Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Your chalice dungeons don't rest sticker, you can access them immediately

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

weiland79 wrote: »
    No YouTube cheating!

Only messing YouTube cheat away, as mentioned above. Life is too short.

I recommend the one reborn next. Was only my third attempt on him last night so definitely one of the easier bosses.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Was thinking of picking this up today. Stupid question - but is it worth it? Or should I just wait for the Witcher 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Was thinking of picking this up today. Stupid question - but is it worth it? Or should I just wait for the Witcher 3?

Hell yes! Get this and maybe trade in for Witcher in a few weeks?

So went back to give Dark Souls another try after finishing this. It had frustrated me when I tried it before and was put on the backlog. I miss the shiny graphics and the speed of combat and health regen but slowly and surely it's revealing itself to be a majestic game and I'm getting hooked. At undead parish now and following a similar exponential progress curve as I had in Bloodborne.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

sweetie wrote: »

So went back to give Dark Souls another try after finishing this. It had frustrated me when I tried it before and was put on the backlog. I miss the shiny graphics and the speed of combat and health regen but slowly and surely it's revealing itself to be a majestic game and I'm getting hooked. At undead parish now and following a similar exponential progress curve as I had in Bloodborne.

Sold! Thanks for the reply!
    Picking it up at lunch! I'll let ye know how it goes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

sweetie wrote: »

Once you get past the first hump of ringing the first bell of awakening the game really opens up and becomes amazing as you start to see how big the world is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Your chalice dungeons don't rest sticker, you can access them immediately

I don't follow you - Sorry! - do I keep chalices after NG+?

Is the end very obvious in terms of saving it?
    I've heard its the gate at hunters dream open? simple as this?

Would most of you guys be going for Witcher 3? - It looks like a very different game to Bloodbourne in terms of fundamentals?

Just wondering if there's as ,much excitement for Witcher as there was for Bloodbourne pre-launch?

sticker wrote: »
    I don't follow you - Sorry! - do I keep chalices after NG+?

Is the end very obvious in terms of saving it?
    I've heard its the gate at hunters dream open? simple as this?

Should have been reset, sorry. Your dungeons are separate from NG cycles, they only change when you change them. You need to talk to start the final fight so you won't stumble into it IMO.

As for the Witcher, I don't think there's as much hype as Bloodborne, as Bloodborne had a bigger following from Souls, and it was PS4s first massive exclusive.

Should have been reset, sorry. Your dungeons are separate from NG cycles, they only change when you change them. You need to talk to start the final fight so you won't stumble into it IMO.

As for the Witcher, I don't think there's as much hype as Bloodborne, as Bloodborne had a bigger following from Souls, and it was PS4s first massive exclusive.

Yes - Agreed!

I'm a souls fans also - But as a new PS4 owner (bought it for Bloodbourne) I'm looking for the next fix after it!

Are you gonna pickup W3 yourself?

• Advertisement

Yes - Agreed!

I'm a souls fans also - But as a new PS4 owner (bought it for Bloodbourne) I'm looking for the next fix after it!

Are you gonna pickup W3 yourself?

My brother wanted a PS4 and I wanted Bloodborne so it was convenient for me ;)

If you've a PS3 I'd recommend the 3 souls games, I know you've Dark already. Lords of the Fallen is in the same vein too.

I will, but on PC if I see a good deal, I have enough of a collection that I rarely look forward to new games, Bloodborne and DkS2 were the only games in years I bought at release.

My brother wanted a PS4 and I wanted Bloodborne so it was convenient for me ;)

If you've a PS3 I'd recommend the 3 souls games, I know you've Dark already. Lords of the Fallen is in the same vein too.

I will, but on PC if I see a good deal, I have enough of a collection that I rarely look forward to new games, Bloodborne and DkS2 were the only games in years I bought at release.

I have played and finished DS 1&2. Wonder when the next From game will arrive? Any word on any DLC material?

Did you go for NG+ - Are there new features beyond the difficulty level?

I have played and finished DS 1&2. Wonder when the next From game will arrive? Any word on any DLC material?

Did you go for NG+ - Are there new features beyond the difficulty level?

SoTFS maybe? Bloodborne will have DLC I hope, I'll probably not pick it up though. I didn't play NG+ no, I was bored of the game after one run to be honest. Fairly sure tok9 has though.

AFAIK there's no change except difficulty

SoTFS maybe? Bloodborne will have DLC I hope, I'll probably not pick it up though. I didn't play NG+ no, I was bored of the game after one run to be honest. Fairly sure tok9 has though.

AFAIK there's no change except difficulty

I can't see myself running through DK2 again - as with you and Bloodbourne - I've kinda done that. I will give Witcher 3 a go.

I have Last of us remastered and Resident Evil remastered on the wish list too - GTA5 then maybe.

With a busy business and two toddlers I might not pull it off though!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Bloodborne is making 45 cash/50 credit in CEX. Got 42 cash on monday :(

After Bloodborne I expect the Witcher to be comparable to a leisurely Sunday afternoon stroll around a sunny Phoenix park with perhaps a visit to the zoo with the kids where we will laugh at the antics of the monkey's and marvel at the size of the elephants.
    Followed by dinner in the local and a pint to wash it down.

Not the rage induced stress fest of aghhhhhh i fuking hate this fuking piece of sh!t, that I have so often felt in the past month.

weiland79 wrote: »
    After Bloodborne I expect the Witcher to be comparable to a leisurely Sunday afternoon stroll around a sunny Phoenix park with perhaps a visit to the zoo with the kids where we will laugh at the antics of the monkey's and marvel at the size of the elephants.
    Followed by dinner in the local and a pint to wash it down.

Not the rage induced stress fest of aghhhhhh i fuking hate this fuking piece of sh!t, that I have so often felt in the past month.

:D

Got the guide this morning from Book Depository. It's very lovely and I'll finally know all the proper names of all the monsters.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

DinoRex wrote: »
    Got the guide this morning from Book Depository. It's very lovely and I'll finally know all the proper names of all the monsters.

I think you'll find we already know their names. There's Asshole bagman, Freaky Frenzy Brains, Stephen Hawking Chaingunner, etc. :P

Kirby wrote: »
    I think you'll find we already know their names. There's Asshole bagman, Freaky Frenzy Brains, Stephen Hawking Chaingunner, etc. :P

And "Whatever the **** that thing is" for the rest of them!

• Advertisement

Those singing brain ladies are apparently called Winter Lanterns.

Really is a beautifully put together book though. Over 550 pages in the thing.

Btw I usually play with a party set up and myself and the40watt chat away in it whilst playing ( it helps with moral) feel free to jump in. Gamer tag is same as here if you'd like to add.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

If its the Future Press guide, stick it up on eBay in a few months, they only make so many and have seen their previous Souls guides go for about €100.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'd love a book that looks at the game critically, not just a guide or art book. The Wes Anderson series of books are a perfect example - beautifully designed, but full of informative essays, interviews, cultural contexts and analyses that actually enhance one's appreciation of the films. The From games are some of the few worthy of that type of engagement, so would happily spend 30 euro on something like that rather than a walkthrough.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Is there lore stuff in the guide as well?

There are some items in the forbidden forest that I can't figure out how to get. They're on the roof of the big building ( a grainery maybe or old windmill) it the one where you find the big elevator down to the more marshy area of the forest.
    (edit)
    Got them

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

My relationship with Dark Souls/Bloodborne games:

fuuuu_by_gamerdudexi.jpg

Then few hours later:

48422834.jpg

J. Marston wrote: »
    Is there lore stuff in the guide as well?

Not much more than is already in the game. Enemy names (particularly of NPC hunters you encounter) are interesting though.

There's an excellent interview with Miyazaki as well.

There's very little that the guide tells me that I hadn't already worked out though. The guide for the level upgrades is useful as it's frustrating that the player status page doesn't tell you how many echoes you need for your next level.

I really just both the guide as a collectors item though. Really hope they bring out a Design Works book at some point as the Dark Souls Design Works book was lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

My relationship with Dark Souls/Bloodborne games:

fuuuu_by_gamerdudexi.jpg

Yup - that's me right now. Tired of chasing the madman. Need to take a few days out to charge my enjoyment centres again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Just beat the game there.

Had to do a bit of farming for blood vials towards the end in Mensis, and then after picking up the second and third Moon runes
    (third from 'make contact' with the brain')
    I did a small bit of grinding to get my stamina up.

With the three runes I was hitting 80,000 between the final lamp before Mergo's Wet Nurse and the boss itself. Nearly 15,000 per pig.

Had an absolutely amazing fight with
    Gehrman
    where I used up all my health vials and consumables, only for him to get me from the side while he had barely 1HP left. Took him handily enough the second time though so I'll just pretend the first one was the actual fight. :D

Was able to get the full ending too!

Advertisement