Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Started playing there over the weekend. Defeated Clerical Beast, Father G, Blood Starved Beast & Amelia. Roughly how far am I in the game?

Also whats the deal with the chalice rituals? Are they areas where you go to fight monsters and loot?

Also any tips on on defeating the electrified monster in the Yar'ghul area? (if I named the area right)

I'm really, REALLY liking Bloodborne, it's giving me the same feeling as when I first played Dark Souls. You can tell it's a Hidetaka Miyazaki game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

To note, my only gripe with the game is how annoying From Software keep reusing sound assets in all their games. I can see from a cost effective point of view but the deformed crows using the dog sounds from the Dark Souls games and then using the Crow death sounds from Painted World in DS1 just completely broke immersion for me. They used the same crow death sound for another monster but morphed the sound to make it sound deeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Cravez wrote: »
    To note, my only gripe with the game is how annoying From Software keep reusing sound assets in all their games. I can see from a cost effective point of view but the deformed crows using the dog sounds from the Dark Souls games and then using the Crow death sounds from Painted World in DS1 just completely broke immersion for me. They used the same crow death sound for another monster but morphed the sound to make it sound deeper.

There might be more to that than you think. Remember lore is everywhere!

I'd say you might be just about 1/3 of the way through. It's not as big a game as Dark Souls, but some of the areas are really large.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Cravez wrote: »
    Started playing there over the weekend. Defeated Clerical Beast, Father G, Blood Starved Beast & Amelia. Roughly how far am I in the game?

Also whats the deal with the chalice rituals? Are they areas where you go to fight monsters and loot?

Also any tips on on defeating the electrified monster in the Yar'ghul area? (if I named the area right)

I'm really, REALLY liking Bloodborne, it's giving me the same feeling as when I first played Dark Souls. You can tell it's a Hidetaka Miyazaki game.

Are you talking about Paarl? Tbh come back later. You don't need to beat him now. If you really want to get him then try stay under or behind him as much as you can and use the axe. Also Henryks armour set has good bolt resistance, it's a little spoilery so Google how to get it if you don't have it already, you can buy it from the insight shop if you have a certain item in your possession.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭m_hunter

Just platinum it today :)

Soloed all Chalice Dungeon. What a game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

The Byrgenwerth Hunter is ruining my life at the moment :confused: Ive died about 30 times at this stage.

Aside from that its the best game on PS4 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

If I trade this in at Gamestop does anyone know how much store credit I will get?

(PS4 copy)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

If I trade this in at Gamestop does anyone know how much store credit I will get?

(PS4 copy)

dunno about GS but it's 45 cash 50 credit in cex

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

sweetie wrote: »
    dunno about GS but it's 45 cash 50 credit in cex

Sound!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Use the fire on your weapon and numbing mist to disable her heal and learn to dodge her big attack. Having stamina to keep attacking with a decent weapon is important too.

Finally beat her last night - Numbing mist was a great shout! That and staying away from her until she does her massive leap and then rolling away and attacking her back. And Fire!
    Appreciate everyone's help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I just cannot beat vicar amelia. I am on the verge of uninstalling it. I really like it but cannot get past that boss and its having such a negative effect on the game for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    I just cannot beat vicar amelia. I am on the verge of uninstalling it. I really like it but cannot get past that boss and its having such a negative effect on the game for me

You mean not being able to progress any further…. :P

You mean not being able to progress any further…. :P

Yep which in turn is turning me off the game. Ah well

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

What level are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

Just summon help?

Just summon help?

I've summoned help 4 or 5 times at this stage and still no progress. Think im around level 30

I've summoned help 4 or 5 times at this stage and still no progress. Think im around level 30

Might start a game later, I'll be able to help by tomorrow or Tuesday

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just defeated the Blood Starved Beast, summoned help though, and it all worked out in the end, happy days.
    Now for Amelia, bugger
    Some tall dark and gruesome gent is after smearing me all over the cobbles with a giant mace, fecker

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I was doing great until Martyr Logarius, been stuck on him now quite a while and just keep leveling up and up and try and take him down.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just defeated the Blood Starved Beast, summoned help though, and it all worked out in the end, happy days.
    Now for Amelia, bugger
    Some tall dark and gruesome gent is after smearing me all over the cobbles with a giant mace, fecker

Amelia is fairly handy. Much less aggressive than BSB I found.
    Gonzo wrote: »
    I was doing great until Martyr Logarius, been stuck on him now quite a while and just keep leveling up and up and try and take him down.

Currently stuck on him too. Been too busy with work lately to get much time with it and farming for blood vials is causing me to lose interest in continuing with the game now. Especially with the Witcher almost upon us. Might go back to it down the line and get lucky with him.

• Advertisement

Stick tight to Logarius and use i-frames to dodge through his melee attacks.

If you let him keep his distance and magic you're going to get shafted, be super aggressive

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Martyr Logarius is the toughest boss in the game as far as I'm concerned.

Just make sure when he goes beserk that you stop his flying dagger move by hitting the dagger he sticks in the ground.

No way man, its The One Reborn

Isn't it? I can't be the only one who couldn't kill it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Got the one reborn on first proper try, ebriatas and logarious were my toughest foes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Got the one reborn on first proper try, ebriatas and logarious were my toughest foes.

Yep. Ebriatas and Logarious gave me a tougher time than anything else in the game, with Dark Beast Paarl a close third.

Although I did mess up on Elaine's quest line, that hunter fight at the end of it looks pretty tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Lahinchians

No way man, its The One Reborn

Isn't it? I can't be the only one who couldn't kill it :(

Beat him first time. Toughest I faced in my first playthrough was paarl. Took me about 8-9 tries before I finally managed him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Beat One Reborn on my first attempt not knowing i could go upstairs and kill the bell ringers. Found that out on my second playthrough :D

Ebrietas was the only boss i would consider "hard" in the main story. Apparently the hardest bosses in the game are in the dungeons. Have yet to finish them all only getting up as far as Rom. So boring :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

most boss's I got on my 2nd or 3rd try, some of them first time. But Ive fought Martyr Logarius over 10 times now, got close about 3 times, finding him infinitely more difficult than anything else in the game so far, he moves so fast, has huge reach and hits very hard. Constantly rehealing trying to stay alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Shanerygan

I'm always hearing people talking and laughing about how Dark Souls virgins will know nothing about the game and will not survive it or whatever but I have never played a From game in my life and I beat the Blood Starved Beast like a week ago no problem.

I honestly have no idea what im doing with the attributes though. Im just putting points into skill, strength, vitality and rarely much else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

I struggled with her for a very long time, but got lots of advice from here.

1 - She's weak to fire, so make sure you have full stock of molotovs. Save a good few for the last 1/4 of her health - will help get you over the line

2 - Have some numbing mist, and throw it at her every 30-60 secs (6 numbing mist close to where you encounter Amelia - google location), or any time it looks like she is about to heal

3 - Use fire paper if you have any - coats the sword with flame - hurts her a lot

4 - I found standing away from her was quite useful, you'll know what she is going to do then , she has 3 main moves from a distance.
    *She heals herself (numbing mist will stop that)
    *She pounds the ground and sends a shockwave - easy to read and you just need to dodge left or right
    *She lunges forward towards you, you just need to run towards her when you see her leap and roll underneath her, you might think you wont make it, but its very ease to dodge her this way.

5 - Finally - once she gets low on health, you just got to risk it, just go for the kill. Because you may run out of numbing mist (lasts 30 seconds per hit).

Advertisement