Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I know the trap door in Byrgenwyrth probably leads to the chalice dungeons (going by the in game descriptions and chats with Alfred), but it feels like the perfect location for a DLC entrance.

I never knew about this until you mentioned it!

To be honest, I hope it isn't for DLC as I'd prefer a huge open area after all the fights I've had in the more claustrophobic chalice dungeons.

Of course it could lead to an open outdoor area.. it's just that it's going down that would make it seem unlikely :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,399 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Cravez wrote: »
    Caved and bought a PS4 and Bloodborne! That will be me sorted for a good while :D

Get a decent deal?

Kind of angry at myself for missing the ARGOS 400e deal with Mortal Kombat and Bloodbourne a few weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

tok9 wrote: »
    What level are you?

I must see if I've the right character to help or if I must level up :)

I've two lads on 86 and 88.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Any other maniacs attempting a Level 4 run? Haven't played mine in a few weeks but I'd be up for helping someone out whenever.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I've two lads on 86 and 88.

Okay... I may have t level up a bit.

Think I've one character on lvl 67ish and the other is close to lvl170

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I think 86 should be able to summon 67, maybe. Either way, I'll be on this weekend for some dungeon sham killin'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

noodler wrote: »
    Get a decent deal?

Kind of angry at myself for missing the ARGOS 400e deal with Mortal Kombat and Bloodbourne a few weeks back.

Bought it from Adverts and was a good deal. I had contemplated getting the Gamestop deal of PS4 + Bloodborne around Easter (didn't know about Argos deal!) and when I caved I was kicking myself over it I didn't so checked on adverts for anyone selling a PS4 and Bloodborne at reduced cost. At the end of the day, €400-€500 can still be quite alot of money when one game is the sole motivation for it.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I think 86 should be able to summon 67, maybe. Either way, I'll be on this weekend for some dungeon sham killin'.

Awesome.. I've a few games on the fly at the moment so I can hop on whenever really.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Any other maniacs attempting a Level 4 run? Haven't played mine in a few weeks but I'd be up for helping someone out whenever.

I was up until last week, got stuck at Gazza(bypassed the first boss altogether).
    Stopped playing, will go back to it some time.

Would be up for a bit of SL4 co-op though.

F1ngers wrote: »
    I was up until last week, got stuck at Gazza(bypassed the first boss altogether).
    Stopped playing, will go back to it some time.

Would be up for a bit of SL4 co-op though.

I'll probably leave it until after my exams to be honest, I'll get hooked on it. I'll give you a PM whenever I pick it up again, go from there if that's cool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Hi All,

I'm at the end now -
    I have to head down to the tree to meet Germain. I have the 3 umbilical cords.

Quick questions - If I battle him, will I get multiple chances to do so?

If I then take the 3 cords and face the alien boss, will I also have multiple chances to beat him?

After defeating them both (hopefully!) does ng+ begin?

Is NG+ only a little harder or very though compared to the stats of all creatures from 1st playthrough?

Finally, If I let germain kill me, do I get a ng+ run or is the game fully over?

Sorry for the slew of questions!!

Thanks!

sticker wrote: »
    Hi All,

I'm at the end now -
    I have to head down to the tree to meet Germain. I have the 3 umbilical cords.

Quick questions - If I battle him, will I get multiple chances to do so?

If I then take the 3 cords and face the alien boss, will I also have multiple chances to beat him?

After defeating them both (hopefully!) does ng+ begin?

Is NG+ only a little harder or very though compared to the stats of all creatures from 1st playthrough?

Finally, If I let germain kill me, do I get a ng+ run or is the game fully over?

Sorry for the slew of questions!!

Thanks!

I don't know but I assume so

See above

You eat them before
    Germain

Automatically yes

Good bit harder I found

You get an NG+

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Thanks DS - appreciate all your help.

My head is completely wreaked with later dungeons and fancy ng+

Are final bosses very tough? I might take the easy road to ng+ if so.

I think the bottom line is I am reluctant to walk away from this game even though I'm totally exhausted with it after finishing most of main game. But would like a run at regular bosses again with my monster stats now!

I'm looking forward to the next game experience - witcher 3 maybe (I got back into gaming for Bloodborne by buying the PS4.)

2 pretty cool images which are perfect for a phone screen. I was going to link them but they are huge so here's the reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/bloodborne/comments/354bta/painting_of_the_doll/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Uuggggghhh! Dungeons are so so boring. I want to "finish" the game before i move onto another game but its such a struggle.

Wat do?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Here I was a few days ago saying how easy i'm finding the game. An now I'm getting my ass handed to me by Vicar Amelia. Any tips? Should i just move on and come back to her?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Here I was a few days ago saying how easy i'm finding the game. An now I'm getting my ass handed to me by Vicar Amelia. Any tips? Should i just move on and come back to her?

Use the beckoning bell to have someone come help you. Thats what I have been doing for most of the bosses

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

thorbarry wrote: »
    Use the beckoning bell to have someone come help you. Thats what I have been doing for most of the bosses

Ahhh - I thought that was just for chalice dungeons or something. So does the Bell just pull someone from someone else who is in their own game to help you?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

DeclanRe wrote:

Use the fire on your weapon and numbing mist to disable her heal and learn to dodge her big attack. Having stamina to keep attacking with a decent weapon is important too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Ahhh - I thought that was just for chalice dungeons or something. So does the Bell just pull someone from someone else who is in their own game to help you?

Yep, its great. You may be waiting a few minutes for someone to join tho. I was waiting about 10 minutes for someone to help me with another boss. Its well worth it.

Everytime you ring the bell you use 1 insight, if you are low on insight use some madmens knowledge. By now you should have some in your inventory

• Advertisement

Stand back to bait her leap attack. Dodge right and get three hits on. Rinse repeat.

Worked for me at Level 4... Use Molotov's if needed

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

You've been given some good tips but just keep in mind her strongest attacks all seem to come from her right hand, and you can have some luck dodging towards her for some attacks I found.

I found the fight very very tough, dunno how many times she killed me, but stick with it.

Just got through Nightmare Frontier, didn't really like it compared to the other areas in the game to be honest.

Cainhurst next.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Just got the
    true
    ending :)

Not seeing anything wildly different with NG+ except for more difficult enemies. :(
    Does it vary much later or am I just retreading old ground? If retreading I think that's me done so.
    As to the dungeons - cleared 3 or 4. Have to try Lornes (I think). Was surprising meeting one of the bosses down there - gave me a shock as it was a boss that took me ages to kill but I quickly finished them off...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Any good deals on this now? Seems like using the US PS Store trick is the best I've seen thus far ($59.99).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I fu*king hate vicar amelia. It's actually turning me off the game.
    What level should i be to manage the first dungeon roughly? Think i need to farm up a bit

Had to summon help for the first time to beat Martyr Longarius, just totally hit a wall with him. Beat him anyway, got Amygdala yesterday too so making a bit of progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I fu*king hate vicar amelia. It's actually turning me off the game.
    What level should i be to manage the first dungeon roughly? Think i need to farm up a bit

The vic really got to me too.
    Have a look at some YouTube vids.
    Get health to half
    Then start using the lures, can't remember the name but they distract her - odious blood or something similar.
    I think I used a flame enabled weapon at this part but get in get one or two critical hits and get out.
    Use the scenery to keep relatively safe...

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

If I finish the game and go into NG+, are the chalice dungeons NG+ difficulty aswell? Or should I try do the dungeons before I finish. Very near the end but I'm holding off and going through the dungeons

• Advertisement

Hayezer wrote: »
    If I finish the game and go into NG+, are the chalice dungeons NG+ difficulty aswell? Or should I try do the dungeons before I finish. Very near the end but I'm holding off and going through the dungeons

Dungeon difficulty stays the same so it's fine to move on to NG+

Advertisement