Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Shanerygan wrote: »
    I'm always hearing people talking and laughing about how Dark Souls virgins will know nothing about the game and will not survive it or whatever but I have never played a From game in my life and I beat the Blood Starved Beast like a week ago no problem.

From Software's games aren't necessarily difficult, but there is a steep learning curve that rely's heavily on pattern learning to effectively fight mobs and bosses. If you pick up on the patterns early enough then the games themselves become quite easy for you early on. Also the controls are a bit tricky to get used to at first as well, they feel alot like Monster Hunter in a way and you can fall victim to many a death if you don't get used to it.
    Shanerygan wrote: »
    I honestly have no idea what im doing with the attributes though. Im just putting points into skill, strength, vitality and rarely much else.

Vitality and Endurance (Health & Stamina) are always good bets. But I personally prefer Stamina over health to get the extra attacks in and also able to dodge more.

Put more stat points into the skill where your weapon has higher scaling. E.g Kirk Hammer or Ludwig's blade would scale better with Strength whereas Chikage blade scales better with Skill.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I put most of mine into Skill - then Strength.
    Went with the Rifle spear, have it I think +7 or +8.
    Finding now in NG+ it's not exactly the best, finding most enemies a struggle so might start playing with the other attributes and try to upscale some other weapons.

Amelia - I stuck close - used fire paper on my 2ndry cane for the distance attacks and shot when she started healing and ran in. Tough fight but doable with some luck.
    Get good at dodging and pull back to heal every so often - but don't give her an inch for self-healing... The fire whip worked best for me.
    Toughest so far - mmm 2 I never got past - both optional - hunter of hunters & that mage in the castle - just destroyed me. Close to burnout from the farming at that stage so I left them. I think I was around level 50 for Amelia though.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

I'd probably agree with people about Logarius being the toughest, he was the only boss I had to summon help for. I feel like alot of the fight is luck based on wheter he decides to abuse his magic in which case it's much harder. I've had tries where I try to keep close and he would still spam magic lol. Ebrietas had me stuck for a while but I left and leveled up a bit and did it first go.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Its not too wussy of folk having difficulty with certain bosses to summon assistance though, at least you won't uninstall the game in frustration, and the feature wouldn't be implemented if the developer hadn't intended it to be used.
    So far I have had a lot of fun, though my skill at this game isn't on par with the solo boss merchants around here!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Ya exactly. I never understand people who say it's too difficult. You can always summon someone.

I am one of those people though that has to solo all the bosses in my playthrough hence why Martyr Logarius took so long. I was at just about the right level and it really involved learning how to beat him without the parry.

Definitely up their with one of my favourite boss fights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I'm the same. Have to beat all the bosses on my own.

Although I'm trudging through the chalice dungeons at the moment and may look into summoning for that as it's a bit dull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

15 attempts at a boss , an hour crying into my cornflakes and then I summon help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I have to solo all bosses, it would feel wrong otherwise. You haven't cleared a souls game unless you solo'd all bosses

git gud
    come at me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I have to solo all bosses, it would feel wrong otherwise. You haven't cleared a souls game unless you solo'd all bosses

git gud
    come at me

Fite mi on de irn keep m8 1v1 I wud reck u I swer on me nan

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Hayezer wrote: »
    I'd probably agree with people about Logarius being the toughest, he was the only boss I had to summon help for. I feel like alot of the fight is luck based on wheter he decides to abuse his magic in which case it's much harder. I've had tries where I try to keep close and he would still spam magic lol. Ebrietas had me stuck for a while but I left and leveled up a bit and did it first go.

Same for me, had to summon help for M.L. Some of the other bosses took be a lot of tries but totally hit the wall with him. I couldn't get close enough to him to do any damage and in phase 2 he just ruined me.

Got Ebrietas on my third of fourth try which was nice, I'd heard she was really tough.

I think Amelia gave me the most trouble otherwise, probably close to 20 attempts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Ebritras and The One Reborn are the only ones I haven't solo'd. Yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Cleared out the hunters that claim the lamp in the Gaol, gonna fight amygdala or however you spell it next.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

I'm still working my way through up to nightmare of mensis at the moment although have done most of the optional areas so far but only 2 chalice dungeons.

Still enjoying it. I called in help for M.L. Could not be bothered with that runback.. Also for Vicar Amelia was on that one for a while. So far so good with the rest!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

That's great news about the DLC. It's nice to see them concentrate on the core game first and then announce DLC plans.

I need to finish the chalice dungeons and pick up a few items in my NG+ to platinum it. Will get back to it once I've finished Scholar of the First Sin.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I'm done with this until that DLC comes out. Moved on to The Witcher instead.

Oh, and seeing as how we're all talking about it, I solo'd all the bosses. Don't know how, but I did!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Got an extra copy of the Bloodborne strategy guide from amazon, if anyone is interested for a few quid off, pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Could somebody who has not played Dark Souls jump into this or would it be better to start with DS first?

I have a bit of time on my hands soon and I'm trying to decide between Bloodborne/Dark Souls or The Witcher 3. Great choice to have!

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Could somebody who has not played Dark Souls jump into this or would it be better to start with DS first?

I have a bit of time on my hands soon and I'm trying to decide between Bloodborne/Dark Souls or The Witcher 3. Great choice to have!

You could jump into Bloodborne without having played DS, but I'd say the Witcher is probably the most accessible of the three.

They're all great games to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Pac1Man wrote: »

Witcher - easiest to jump into.
    Bloodborne - a great way to introduce yourself to that kind of game - Darksouls 1\2 etc..
    Dark Souls - Hardest to get into - but most rewarding in the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

That's a good synopsis.

Started on Witcher 3 last night.

Coming straight from Bloodborne the controls in Witcher are pure muck. Makes me love Bloodborne even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Keep calling for help and no one shows up.

Have wasted about 6 insight so far today.

Level 44 and stuck on the Rom the annoying spider!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Either I'm getting better or the game is getting easier, I've killed the last 3 bosses easy peasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Witcher - easiest to jump into.
    Bloodborne - a great way to introduce yourself to that kind of game - Darksouls 1\2 etc..
    Dark Souls - Hardest to get into - but most rewarding in the end

I actually don't agree with this. For a Souls novice I think the start of Bloodborne is more difficult than the start of DS.
    DinoRex wrote: »
    Started on Witcher 3 last night.

Coming straight from Bloodborne the controls in Witcher are pure muck. Makes me love Bloodborne even more.

Yeah this is fair enough but in Bloodborne the combat is everything, if it was poor the game just falls on its face, so not really comparing like with like imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I actually don't agree with this. For a Souls novice I think the start of Bloodborne is more difficult than the start of DS.

Disagree. Strongly. DS is much more confusing. Why am I undead when I was alive a minute ago? Why do I have half health? What is kindling a bonfire? How do I use humanity and what does it do? Why does my broken sword do 2 damage to that massive asylum demon?

Bloodborne has none of that and the game does a much better job of explaining its mechanics to you. Not to mention the fact that the first 30 minutes of bloodborne is one way....essentially a corridor up until the cleric beast bridge where it branches. You cant go the wrong way. Firelink is a complete maze for a novice and tons of people have no clue where to go.

For a souls novice, bloodborne is much more forgiving.

I don't know. I also thought to myself when I started Bloodborne that it was a more difficult start.

Fair enough you'll probably die at the beginning of DS too but once you realise you go past the boss there is nothing else to the beginning.

Kirby wrote: »
    Disagree. Strongly. DS is much more confusing. Why am I undead when I was alive a minute ago? Why do I have half health? What is kindling a bonfire? How do I use humanity and what does it do? Why does my broken sword do 2 damage to that massive asylum demon?

Bloodborne has none of that and the game does a much better job of explaining its mechanics to you. Not to mention the fact that the first 30 minutes of bloodborne is one way....essentially a corridor up until the cleric beast bridge where it branches. You cant go the wrong way. Firelink is a complete maze for a novice and tons of people have no clue where to go.

For a souls novice, bloodborne is much more forgiving.

Yep. Dark Souls was utterly bewildering and I first played it when it came out there wasn't much info out there. The humanity and kindling stuff is very hard to grasp. I got to the Undead Parish and then didn't come back to the game for a year. I had watched one of Matt Lees videos and finally realised how the mechanics worked and I'd now say it's one of my favourite games of all time, I even prefer it to Bloodborne.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

New PS4, dying to play Bloodbourne. Start it up... 2.7gb update. In rural Galway. 3 hours more. Probably should've started with The Witcher until I move to Dublin next week and get faster internet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

You can start ahead without waiting for that update, in the early stages you won't see huge differences and it should keep downloading while you play...

Advertisement