Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

It's not, but there is a shortcut to the lamp right after the cannon guy, him and maybe three more enemies before the shortcut?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

With regard to the cannon I killed him first time by zig zagging up towards him using the houses as cover, just kill the inhabitants as you enter, they are handy once you know they are there.
    Eventually you will be right next to the gunner and can eliminate him easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Thanks guys finally got to the shortcut last night, was literally right after that cannon, typical! Another thing to really like about this game, despite the difficulty and huge distances between checkpoints it does try to be fair and rewards you with shortcuts when it's feeling like a chore.

I think I may be suffering by trying to upgrade all my stats equally - do most people try to level up with emphasis on all the stats (strength, endurance etc.) at a similar level or is it better to ignore some of the others in favour of health and something else? Same with weapons, I have them all around level 5, maybe I should have ignored some and made my Kirkhammer or Holy Blade more powerful...
    I never really play RPGs, stats and numbers usually bore me.

Don't upgrade them equally. Pick a Saw weapon you like, and a Steel weapon you like and upgrade the stats they scale with.

Saw weapons do extra damage to beasts and steel to humans.

Jack of all trades is the master of none was never truer than in Bloodborne/Souls

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Saw weapons do extra damage to beasts and steel to humans.

Never knew that and I completed the game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

That Darkbeast fecker just fell to my mighty blade, and incredible amounts of luck.
    Just kept underneath and hacked away at the gits legs!

I bloody hate Martyr Logarius :(

At least 15 tries against him now and I just cannot get him past the last 25% of his health. Summoned random help 3 times and they were all worse than useless and died in the first minute.

When he sets that thing up shooting at me and starts to get really aggressive he can 2 shot kill me, and I never have enough time to get away and heal. Really frustrating now, first time I'm starting to get fed up. I'm level 60+ with over 30 vitality, I wouldnt have thought he should be out of my league by now.

Any suggestions for what armour to wear, or best weapon? My most upgraded weapons at the moment are the axe, kirkhammer and ludwigs blade all around +6

:(

Love this game, despite being mangled by Martyr Logarius so many times, finally managed to beat him with co-op help after another 10+ defeats - then in the same sitting, go on to beat Amagdyla on the second try and Rom on first(!) try both solo.
    Easily the most rewarding game I've ever played.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Love this game, despite being mangled by Martyr Logarius so many times, finally managed to beat him with co-op help after another 10+ defeats - then in the same sitting, go on to beat Amagdyla on the second try and Rom on first(!) try both solo.
    Easily the most rewarding game I've ever played.

Martyr Logarius was one of the bosses I could never beat solo. Well done on Rom, found him a barsteward until I learned patience!

sweetie wrote: »
    Martyr Logarius was one of the bosses I could never beat solo. Well done on Rom, found him a barsteward until I learned patience!

Rom the fecking trolling b@stard more like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

Was thinking of buying this, it would be my first, never played any bloodbourne or any of the Dark souls so id be totally green, would it be worth getting? looking for a long game to put a lot of time into.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Yeah, well worth it. I didn't really click with any of the Souls games, but found this one much more accessible.

Was thinking of buying this, it would be my first, never played any bloodbourne or any of the Dark souls so id be totally green, would it be worth getting? looking for a long game to put a lot of time into.

I never played any of the previous games either, I don't even play RPGs generally and I absolutely love bloodborne. Couldn't recommend it enough.

I would recommend reading some guides and wikis as you play through the game, there's so much info, plot details, items and even whole levels that I'd have missed if I wasn't reading online. Even whole gameplay mechanics go unexplained in the actual game.
    What I do is after Ive played an area I go back and read a walkthrough or watch a YouTube video for the area so I see if I've missed anything, that way I don't spoil the first play through for myself but do get to go back and see things I otherwise would have totally missed.

Fantastic game, not much like the Soils aside from the fact that it's unforgiving. Didn't find it controller smashing difficult myself.

Worth a shot, still probably the only game worth owning a PS4 for

Finally, after some two weeks, defeated Rom the Vacuous Spider.
    What an @sshole she is...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

I killed her last weekend (with help...), the next area is an absolute bastard. Gonna launch back into it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Thank you for playing Bloodborne.
    The server will undergo maintenance at the date and time below.
    During this time, Online Mode will be unavailable.
    We apologise in advance for any inconvenience caused.

07/13/2015:
    02:00 - 07:00 (EDT)
    01:00 - 06:00 (CDT)
    00:00 - 05:00 (MDT)
    06:00 - 11:00 (GMT)

07/12/2015:
    23:00 - 04:00 (PDT)

Update 1.05 will be released right after the server maintenance.
    The details on the update are as follows.

-If a player uses the Beckoning Bell or Small Resonant Bell while using a password, it will be clearly indicated that a password is in use.
    -If the level difference between the host and the guest when matched using a password is large, the guest's stats will be adjusted to match the host's.
    -Other bug fixes and matching improvements.

Now that's more like it. Sounds like there isn't a level cap anymore in co op and that stats are adjusted.

I've entered the following lovely holiday spots since introducing Rom to Prey Slaughtered-sville,
    Nightmare Frontier
    Cainhurst Castle
    and
    Yahar'gul, Unseen Village

Wow,
    What a kip

Honestly, I'd love to see their holiday brochures.

Chime maidens are not nice,
    I have developed a dislike for them and their habits of buffing the enemy and raising them from the dead, frankly it's not sporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Ebrietas now is the bane of my life. Don't think I've got her down much past half way at any stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Ebrietas now is the bane of my life. Don't think I've got her down much past half way at any stage.

Oh, so you haven't got to the hard part of that fight yet? Ehehehhehehe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Playing for hours now. Can't even beat a troll. Levelled up 10 times but I can't seem to find armor or weapons. The very start too. Losing it here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Playing for hours now. Can't even beat a troll. Levelled up 10 times but I can't seem to find armor or weapons. The very start too. Losing it here

What troll? There's one near the start that should be avoided. Where are you exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I assume you died already. Go back to the hunters dream and on the stairs leading up the the house there are a selection of weapons

Practise parrying the troll things, I was at the end game before I could comfortably beat them without parries.

Armor and weapons are rare too, there's only a little bit of stuff.

If you're stuck on an enemy, just run, bosses are the only ones you have to fight

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Got as far as Gascoigne. Nearly had him. Not a hope of me getting that cleric beast dead, not one hope. Rang the bell for help but nada happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

Got as far as Gascoigne. Nearly had him. Not a hope of me getting that cleric beast dead, not one hope. Rang the bell for help but nada happened

can sometimes take a while for help to arrive,be patient young padawan.Also there are plenty of youtube videos that can help if you get stuck

Fighting Trolls is good training for other enemies.
    Helps to get the hang of side stepping and dodging attacks.
    The one you're at you can creep up to and smack with an R2 attack before he turns, after that just dodge and roll.
    Tbh I think the point of him being so early is to provide the training,
    Don't lose heart though, you are supposed to die, and learn a little more each time.
    For easy points try
    Smashing the stuff at the railings in the area with the troll, you'll here the sounds of a party in the adjacent house, drop through the gap and kill the dogs there, it leads to a great area full of easy kills and lots of blood for improving your character

• I got back into this for a few hours after nearly a 2 month long hiatus, was trying to get back into the flow of things as I have yet to complete the game.

From where I left off I finally Killed the Hunter in the building area near the Forbidden woods and managed to kill the worm thing in the water (****ing annoying).

I'm stuck at the part where those bastards keep re-spawning. I have noticed straight away in this area that the difficulty and the amount of damage I'm taking has increased significantly. Figured out you need to kill the woman with the bell but still it's a bit of a maze at the moment.

I absolutely love how the setting has changed
    with the purple sky / big monsters on all the building.

I'm just past that stuff now, currently yahar'gul and getting beaten into a reddish mousse by three hunters.

• Advertisement

• CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm just past that stuff now, currently yahar'gul and getting beaten into a reddish mousse by three hunters.
    Do you mind me asking how?? :p
    I'm struggling with the three hunters in this section they do massive damage

Advertisement