Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Hi all. Quick question - I'm a little confused with the chalice dungeons. Can any chalice be used at any altar? Do the altars has any significance from each other or just different spots to do the same thing?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

sticker wrote: »
    Hi all. Quick question - I'm a little confused with the chalice dungeons. Can any chalice be used at any altar? Do the altars has any significance from each other or just different spots to do the same thing?

Thanks.

From what I've gathered, the altar is just a spot to do the chalice ritual. So, any chalice can be used at any altar apart from the first one. That one seems to be for a specific chalice

From what I've gathered, the altar is just a spot to do the chalice ritual. So, any chalice can be used at any altar apart from the first one. That one seems to be for a specific chalice

Ok cheers

I cannot see if the ritual alter has a normal chalice or a root chalice water the ceremony - how do I check what type of chalice is in use?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Ebrietas is dead, thank God.

Must have tried a dozen times last night and failed. One and done this evening. Souls games are weird like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Just beat ROM. Finally.

I had taken a break of about a week and then beat it first time. The game feels great when that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Just beat ROM. Finally.

I had taken a break of about a week and then beat it first time. The game feels great when that happens.

took me about 30 trys over three days to get him, patience is the key. Managed to get the next two bosses on second try so it get's better!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Also took a break for a few days. Came back at it yesterday and killed

Darkbeast Paarl - first attempt
    Vicar Amelia - 2nd attempt

Made use of the
    whip paired with flame

Then promptly lost 24k souls down the path to the left on the way back out & at the end of the track by the door. Racing back to collect my experience back got insta-killed by the monks with the crosses. Quite frustrated at that loss...

So I've gotten to a point where each "run" to a boss is giving me enough echos to lvl up. Its leaving me in a bit of a predicament; do I try to take on the boss and run the risk of losing all the echos, or do I head back and lvl up? The latter has the potential to stick me in an lengthy loop of lvling while never tackling the boss.

Anyway, last night I beat mensis. Took me a few tries due to some annoying poison monsters, but he's done. Have pretty much all of cainhurst to do, and then a bunch of chalice dungeons. Not really sure what else there is left to finish but im sure it'll present it's self.

Just like in the souls games before my will to continue is waning. I'll push through though, I feel I'm nearing completion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

So I've gotten to a point where each "run" to a boss is giving me enough echos to lvl up. Its leaving me in a bit of a predicament; do I try to take on the boss and run the risk of losing all the echos, or do I head back and lvl up? The latter has the potential to stick me in an lengthy loop of lvling while never tackling the boss.

When you get to the boss room for the 1st time, go back to level up and then just sprint past everything to get back to the boss room ? You don't have to kill everything a 2nd/3rd/4th time if you don't want to. I'm assuming you are killing most things along the way since you're getting so many echoes.

• Advertisement

jamescd wrote: »
    When you get to the boss room for the 1st time, go back to level up and then just sprint past everything to get back to the boss room ? You don't have to kill everything a 2nd/3rd/4th time if you don't want to. I'm assuming you are killing most things along the way since you're getting so many echoes.

Yeah, my problem is that they all need to die! Nah I will have to do that soon enough. Otherwise it'll get boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Yeah, my problem is that they all need to die! Nah I will have to do that soon enough. Otherwise it'll get boring.

Yeah I like killing anything and everything too. But I also want to get through the game at a reasonable rate so needs must :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

Ideally you should have opened all the shortcuts by the time you get to boss so this makes it easier to get back to the lamp to level and means that between using the shortcuts/running you should get back to where the boss is with fighting the minmal of creatures.

I lost 70k echoes by just going in gung ho to a boss.Was crying into my cornflakes for a few days because of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

So, Nightmare Frontier? Lvl 70?
    Jolly co-op?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

"General gaming"? I hate change..... :P

The wet nurse and the king guy dead today. From the looks of the trophies I have maybe 3 bosses left. Only have 2 of the umbilical cords though. Looks like I have more exploring to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Just after opening the door back to the gaol after all the witches. The enemies with the whips are insanely difficult to kill, do I need to? Also I know I'm missing something back in the witch area but I can't find one of the bell witches.

I cannot see if the ritual alter has a normal chalice or a root chalice water the ceremony - how do I check what type of chalice is in use?

Anyone help me with this point? I'm not sure if my chalices are root or normal...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Oh boy. Started this last night and played for a couple of hours, I am really struggling to be honest. Just barely made the first boss once and that was by running past most (all?) of the enemies. I played Dark Souls through (just once) so I have some experience with the games, but I'm finding it really difficult to adapt to not being able to block. Obviously once I reached the boss he killed me in two seconds flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Anyone help me with this point? I'm not sure if my chalices are root or normal...

It says Root in the name of the root chalices

• Advertisement

Oh boy. Started this last night and played for a couple of hours, I am really struggling to be honest. Just barely made the first boss once and that was by running past most (all?) of the enemies. I played Dark Souls through (just once) so I have some experience with the games, but I'm finding it really difficult to adapt to not being able to block. Obviously once I reached the boss he killed me in two seconds flat.

Level up, dodge, parry, practice, Molotov's

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

sweetie wrote: »
    Level up, dodge, parry, practice, Molotov's

Walking and backstab + visceral are very handy too. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

microlash can go fuk himself

microlash can go fuk himself

Phase 2? Just got him earlier easy enough. Stay up close, dodge his attacks and he can't do his AOE

It says Root in the name of the root chalices

Not in the title of the ritual altar after the chalice has been dropped and the dungeon begun. Not mention of root anywhere. How do I know the difference?

Also I'm to heart 3 of the first chalice. but I don't see any further levels. Is there no level 4 on the first chalice?

Also, if I remove a chalice for a Level completed, and drop it again does it start from scratch? I'm struggling to get my head around tracking what dungeon I have used...

Not in the title of the ritual altar after the chalice has been dropped and the dungeon begun. Not mention of root anywhere. How do I know the difference?

Also I'm to heart 3 of the first chalice. but I don't see any further levels. Is there no level 4 on the first chalice?

Also, if I remove a chalice for a Level completed, and drop it again does it start from scratch? I'm struggling to get my head around tracking what dungeon I have used...

If there's no mention of root anywhere it isn't root. The Lower Ptemuru is the first with 4 levels, I think it's the 4th Chalice you unlock.

And if you remove a chalice your progress is wiped

If there's no mention of root anywhere it isn't root. The Lower Ptemuru is the first with 4 levels, I think it's the 4th Chalice you unlock.

And if you remove a chalice your progress is wiped

OK, Thanks. But the screenshot below was what appeared after I dropped the Pthumerian ROOT chalice here.

123.jpg

OK, Thanks. But the screenshot below was what appeared after I dropped the Pthumerian ROOT chalice here.

123.jpg

I am mistaken then.. I'm sure it says root somewhere along the line in the menus

I am mistaken then.. I'm sure it says root somewhere along the line in the menus

Its a pity as I'd like to keep track of where I am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Apparently the update is live now - 2.7GB. Might be like last time where it's rolled out in NA first.

And it looks like server maintenance is happening between now to 11.

I've been playing the game a bit more with my secondary character.. just helping out with co-op.

Advertisement