Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

have it a wall with The Rom Boss fight.......... losing the will to continue...sometimes the game feels so unfair and purposely making it next to impossible to continue...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Turning enemies against each other is something I did not realise we could do in certain situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Just doing the different endings with my second carachter. Might as well go for the platinum.

Is there anything in particular I need to watch out for when it comes to getting all the Hunter weapons?

Does that include Uncanny variations, or is it just owning one of every weapon available?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Grayditch wrote: »
    Just doing the different endings with my second carachter. Might as well go for the platinum.

Ya you should. It's actually an easy enough platinum to get. From memory the Soul's trophy list were a lot more difficult to get a platinum in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

tok9 wrote: »
    Ya you should. It's actually an easy enough platinum to get. From memory the Soul's trophy list were a lot more difficult to get a platinum in.

Dark Two was easy, the other pair required you to farm like mad.

You don't need the uncanny etc for whoever's asking, just the main weapon

Dark Two was easy, the other pair required you to farm like mad.

You don't need the uncanny etc for whoever's asking, just the main weapon

Ya just thinking I remember going for a second run of Dark Souls 2 and picking up a lot of trophies. I guess I was just never as committed as I was to Bloodborne.

It's a straightforward game to platinum but I wouldn't say it's easy. After all you do have to get to the last chalice.. or more so get past the defiled chalice which is the toughest imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Bought the game on at the weekend and I'm hooked. I've already beaten the Cleric Beast and Father Gascoigne - I think the reason i beat them so quickly was because i've heard so many stories of people finding it tough - so from the start i grinded and kept popping back to upgrade. Does it get much harder? Also I played Dark Souls 2 and couldn't get into it, it was way to hard. But people who have finished Souls - Did ye find much difference between it and Bloodborne? Thinking of popping back to Souls after this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    have it a wall with The Rom Boss fight.......... losing the will to continue...sometimes the game feels so unfair and purposely making it next to impossible to continue...

Just beat him over the weekend with the help of some online co-op

The next section seems really really tough. I am thinking of packing it in. I have enjoyed what I have played but just finding it harder and harder

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

thorbarry wrote: »

The next section seems really really tough. I am thinking of packing it in. I have enjoyed what I have played but just finding it harder and harder

If it's the Unseen Village you're talking about just try running and taking out the bell ringers as a priority. Will make life easier. You're not too far from the end now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

thorbarry wrote: »

I know how you feel........... I like a game to be challenging, but this seems to be unfairly punishing....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Bought the game on at the weekend and I'm hooked. I've already beaten the Cleric Beast and Father Gascoigne - I think the reason i beat them so quickly was because i've heard so many stories of people finding it tough - so from the start i grinded and kept popping back to upgrade. Does it get much harder? Also I played Dark Souls 2 and couldn't get into it, it was way to hard. But people who have finished Souls - Did ye find much difference between it and Bloodborne? Thinking of popping back to Souls after this

I went back to Dark Souls after finishing this and am hooked. Never played it much after atacking an NPC at my first bonfire a couple of years ago and being unable to kill him. I'm now at Blight-town.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

sweetie wrote: »
    I went back to Dark Souls after finishing this and am hooked. Never played it much after atacking an NPC at my first bonfire a couple of years ago and being unable to kill him. I'm now at Blight-town.

Poor Crestfallen Soldier! :P

Prepare to rage quit all over again

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

best of luck you poor b*stard

Poor Crestfallen Soldier!

Prepare to rage quit all over again

Icaras wrote:
    best of luck you poor b*stard

Bring it on!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm gonna need help with these dungeons at some point. I'm looking at you, tok.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'm gonna need help with these dungeons at some point. I'm looking at you, tok.

What level are you?

I must see if I've the right character to help or if I must level up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I'm at the final boss, nearly got them last night but he just got me. Thinking my rifle spear while powerful is not fast enough.

As to the dungeons. Cleared 2. Found the first one really tough but after grinding for the end-fight I sailed through the 2nd dungeon and even found some other chalices. Nice to take a break for a few days just to re-energise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Caved and bought a PS4 and Bloodborne! That will be me sorted for a good while :D

• Advertisement

Before I get started on my journey in the next couple of days, quick question(s).

- I heard Bloodborne requires Playstation Plus for the online play? Is this correct?

- I'm aware there is no shields but does rolling have an invincibility frames like in DS 1 & 2? If so is there a stat that raises this?

- Is there much armor/weapon choices in the game?

Cravez wrote: »
    Before I get started on my journey in the next couple of days, quick question(s).

- I heard Bloodborne requires Playstation Plus for the online play? Is this correct?

- I'm aware there is no shields but does rolling have an invincibility frames like in DS 1 & 2? If so is there a stat that raises this?

- Is there much armor/weapon choices in the game?

I'm not sure

Yes

No. Enough to mix it up but nowhere near as many as Souls. There's no ****e weapons this time around, like broken swords or whatever, every weapon is viable.

Grand, thanks! Have no issues with lesser armor and weapons as only ever used a small variety of either in both Dark Souls 1 & 2. As long as there is enough variety for different builds for an additional playthrough or two i'll be happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

each armour set tends to have better stats against say poison or bolt damage etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

There aren't that many weapons, but the move sets are gigantic.

Enjoying some of the more unique bosses in the chalice dungeons, but they are starting to get a bit monotonous. I've hit the level 3 ones know and the bagmen are nearly one-shotting me with a kick.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

ziggyman17 wrote: »

Did you beat him? Can give you a bit of advice for the fight if you like:

- Be really patient, couple of hits at a time
    - Kill all the small spiders in each phase before you attack Rom, they are strong to attacks from head on but take lots of damage from the back/side
    - Tonitrus +6 will one hit a small spider from behind and can get Rom below 50% health at the end of phase 1
    - In the subsequent phases just dodge like crazy, even if you can't see Rom or the attacks that are coming, dodge dodge dodge
    - You can tell what attack she's going to use by her body movements
    - Just kill the spiders slowly and carefully one-by-one, then go wail on Rom once they're all dead

Anything in particular you're finding tough? I didn't find the fight unfair I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Just finished it there. Great game. Looking forward to any DLC they might bring out. Now, bring on The Witcher.

I know the trap door in Byrgenwyrth probably leads to the chalice dungeons (going by the in game descriptions and chats with Alfred), but it feels like the perfect location for a DLC entrance.

• Advertisement

- Be really patient, couple of hits at a time - Kill all the small spiders in each phase before you attack Rom, they are strong to attacks from head on but take lots of damage from the back/side - Tonitrus +6 will one hit a small spider from behind and can get Rom below 50% health at the end of phase 1 - In the subsequent phases just dodge like crazy, even if you can't see Rom or the attacks that are coming, dodge dodge dodge - You can tell what attack she's going to use by her body movements - Just kill the spiders slowly and carefully one-by-one, then go wail on Rom once their all dead

Had lots of trouble with this and once I cleared the second go of spiders I was successful too.

Advertisement