Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Bohrio wrote: »
    Also, on my last mission I had to run in front of a big cathedral getting constantly frenzied, however, right at the beginning, the bell lady rang her bell and I kept getting people joining my game, couldnt do anything to stop them but to leave and go off line, almost ruined it for me I tell you

For that section where you are being frenzied you need to stack up on resistance runes.

I had +300 on Frenzy from 2 runes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

tok9 wrote: »
    For that section where you are being frenzied you need to stack up on resistance runes.

I had +300 on Frenzy from 2 runes.

Yeah I finished that part already, took me ages, mostly because people kept joining my game... so annoying lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Bohrio wrote: »
    So am at a point where I need to talk to gherman and finish things up, however, I dont want to miss stuff, I did the orphanage and all I have left to do in that section is to kill ebrietas.

But I know there is stuff I am missing, killed the big brain and got the blood rock, got the choir bell as well as stood in frton of the brain doing the L until it gave me the moonlight run.

But I dont want to talk to gherman until I am sure I have completed most of the challenges, or would that make no difference?

Also, on my last mission I had to run in front of a big cathedral getting constantly frenzied, however, right at the beginning, the bell lady rang her bell and I kept getting people joining my game, couldnt do anything to stop them but to leave and go off line, almost ruined it for me I tell you

some progress since a week ago! I'm still in the forbidden woods. Need a day alone to play this, just getting a couple of hours here and there at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

sweetie wrote: »
    some progress since a week ago! I'm still in the forbidden woods. Need a day alone to play this, just getting a couple of hours here and there at the moment.

Thank but I have been playing this thing almost non stop since!

Interestingly enough I found bosses easier as higher levels (with the exception of ebriena of whatever her name is), still need to do the final boss but I want to wait and do some alternative stories to make sure I am no missing anything:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

What are the best stats to upgrade for Gascoigne? I'm doing blood runs to level up and wonder what's best to level up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

sticker wrote: »
    What are the best stats to upgrade for Gascoigne? I'm doing blood runs to level up and wonder what's best to level up?

Upgrading your weapons will do you better than upgrading stats.

I'd recommend bumping Vitality and Endurance to begin though.

If you don't know how to parry, learn how and then fight Gascoigne

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Anyone having problems with the Elaine The Crow quest?

Met her in the rafters early in the game and exhausted the dialogue options. Now she's disappeared from there and I cant find her anywhere. She's supposed to be just outside the cathedral ward front door but she isnt appearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Anyone having problems with the Elaine The Crow quest?

Met her in the rafters early in the game and exhausted the dialogue options. Now she's disappeared from there and I cant find her anywhere. She's supposed to be just outside the cathedral ward front door but she isnt appearing.

You need to open the main plaza door through the back shortcut or with the key bought from the bath merchants for 10k before she shows up!

Once she does show up and you talk to her, zone back to the hunters dream and then head straight to tomb of odeon and make sure she doesn't die. Take aggro from the other hunter straight away as she can be killed fairly quickly!

I actually finished that quest last night.

That last hunter is really tough.. was slightly poetic that we both killed each other! :P

Upgrading your weapons will do you better than upgrading stats.

I'd recommend bumping Vitality and Endurance to begin though.

If you don't know how to parry, learn how and then fight Gascoigne

Ok. Where can I find blood shards though in central yarnhim? I need these to upgrade weapons along with blood?

• Advertisement

sticker wrote:
    Ok. Where can I find blood shards though in central yarnhim? I need these to upgrade weapons along with blood?

They are in old yarnham, hemwick lane etc

Big Knox wrote: »
    You need to open the main plaza door through the back shortcut or with the key bought from the bath merchants for 10k before she shows up!

Once she does show up and you talk to her, zone back to the hunters dream and then head straight to tomb of odeon and make sure she doesn't die. Take aggro from the other hunter straight away as she can be killed fairly quickly!

Both gates already open. Have walked both paths just to be sure in an attempt to spawn her and nothing.

Both gates already open. Have walked both paths just to be sure in an attempt to spawn her and nothing.

She may have been killed before you got to her? Happened me I think.

I nearly killed Iosefka last night but not sure I should at this stage.

Have you killed the Blood Starved Beast?

Please tell me this wasn't one of ye after climbing up that ladder.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Haven't had a chance to play this over the last few days, but I had a productive day finishing 2 dungeons, 2 bosses and taking amysterious carriage to a castle.

Anyone know if this duplication trick works with 2 profiles?

https://youtu.be/oKQf-1wbnMM

• Grayditch wrote: »
    Haven't had a chance to play this over the last few days, but I had a productive day finishing 2 dungeons, 2 bosses and taking amysterious carriage to a castle.

Try two weeks now :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Nearly had that Gascoigne fecker, almost...
    Tried the thingy and just did have enough time.
    B@stard!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I just started NG+ and bought the Burial Blade, Gehrman's Scyth which is savage but underpowered at the moment. Quickly opened the first shortcut to take on the Cleric Beast and saw a message saying 'ring bell for assistance'. I did and only the man himself Gehrman appeared! So did a randomer and the 3 of us proceeded to the beast. We took him down with ease but solo, my +10 Tonitrus and 35 strength was barely doing anything to him. I was covered in blood by the end of the battle, it was savage. Went to save the vid but the option wasn't there, sickened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

There are two weird things happening to me at the moment.

1) all my blood vials are gone. I had 99 the other day and now I have 0.

2) while fighting Rom it is taking me 10+ hits to kill each of the small spiders.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Well for the spiders they have armoured faces so you have to hit them from side or the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

There are two weird things happening to me at the moment.

1) all my blood vials are gone. I had 99 the other day and now I have 0.

2) while fighting Rom it is taking me 10+ hits to kill each of the small spiders.

1. You've probably used them all. Multiple attempts at tough boss battles can seriously deplete them.

2. They front of the spiders are armoured. One or two hits to the side will kill them.

J. Marston wrote: »
    1. You've probably used them all. Multiple attempts at tough boss battles can seriously deplete them.

2. They front of the spiders are armoured. One or two hits to the side will kill them.

Okay, that makes sense.

I could have sworn I still had a ton of blood vials. Also one or two of the spiders would die after a hit or two but the others just wouldn't. Makes sense now.

Finally beat Father Gascoigne - what a rush!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It's amazing how fast those blood vial stocks can deplete if you're just running straight from a lamp to a challenging boss fight. 99 seems a lot, but depending how vial happy you are that could be only be 6 or 7 attempts before you find yourself needing to restock. And some areas are pretty much totally blood vial dry.

You don't appreciate Estus flasks enough until they're cruelly snatched away from you!

Also took me longer than it should have to realise certain items cost bullets. I had a stock of 99 for most of the mid game, but they disappeared quickly when I started using the Old Hunter Bone and a few other spells. Don't even mention the cannon :pac: At least you have the health for bullets option there if you're really stuck.

Has anyone managed to co op or invade a dungeon with the makeshift altair?

I still haven't.

I think I might be done with Bloodborne now. I took the disc out of the PS4 last night after a particularly brutal encounter with Rom. There is also the added frustration of having no blood vials and needing to go and farm those. I can put up with a little farming in Destiny but I don't think I have the tolerance to do it in two games.

I might come back to it at some point, perhaps if I find someone to do a little co-op with.

I think I might be done with Bloodborne now. I took the disc out of the PS4 last night after a particularly brutal encounter with Rom. There is also the added frustration of having no blood vials and needing to go and farm those. I can put up with a little farming in Destiny but I don't think I have the tolerance to do it in two games.

I might come back to it at some point, perhaps if I find someone to do a little co-op with.

You could do the glitch with the dogs for free echo's. Just buy vials with it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Finally beat Father Gascoigne - what a rush!

I nearly had the bugger so many times.
    In the end I summoned help.
    I feel like a lesser, weaker man, but an alive one so feck it!

Heart broken to find
    brooch by the woman's corpse on the roof, I returned it to the lit window and listened to the bereft child mourning her dead parents
    , looking forward to what come next.
    More things with teeth, claws and further pointy things aimed at my nethers.

Advertisement