlier this evening, thought the Gerhman fight was a bit tedious but the moon creature afterwards was awesome (despite being one of the easiest bosses in the game).

Will probably run through again on NG+ as it seems I missed a ton of weapons and other gear and there's still the dungeons to explore.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Really got my handed to me tonight by that Boss. 4th boss? A chicj that turns in to a very hairy... Chick?

When I just met her few days ago I got her to half HP in first fight, now I died 3 times in a row without even doing any damage to her...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Really got my handed to me tonight by that Boss. 4th boss? A chicj that turns in to a very hairy... Chick?

When I just met her few days ago I got her to half HP in first fight, now I died 3 times in a row without even doing any damage to her...

Stand back and bait her leaping attack. Dodge right. 2 shots to the head. Repeat

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,412 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Found her hitboxes on attacks to be quite small so were easy enough to dodge even if you get in close to her.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2015/04/09/whats-really-going-on-in-bloodborne

Totally got all that first time around :pac:

But really is impressive how deep the narrative is. Frankly don't think I've learned to read games where the hints are so subtle and deeply ingrained in the world design.

Oh nice.. I'll give that a read tomorrow. I've got a rough idea of the majority of the story but I'm sure something like that will really go into it.

Now all we need is a backstory by the guys at LORE. Love their videos.

EDIT: They did one already. :o

*reading article now* :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2015/04/09/whats-really-going-on-in-bloodborne

Totally got all that first time around :pac:

But really is impressive how deep the narrative is. Frankly don't think I've learned to read games where the hints are so subtle and deeply ingrained in the world design.

That was a fantastic read. It's astonishing how in a game where the overwhelming amount of players complain there is no story or logical narrative that the reality couldn't be any further from the truth.

Onto Gerham, the end is extremely f*cking nigh...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Kiith wrote: »
    I've come to the conclusion that the Souls games just aren't for me anymore. The enjoyment i get out of them seems to be dwarfed by the frustration. Gah, it's so stupidly hard at times...and not in a good way. Ugh, time to go play some Mario World.

It is indeed a fairly tough game - For me, with a busy career and a young family, I'm finding it very tricky to dedicate time to it, and time is definitely needed to get ahead!

It is rewarding when you beat a boss or feel you are getting into the swing of things, but he frustrations are very genuine.

I find myself just farming around the early levels frying to get the stats up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Big Knox wrote: »
    That was a fantastic read. It's astonishing how in a game where the overwhelming amount of players complain there is no story or logical narrative that the reality couldn't be any further from the truth.

To be fair, while there is a good amount of story hidden in there, logical isn't exactly a word i'd use to describe it or how it's told. I'm all for requiring a bit of extra investigation to find out story details but this, like other Souls games, takes it way too far imo.

It's fair to say they can go a bit cryptic at times however I've played with and seen a few people who say things like you wouldn't know these things without a guide.

Pretty much every item has a description on it which gives you a good indication on what to do. An example would be the Cainhurst summons.. you'd have no idea where to go if all you did was pick it up. But if you read the description it tells you where to go!

Same with how to get the additional boss at the end. There are some subtle hints as to what you need to get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Seen a speedrun video which was done during blood echo.glitch. 44 mins. Guy vaults over wall in first area to skip to forbidden woods

Cleared it and got the secret boss. I had the
    3 umbilical cords and read a note in the Lecture building how they were important to see something. I used them and nothing happened so looked it up and saw that's how you trigger the real ending,
    huzzah

Now to read up on some lore stuff.

Can anyone tell me in spoilers what the endings are if you
    refuse to fight and if you do, what's the normal ending?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me in spoilers what the endings are if you
    refuse to fight and if you do, what's the normal ending?

I reverted my save from the cloud so played through all 3 endings:

If you refuse to fight,
    you get beheaded by Gehrman and wake up to a dawn scene in Yharnam. I'm assuming your character will just roam around like the other hunters you've encountered during the game. You also see the doll praying over a new grave, yours.

If you fight,
    you meet Moon Presence but it embraces you and you take over the role of Gehrman.

Ah I like the sound of those, instead
    I became a slug baby...mmmm...thaaaaaannkksss

Looks like I missed the upper cathedral, choir and orphanage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

So am at a point where I need to talk to gherman and finish things up, however, I dont want to miss stuff, I did the orphanage and all I have left to do in that section is to kill ebrietas.

But I know there is stuff I am missing, killed the big brain and got the blood rock, got the choir bell as well as stood in frton of the brain doing the L until it gave me the moonlight run.

But I dont want to talk to gherman until I am sure I have completed most of the challenges, or would that make no difference?

Also, on my last mission I had to run in front of a big cathedral getting constantly frenzied, however, right at the beginning, the bell lady rang her bell and I kept getting people joining my game, couldnt do anything to stop them but to leave and go off line, almost ruined it for me I tell you

Advertisement