Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Main points of UPDATE 1.03
    -Reduced loading times (approx. 5-15 seconds; may vary by circumstance)
    -Fixed bug that left certain lifts and elevators inoperable
    -Fixed bug that resulted in bosses becoming immobilized
    -Fixed bug that left players unable to advance NPC events during multi-play
    -When the PS4 is put into Rest Mode during online play, the game will now return to the main title screen upon resuming play
    This will resolve matchmaking issues related to Suspend/Resume.
    -Other various bug fixes

We will continue to make improvements to better the play experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Looks like loading screen item descriptions are in too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Can't say I've found the load times to be too bad. Gives you a chance to catch your breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

So what to spend the blood rock on if I get it? Kirkhammer, ludwig and saw cleaver are all at +8. Yet to beat Mergo, Gehrmann or Moon Presence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

tok9 wrote: »
    Looks like loading screen item descriptions are in too.

Agree 100% - Once I knew they existed before I played the game, they didn't bother me once.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

sweetie wrote: »
    Level up, dodge, parry, practice, Molotov's

As you said practice is key. Upgraded my weapon there too which certainly helps. Haven't killed the boss yet but have the first shortcut unlocked at least.

Is there any real benefit to doing the root dungeons? Are there collectables there not found in regular dungeons?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

sticker wrote: »
    Is there any real benefit to doing the root dungeons? Are there collectables there not found in regular dungeons?

Sticker I feel we're forming a bond here :pac: the depth 4 or 5 ones give good blood gems, weapons and tonnes of echoes, at depth 1 or 2 there isn't really any point to them unless you're stuck for Chalice Materials

Sticker I feel we're forming a bond here :pac: the depth 4 or 5 ones give good blood gems, weapons and tonnes of echoes, at depth 1 or 2 there isn't really any point to them unless you're stuck for Chalice Materials

Cheers!

Cheers!

There's a reddit thread with glyphs for the root dungeons that contain good loot!

• Advertisement

Does a Dungeon have to be completed by one player before it can be run in co op?

weiland79 wrote: »
    Does a Dungeon have to be completed by one player before it can be run in co op?

No, you just have to share it and once you've created it.

But when playing co op... it's the same as it is in the main game so when one person beats the boss, the other guy is taken back to his world and must beat that boss before being able to progress to layer 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

So finally finished it.

Was very enjoyable as well as frustrating :)

Just started new game + and noticed my cannon uses 12 bullets now instead of 10.Whats up with that?

Also what should I be levelling up.I have
    vit 36
    end 40
    str 31
    skill 25
    bloodtinge 9
    arcane 6

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

So finally finished it.

Was very enjoyable as well as frustrating :)

Just started new game + and noticed my cannon uses 12 bullets now instead of 10.Whats up with that?

Also what should I be levelling up.I have
    vit 36
    end 40
    str 31
    skill 25
    bloodtinge 9
    arcane 6

The cannon change came in todays patch.

There's a reddit thread with glyphs for the root dungeons that contain good loot!

You've been very helpful. But I can't seem to get my head around these glyphs codes. Can I only access codes of chalices I already have?

Do I need to have an active chalice of the area on one alter and then go to an empty alter to enter glyph? Can't get into any!!

You've been very helpful. But I can't seem to get my head around these glyphs codes. Can I only access codes of chalices I already have?

Do I need to have an active chalice of the area on one alter and then go to an empty alter to enter glyph? Can't get into any!!

Yes you need to have the actual root chalice for the dungeon, guessing you only have Pthermu and its root, so the Pthermu (whatever :pac: ) is the only dungeon you can load glyphs for.

Don't bother with roots until you get more chalices is my advice, just play through the regular game and regular (Upper, Lower etc) dungeons until you get to the late game, then start farming roots

Yes you need to have the actual root chalice for the dungeon, guessing you only have Pthermu and its root, so the Pthermu (whatever :pac: ) is the only dungeon you can load glyphs for.

Don't bother with roots until you get more chalices is my advice, just play through the regular game and regular (Upper, Lower etc) dungeons until you get to the late game, then start farming roots

Sounds good. Thanks again.

Sounds good. Thanks again.

You still don't know what he's talking about do you? :pac::pac::pac::pac:
    Either do I :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

weiland79 wrote: »
    You still don't know what he's talking about do you? :pac::pac::pac::pac:
    Either do I :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

I do actually! Took a while though. Steep learning curve on this yoke

Just finished my Rotted Root Pthumeru Ihyll dungeon. It can be a little tough at times (I'm level 169) but there is some really good loot in it. 2 lost weapons - burial blades and Logarius' wheel.

pg3uy9sb is the code if anyone wants to check it out and I can co op if you need help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

So you can't go past 99 insight

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

Ohhhh ebrietas! You'll be the death of me!

Edit: ok she's down! Hmmmm what next?

Just regarding Chalice dungeons (again!!) I assume if I hit level 3 and the boss room has no door beyond entrance that this chalice has no 4th level?

I should then remove chalice Once all goodies have been looted.

I think it's a shame there is no way of knowing what chalices have been used.

Just regarding Chalice dungeons (again!!) I assume if I hit level 3 and the boss room has no door beyond entrance that this chalice has no 4th level?

I should then remove chalice Once all goodies have been looted.

I think it's a shame there is no way of knowing what chalices have been used.

Yes.

And you should have a good idea of what chalices you've used as you need to progress through them to unlock better chalices. If you don't have a root chalice, you haven't completed the standard chalice dungeon.

tok9 wrote: »
    Yes.

And you should have a good idea of what chalices you've used as you need to progress through them to unlock better chalices. If you don't have a root chalice, you haven't completed the standard chalice dungeon.

Ok thanks. By the way is the One Reborn one of the final bosses? Edit - killed him first time. Fairly Easy boss...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

So I reached the first (mandatory) boss,
    can get through the first two stages well enough but once he turns into a beast I kinda get stomped. Had him probably a hit or two away from death once but haven't got close otherwise. Trying to parry him with varying levels of success.

Taking a break now, hopefully will get him later. There are some ocassional frustrations but this is a really really good game. And the patch seems to have helped.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Having some decent success lately. Taking my time exploring each level and levelling up as much as I can. Forbidden Forest was fairly decent for echoes.

The Witch of Hemwick
    Vicar Amelia
    Darkbeast Paarl
    The Shadow of Yharnam

All down.

Shadow destroyed me on the first attempt while I was trying to see what I was up against. Second attempt was awesome though, used all but one of my vials, really enjoyable fight and so satisfying to scrape through. Awesome game!

Onwards. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭jarain

Newbie to the souls series, bought Dark Souls when it came out but couldn't get into it but absolutely loving this. Was getting my ass handed to me by the Blood Starved Beast until I summoned somebody help. Spent the next hour helping other people out in gratitude! First time a game has ever done that to me!!!

I know I said I think my time is coming to an end but I just can't stop playing Bloodborne.

I've pretty much done everything with my main character.

My secondary character is progressing while McMafia progresses in the game. In the meantime I decided to get the short root ritual tool in the Hintertomb dungeon as I never seem to find anyone when I use it on my Lvl170 character.

I just got it for my lvl67 character and I'm finally getting into co op in dungeons so that's pretty cool. No luck with the sinister bell so far.

Edit: Actually may it's just the new patch/server update. Just got into a co op session with my other character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

I loved my time with the game and will definitely do a replay at some stage but the pvp is poor so I've no incentive to keep playing. I'm on NG++ on my pvp character and have finished all the dungeons but I'm done for now. It's a shame as I spent hundreds of hours in each souls game on pvp characters but won't be doing that this time around.

Say what you want about DS2, it may not be as polished or finely tuned as the other souls titles but it has the best platform to pvp so I'm looking forward to getting into Scholar soon!

Advertisement