Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

You could do the glitch with the dogs for free echo's. Just buy vials with it

I haven't heard of this glitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I haven't heard of this glitch.

I'll spoiler to be safe
    Go to the forbidden woods. Carry on until you reach the second spiky log trap, and turn left up the hill. Kill all the dogs in their cages. Now take the shortcut from the woods to Iosefkas Clinic, and enter the clinic. Go to the lamp, and then turn back and go to the room you fought the wolf at the start of the game. There are 3 tables on the left hand side of the room. Do laps of the middle one. You get 2,000 echo's for every lap.

You'll need about 54,000 if I'm right, 72,000 at most to buy out your vials.

I don't think its a cheat if all you're doing is saving yourself farming time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Just completed all the Dungeons. Only 2 trophies away from platinuming it now :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Got to play some more of this today. Father fcuking G! :mad:
    Almost had him on my first try and was enjoying that fight, 2nd and 3rd times were rubbish. Will give him another go later when the blood pressure has calmed down. :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Making good use of visceral attack? Gascoigne is effectively a (Very tricky) tutorial, but in typical From fashion they don't really tell you what they're actually teaching you :pac:

• Advertisement

Making good use of visceral attack? Gascoigne is effectively a (Very tricky) tutorial, but in typical From fashion they don't really tell you what they're actually teaching you :pac:

The underlying lesson behind each game is teaching you how much pain and hatred you're willing to put towards a video game before you can say "I beat it"

Until you see some guy on YouTube do the same thing with a rock band guitar

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

I'll spoiler to be safe
    Go to the forbidden woods. Carry on until you reach the second spiky log trap, and turn left up the hill. Kill all the dogs in their cages. Now take the shortcut from the woods to Iosefkas Clinic, and enter the clinic. Go to the lamp, and then turn back and go to the room you fought the wolf at the start of the game. There are 3 tables on the left hand side of the room. Do laps of the middle one. You get 2,000 echo's for every lap.

You'll need about 54,000 if I'm right, 72,000 at most to buy out your vials.

I don't think its a cheat if all you're doing is saving yourself farming time

I read that the duplication glitch is gone now - Can anyone confirm?

I would honestly have done this also to save all the farming I am doing now. I'm spending hours going around the same sections leveling up before proceeding. I'm not in the woods yet - Just starting Cathedral Ward.

Is this other players strategy or are you running into Bosses headlong?!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I nearly had the bugger so many times.
    In the end I summoned help.
    I feel like a lesser, weaker man, but an alive one so feck it!

Heart broken to find
    brooch by the woman's corpse on the roof, I returned it to the lit window and listened to the bereft child mourning her dead parents
    , looking forward to what come next.
    More things with teeth, claws and further pointy things aimed at my nethers.

I just farmed the level until I got to level 20 or so and then went after him,

This is how I got him:
    did the running around the batch of gravestones with him locked on so his bullets could not hit me, until his last transformation and then played music box and hit him with fire.

It did seem impossible to me when trying the first 10 or so times...

I did what you mentioned in spoiler tags... Hope that isn't the end of this small story arc. Quite sad really.

Hah no actually, completely forgot about even trying it, too busy concentrating on dodging. I found his
    second phase with the longer weapon a pain in the nuts
    , but I've only had four attempts so haven't learnt his patterns yet. I fully expect more deaths are required. :D

Actually, is that Kirkhammer decent enough? I only have it at +1 atm but presumably it gets much better damage wise?

Not sure if there's need for a spoiler tag considering most of you seemed to have finished the game a while now. :)

sticker wrote: »
    I read that the duplication glitch is gone now - Can anyone confirm?

I would honestly have done this also to save all the farming I am doing now. I'm spending hours going around the same sections leveling up before proceeding. I'm not in the woods yet - Just starting Cathedral Ward.

Is this other players strategy or are you running into Bosses headlong?!

Its not the duplication glitch, I'm fairly sure thats gone. No offence, but if you need to farm that much in the early game you're doing something wrong.

Run into bosses headlong, everyone has a play style that struggles with one boss and wrecks another. I.e. I wrecked Rom, who people here seriously struggle with, and then The One Reborn is considered one of the easier bosses. I spent three days at him before Johnny pretty much killed him for me. You won't find all the bosses as hard as Gas

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I went back to this today with the attitude of "I'm gonna **** this **** up!" and went balls to the wall attack...it actually working surprisingly well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Ok so I finished the game with one peculiarity. I killed your man with the burial sword and had the 3 umbilical cords with me but never got to kill the moon boss, instead it restarted from the beginning with all my weapons and all my money like if nothing happened. I am still level 120 but it doesnt feel like I am in the game, feels like I am level 10 again despite what the character is saying.

I can still play chalices (havent checked if there is a level difference there as well) but I just find it weird. No way I am starting again from the beginning though and I dont see the need of doing the chalices either as I have no interest for any weapons as I can't use them anywhere anyway.

Is this normal?

:S

Bohrio wrote: »
    Is this normal?

:S

Ya.. after you beat the boss, NG+ starts.

The Chalice dungeons stay the same so there is no difference there although if you're lvl 120 you are way overlevelled for the early ones.

Also you need to consume those items to fight the additional boss which is why you didn't get to fight it. You just had them instead of using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

tok9 wrote: »
    Ya.. after you beat the boss, NG+ starts.

The Chalice dungeons stay the same so there is no difference there although if you're lvl 120 you are way overlevelled for the early ones.

Also you need to consume those items to fight the additional boss which is why you didn't get to fight it. You just had them instead of using them.

Yes I thought that, but I was following the instructions on bloodborne wiki and it said that I can eat them after refusing the moon guy but I think it meant after gehrman...

Doesnt bother me, not sure if I want to continue but I had a great time, need a small break though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Ugh.

7cwCAUq.png

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

On my second playthrough using skill/dex weapons. It feels like extra hard mode.

With a strength build and Ludwig's Blade, I could stagger everything. Not the case with the Threaded Cane and Blades Of Mercy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I did what you mentioned in spoiler tags... Hope that isn't the end of this small story arc. Quite sad really.

My son was busy googling it as I was playing, apparently it doesn't end there.

Well I'm probably coming close to the end of my time with Bloodborne now.

Got the Platinum trophy this morning. I've completed NG+ and I've completed all the standard dungeons.

I'm just making my way through a cursed and defiled root dungeon and another root dungeon. Once I beat those I'll probably finish up with this character as i'm lvl 167 and I feel too powerful with it now even for the dungeons.

I do still have my other character Who I use to just help people out so I'll probably drop in with that every so often.

The one disappointment is with these dungeons. Again it might be me being over levelled but no one is invading my dungeons and I haven't joined anyone else in co op.

Also the other disappointment I have is the covenants. They are all very similar really and are introduced so late into the game that they feel a bit worthless.

Other than that I think everyone here already knows I really love this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Finished Cainhurst today. I'd say I'm about 75% finished the game, not including the dungeons.

Finally got him! Get in. :D

Took about 8 or 9 tries in total. Kept getting hammered
    in his final form until I remembered to use visercal instead of trying to dodge
    . He fell at the next try. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

So whats this like? Is it one of those thats rock hard like dark souls or what way is it? Any thing like shadow of mordor because I loved that

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,412 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's harsh but fair like dark souls. It's definitely no brain dead button masher like shadow of mordor so you're out of luck if you want something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Is there anything in particular I should do before taking on Rom?

Feel like I've done everything I can and fought everyone I can. I have the back entrance to Iosefka's clinic opened up and I beat Darkbeast Paarl and the Witch of Hemwick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Finding it hard to get through the dungeons. Not because they are hard, just because they are boring me to death :eek: After starting a dungeon by the time i get to the second boss i had enough already and end up turning BB off...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

What's the point of Chalice Dungeons? Is it just for the challenge, or is there actually worth while rewards (gears, weapons etc...)?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Kiith wrote: »
    What's the point of Chalice Dungeons? Is it just for the challenge, or is there actually worth while rewards (gears, weapons etc...)?

yes, you can pick up different weapon variations, aswell as gems, blood rocks (as i believe there is only 1 in the entire campaign)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Finding it hard to get through the dungeons. Not because they are hard, just because they are boring me to death :eek: After starting a dungeon by the time i get to the second boss i had enough already and end up turning BB off...

I found that too but the Defiled dungeon is worth doing before you finish up. The boss fights are excellent and it is a genuine challenge with half hp!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Kiith wrote: »

Every weapon in the game has 3 different types (Normal, lost and sinister) but the only difference are the bloodgem slots. The lost and sinister versions only come from dungeons!

Also the only place to get the highest level bloodgems are the dungeons so if you're min/maxing a pvp character you pretty much have to do them!

I'm having bit of trouble with Blood Starved Beast... I'm new to PS4, what's involved with summoning help from another player on a Boss if necessary?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

I'm having bit of trouble with Blood Starved Beast... I'm new to PS4, what's involved with summoning help from another player on a Boss if necessary?

just ring youre summoning bell near where the boss fight is.It uses 1 insight to summon

you get the summoning bell basck in hunters dream..it should be on the steps near the doll

Advertisement