Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

just ring youre summoning bell near where the boss fight is.It uses 1 insight to summon

you get the summoning bell basck in hunters dream..it should be on the steps near the doll

Thanks. Gonna keep trying on my own first but good to know..

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭saidinmilamber

I think the biggest mistake I made was picking Ludwig's Silver Sword as my main weapon in my first build (A quality build with Strength and Skill at 30 and 25 respectively), because when I wanted to do an Arcane build, that was pretty much the only viable weapon to pick again without having to beat quite a large number of dungeons to get a weapon with the right imprint to work an arcane build. That and the non-fire gems come so late game that it feels like I'm just going through the game the exact same way as my as first time, except with a flamesprayer instead of a cannon. Overall the replay value isn't as good as either Dark Souls I think. I'd say this will be fixed with some DLC though.

Bought the Dark Souls 2 rerelease though, and HOLY CRAP the graphics are crisp!! Plus there's a whole load of changes that make it even more challenging!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Killed the Blood Starved Beast easily last night, but was hammered by the electric dog thing and some other massive beast thing. It's crazy difficult at times. Not sure i'll ever manage to clear it to be honest.

Also, those dudes with the sack that drag you to jail when they kill you the first time? **** them :mad:

just ring youre summoning bell near where the boss fight is.It uses 1 insight to summon

you get the summoning bell basck in hunters dream..it should be on the steps near the doll

I just have the beckoning bell... where do I get summoning bell?

Also I assume I need to start game I'm online mode?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

sticker wrote: »
    I just have the beckoning bell... where do I get summoning bell?

Also I assume I need to start game I'm online mode?

sorry thats it..got the name wrong.Afaik you dont get as many insight for killing bosses with help.

I normally set a limit of 20 deaths before summoning help lol :o:P

Also be aware that there are spots where you can summon npcs too...just check notes left behind

• Advertisement

sorry thats it..got the name wrong.Afaik you dont get as many insight for killing bosses with help.

I normally set a limit of 20 deaths before summoning help lol :o:P

Also be aware that there are spots where you can summon npcs too...just check notes left behind

Ok thanks. Do I need to play online?

I have 8 insight with 6 madmen knowledge. Should I use these?

Does higher insight relate to better stats for attacks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Ok thanks. Do I need to play online?

I have 8 insight with 6 madmen knowledge. Should I use these?

Does higher insight relate to better stats for attacks?

Yes you need to play online to summon other players. Everytime you ring the beckoning bell, you will lose 1 insight. Don't ring the bell over and over like a lot of people do, or you will run out of insight before you know it. Just ring it once and wait until a player is summoned.

jamescd wrote: »
    Yes you need to play online to summon other players. Everytime you ring the beckoning bell, you will lose 1 insight. Don't ring the bell over and over like a lot of people do, or you will run out of insight before you know it. Just ring it once and wait until a player is summoned.

Ok. Should I use all my knowledge and rise my insight? Any benefit to going this and moving my level from 8 to 14?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Ok. Should I use all my knowledge and rise my insight? Any benefit to going this and moving my level from 8 to 14?

The obvious one is you can ring the bell 14 times to summon help, instead of 8.

At 10 insight, you can access the Insight Bath Messenger in Hunter's Dream. You can buy various stuff from it like armor, blood stone shards, fire paper, etc.. But you spend insight there to buy stuff, not blood echoes. So the more you spend, the less insight you'll have for summoning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

jamescd wrote: »
    The obvious one is you can ring the bell 14 times to summon help, instead of 8.

At 10 insight, you can access the Insight Bath Messenger in Hunter's Dream. You can buy various stuff from it like armor, blood stone shards, fire paper, etc.. But you spend insight there to buy stuff, not blood echoes. So the more you spend, the less insight you'll have for summoning.

Is it true enemies get harder once you go over 15 insight? Is there any reason to hang onto it at all, bar the bell ringing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Is it true enemies get harder once you go over 15 insight? Is there any reason to hang onto it at all, bar the bell ringing?

They gain new attacks. There's no real reason, I liked to keep it about 12 for the first playthrough. There's added lore and stuff if you've high enough insight.

Kiith I can't multi qu

They gain new attacks. There's no real reason, I liked to keep it about 12 for the first playthrough. There's added lore and stuff if you've high enough insight.

Kiith I can't multi quote but you're in the wrong area. Go back to the cathedral ward, and head to the right, into the Grand Cathedral

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭daUbiq

Kiith wrote: »
    Killed the Blood Starved Beast easily last night, but was hammered by the electric dog thing and some other massive beast thing. It's crazy difficult at times. Not sure i'll ever manage to clear it to be honest.

Also, those dudes with the sack that drag you to jail when they kill you the first time? **** them :mad:

Roll forward under his body, take a couple of swings at a leg. Repeat, he should fall down and you can get a few big hits in... Repeat until he is dead, watch out for his area of effect attack.

I watched EpicNameBros video.. he makes it look easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Just hit 40 insight while still trying to beat Rom.

WHAT THE **** IS THAT IN THE CATHEDRAL WARD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Just hit 40 insight while still trying to beat Rom.

WHAT THE **** IS THAT IN THE CATHEDRAL WARD

Any chance of a screenshot? I held off on spending Madmen's Knowledge unless necessary after I was attacked by one of those octopus head guys in Cathedral Ward and I lost 5/6 insight to him. Maybe I should start spending them and farming more, it sounds like I'm missing out on mad stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I've three bosses to kill tonight; Paarl, Logarius and Shadow. First two seem doable from my initial attempts but for the Shadow I think I'll have to summon. 30 hrs in and probably about only 30% through the game.

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    Any chance of a screenshot? I held off on spending Madmen's Knowledge unless necessary after I was attacked by one of those octopus head guys in Cathedral Ward and I lost 5/6 insight to him. Maybe I should start spending them and farming more, it sounds like I'm missing out on mad stuff.
    Having figured it out through some research, I wont screenshot it. Don't want to ruin it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Having figured it out through some research, I wont screenshot it. Don't want to ruin it for you.

Fair enough, I'd better get farming then!

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    Fair enough, I'd better get farming then!

No need, you meet them through normal sTory progression

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Is there any advantage to being a higher insight level? I was using them to buy stuff from the well and summon a few times- i'm level 15 insight atm but do enemies gain new powers the higher my insight? It seems counter intuitive to level it up so? My character level is 40 - loving the game

• Advertisement

jones wrote: »
    Is there any advantage to being a higher insight level? I was using them to buy stuff from the well and summon a few times- i'm level 15 insight atm but do enemies gain new powers the higher my insight? It seems counter intuitive to level it up so? My character level is 40 - loving the game

They gain new moves, sometimes. Happens every 15 insight afaik, e.g. at 15, 30, 45, 60, 75 and 90.
    Lore can be easier to pick out with higher insight, and you get a few surprises in different areas.

Mainly depends on how hardcore you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Just one boss left to kill, so I think I'll collect everything I can that I missed and do all the dungeons I can before I finish it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

jones wrote: »

Yep, the easy ones to notice are the big guys with the white masks and the lanterns at the Cathedral Ward.

Under 15 insight, it's just a lantern. Over 15 insight and the lantern is covered in eyes and shoots slow moving orbs that pack a serious punch.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Moon Presence.

Can't do. Nor can the last 6 people who I've summoned.

Ant tips for defeating Rom?

I can get through phase 1 no bother, but I can't seem to manage both the spiders and Rom attacking in Phase 2 and 3. One or the other kills me from behind.

I did jump in to help someone else fight him and they had somehow managed to make all three rounds of spiders appear before Rom even teleported for the first time. We just picked them off one by one and then made mincemeat out of him within a minute. I haven't been able to replicate it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Ignore the little spiders totally and hit rom in the arse with a charged two hander attack. You may get 1-2-3 strikes in before you have to retreat to make the little spiders follow you away from him a bit, then run back in at him. I used bolt and fire on my weapon, seemed to help a lot.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Alternatively I would suggest don't ignore the little spiders :pac: Pick them off if you can, staying within medium range of Rom so he rarely uses his missile attack and his area-of-effect attack is easily dodgeable. Once at least a majority of the spiders are dead, actually getting up close to Rom reduces the risk significantly as all his attacks are very clearly telegraphed. It's time consuming, but if the rushing method isn't working, I'd really recommend it - took the time to do it after several failed attempts to ignore the minions and it really became a much easier fight. Remember a three hit combo on the armoured front will usually work to kill a spider if you can't strafe around to their side or back (the final hit does normal damage).

Remember that Rom doesn't attack in stage one, so picking off the spiders is easy before you start hitting the boss itself. At the very least that means you have one pack less of spiders to be concerned about. There will only ever be three packs of spiders, so even though it doesn't seem it when they keep spawning you are dealing with a finite amount of enemies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Yeah, I'd say take out the spiders for the first round. Then for the next ones just go balls deep and attack the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Yeah, I'd say take out the spiders for the first round. Then for the next ones just go balls deep and attack the ass.

Good heavens!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Seems there's a 1.0.3 patch coming before the end of the month, link. It will 'reduce certain load times' - hopefully that refers to the god awful long load times (not sure what others there are?).

Got myself that Rifle Spear in Old Yharnam last night and upgraded it to +3, great reach on it so switching between it and the Kirkhammer sword thingie. Will take on that Blood Starved Beast next.

Advertisement