Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The patch also resolves an issue that resulted in abnormal game behavior after many continuous hours of play

Take advantage of it while you can, cheaters :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

One million copies sold. Not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

So has anyone figured out what the Yharnam stone is for yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

tok9 wrote: »

You mean the Pendant? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

You mean the Pendant? ;)

I don't think so. It's in the key items and I've no idea what it's for and from a quick google no one else seems to be either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Oh Rom you magnificent, grotesque beast, tonight you shall be mine, mwahahaha.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

So after two fairly lengthy play sessions, yesterday and today, I've managed to progress nicely. Yesterday I managed to finish bsb, and amelia. Finished off the first chalice dungeon too. Im sure I must have more done, but can't think of what.

Today I have mostly been messing around with weapon setups, saw blade in pos 1, ludwigs holy blade in pos 2.
    Exploring the un(whatever it's called) town and I run into paarl. 1st attempt and I get his health down to the last little sliver, and he killed me! On my return journey to him I got a little too enthusiastic and was killed by a bagman. ~38000 echos down the toilet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭m_hunter

With it you can buy Ritual Blood (4) and Tomb Mold (4) form hunter's dream, only usage so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

How do you start the first dungeon. Once its 'open' does it stay that way or do i need items to get to it. What level are people starting it at? Is it better to co op ir do on your own?
    Iv just beaten the BSB with some help and am level 30 i think

You need to share your dungeon ID to a friend, and they need to create this dungeon use your dungeion ID in their world. Then get in ring the summon bell, you ring the master bell.

Only create dungeon require some material, once created it just like a region, you teleport in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

And paarl is toast!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Just killed the Witch of Hemwick and now I'm going into the Forbidden Woods.

About how far through the game am I?

I'm thinking close to 50%....

I don't think so. It's in the key items and I've no idea what it's for and from a quick google no one else seems to be either.

In Dark Souls there's an item called the Old Pendant, and it's utterly useless. I was trying to make a joke :mad:

mdwexford wrote: »
    Just killed the Witch of Hemwick and now I'm going into the Forbidden Woods.

About how far through the game am I?

I'm thinking close to 50%....

Think it's 30%, if you counting optional bosses
    If you only count main quest, then 50%
    If you count optional bosses & chalice dungeon, I'd say 15-20%

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

m_hunter wrote: »
    Think it's 30%, if you counting optional bosses
    If you only count main quest, then 50%
    If you count optional bosses & chalice dungeon, I'd say 15-20%

:pac:

Haha I was thinking all bosses and main story but not the chalice dungeons

Had my first taste of those last night but I'll wait till I'm a bit further into the main game I think.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Haha I was thinking all bosses and main story but not the chalice dungeons

Had my first taste of those last night but I'll wait till I'm a bit further into the main game I think.

Try farm some level 1-3 dungeons, and leave lvl4-5 ones to NG+

Good for leveling/farm while still keeping the fun. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Killed Blood Starved Beast at the first attempt earlier, albeit with Alfred's help (poor chap didn't last too long though). Nice fight, nowhere near as tense as Father G though. Got myself Ludwig's Holy Blade and Rifle and ugpraded them best I could. Not sure about the Rifle so back to alternating between Pistol and Hunter's Torch. The Blade is nice though, slightly longer reach than the Kirkhammer I think.

Oh, also got myself a Rune - how do I use them? Are they applied to weapons like gems or something different?

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Killed Blood Starved Beast at the first attempt earlier, albeit with Alfred's help (poor chap didn't last too long though). Nice fight, nowhere near as tense as Father G though. Got myself Ludwig's Holy Blade and Rifle and ugpraded them best I could. Not sure about the Rifle so back to alternating between Pistol and Hunter's Torch. The Blade is nice though, slightly longer reach than the Kirkhammer I think.

Oh, also got myself a Rune - how do I use them? Are they applied to weapons like gems or something different?

You get an item after killing one of the optional bosses. Applied to your character like rings in the previous games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

rom can f off..a spider firing meteors can go ask me hole:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The missus just got me the Nightmare Edition for my Birthday. Well happy. I can have my own copy and have a reason to start it over again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

And paarl is toast!

Cannot beat him. Trying to summon help on this boss after i fall into path before fog but no replies. Can anyone here assist me?!

sticker wrote: »
    Cannot beat him. Trying to summon help on this boss after i fall into path before fog but no replies. Can anyone here assist me?!

You'll need to post your level. He's optional anyways

You'll need to post your level. He's optional anyways

I'm level 58... just cant seem to get a kill!

What's the reward for defeating him? Is there more area beyond him?

It's Bizzare - just killed Amelia 1st time but spent 2 hours on Paarl before quitting him...!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,340 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

So I finally got around to starting Bloodborne a couple of days ago. Bear in mind they I never played the Dark Souls games. Also that my pet hate in gaming is repeating long sections of games that I've already completed. Well I've been doing that pretty much ever since I started. Still stuck in Central Yarnham around the area with the two werewolves over the bridge. Either they kill me or I go down the sewer over the other side and I get killed down there. Having to start all the way back at virtually the beginning is starting to wear on me now and the game is just frustrating me rather than being enjoyable. I guess that is the point of it but still my interest to keep playing is waning so any tips for cracking the early section of the game apart from keep trying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

So I finally got around to starting Bloodborne a couple of days ago. Bear in mind they I never played the Dark Souls games. Also that my pet hate in gaming is repeating long sections of games that I've already completed. Well I've been doing that pretty much ever since I started. Still stuck in Central Yarnham around the area with the two werewolves over the bridge. Either they kill me or I go down the sewer over the other side and I get killed down there. Having to start all the way back at virtually the beginning is starting to wear on me now and the game is just frustrating me rather than being enjoyable. I guess that is the point of it but still my interest to keep playing is waning so any tips for cracking the early section of the game apart from keep trying?

you need to find the shortcuts...can run from the start to a boss in 1 minute or 2.

Cant remember off hand where they are though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Is it me, or there's some weapon nerd? My axe is **** now. Really low damage. I could kill these dudes in one combo and not anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Never mind. It's just it's durability got very low. Weird actually. I never needed to repair equipment...

sticker wrote: »
    I'm level 58... just cant seem to get a kill!

What's the reward for defeating him? Is there more area beyond him?

Opens a totally useless shortcut to BSB iirc

• Advertisement

Opens a totally useless shortcut to BSB iirc

Sorry... shortcut to what?

Advertisement