Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking how?? :p
    I'm struggling with the three hunters in this section they do massive damage

How what?
    So far I'm just running past, classic big wuss technique in Bloodborne!
    I'll get back to them eventually, but for now they can wait.
    I did run to the right just out the door past them and only one followed, probably make the overall battle easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Do you mind me asking how?? :p
    I'm struggling with the three hunters in this section they do massive damage

This bit was a right disaster for me too.

You can easily get a visceral attack on the guy that is standing in the middle of the room before he notices you, Just need to get him before the one behind starts attacking.

I beat them by concentrating on doing damage to just one at a time, once you kill one he doesn't respawn so if you die after killing one you have less to contend with the next time.
    Run back up the way you came towards the lamp while fighting them too rather than just trying to engage in the big hall, better terrain to try and split them up and avoid the magic attack.

I'm stuck at the end of the game
    and the fight with Gehrman. He's just making mince meat of me. Is it just me or are his attacks just impossible to dodge?!

I ignored the chalice dungeons until I was almost finished the game. When I do beat the last boss will I still be able to play the chalice dungeons with all my items and weapons intact or does everything reset except your level?

• Well then just completed the game with some help I admit...what a game though. Game of the year easily for me so far.
    Looking forward to new game plus and new character play through. Not to mention the dungeons. So much game. So little time.
    I have to admit the game is so much better than any of the souls games in my opinion.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I can't seem to find the time to play anything else but Bloodborne at the moment.
    I need to get it finished, everything else is so neglected!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    I can't seem to find the time to play anything else but Bloodborne at the moment. I need to get it finished, everything else is so neglected!

I hear ye, 120 hrs into dark souls 2 over the last month, nothing else touched...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Absolutely craving a game of Bloodborne now, gonna go straight into it when I'm home.

Played it the least of any of Froms games

Just bumped The One Reborn, a bit easy wasn't he/she/it?
    I did on the third go.
    Bolt weapon, smackedy smack, run away, repeat.

• Just realized I missed an entire area on my first play-through. Been doing some research so I'm going to try and get the to the
    castle
    on newgame+ or just new character. Not sure yet.

Finally beat the last boss, can't believe it's over, really didn't want it to end :(

One of the most engrossing video games I've played in a long time. Almost disappointed I found all areas and bosses the first time through, no real immediate incentives to replay the game.
    Really disappointed that I'm finding the chalice dungeons really rather boring and annoying. Done a few depths of the Pthuermemthrthurthu chalices, any reason to persevere with the others or is it just more of the same with increasing difficulty?
    Time to move on to Batman sadly.

That Mensis area is a pig, lots of Run Awaaaay! going on!
    Those armoured lady executioner types are all kinds of arse-ness.

• Advertisement

Finally beat the last boss, can't believe it's over, really didn't want it to end :(

One of the most engrossing video games I've played in a long time. Almost disappointed I found all areas and bosses the first time through, no real immediate incentives to replay the game.
    Really disappointed that I'm finding the chalice dungeons really rather boring and annoying. Done a few depths of the Pthuermemthrthurthu chalices, any reason to persevere with the others or is it just more of the same with increasing difficulty?
    Time to move on to Batman sadly.

Well, there's DLC and Dark Souls 3 to look forward too!
    And have you cleared the Souls' titles?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Well, there's DLC and Dark Souls 3 to look forward too!
    And have you cleared the Souls' titles?

No, haven't played any previous From games.
    I must admit that looking at Dark Souls 2 videos online, the game looks really cartoony or something, seems very old visually. Real back step from the incredible visuals and atmosphere of Bloodborne. It's definitely on my list to go back to though.

For anyone that has played both, how does The Witcher 3 compare to Bloodborne?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I must admit that looking at Dark Souls 2 videos online, the game looks really cartoony or something, seems very old visually. Real back step from the incredible visuals and atmosphere of Bloodborne. It's definitely on my list to go back to though.

You can't compare them really, two completely different games

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Bloodborne was my first proper attempt at a From game (I owned Demons and Dark souls but never gave them a proper try as the 'difficulty' put me off.) I've since completed and loved DS1 and 2. Both different and both excellent and at least twice as big as Bloodborne. The graphics on DS1 took a while to appreciate but on Ps4 I think Shadow of the first sin looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Are you actually supposed to just run through Nightmare of Mensis or what's the story? I kept getting some sort of red arrow things fired into me from all directions and at the same time getting attacked by massive beasts. So I ended up just legging it from the first lamp straight to the second without stopping.

Are you actually supposed to just run through Nightmare of Mensis or what's the story? I kept getting some sort of red arrow things fired into me from all directions and at the same time getting attacked by massive beasts. So I ended up just legging it from the first lamp straight to the second without stopping.

You get attacked by those frenzy arrow things when in the line of sight of the glowing window in the castle. So yes, once you kill the wolf things or avoid them just continue on your way. You'll get out of its line of sight for good once you cross the little bridge after the first lamp.

You get attacked by those frenzy arrow things when in the line of sight of the glowing window in the castle. So yes, once you kill the wolf things or avoid them just continue on your way. You'll get out of its line of sight for good once you cross the little bridge after the first lamp.

I ran like a great big jessie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

What's with the small blue "gents" as all the notes call them? They don't attack me but all the notes are telling me to! They so harmless...

As soon as you engage with the larger enemy downstairs, they start assaulting you.
    They are not terrible on their own but with so many they'll obstruct the fight and get enough hours in to screw up your main objective.

Absolutely craving a game of Bloodborne now, gonna go straight into it when I'm home.

Played it the least of any of Froms games

3gb of PS4 and Bloodborne updates :(

Maybe tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Went back to Bloodbourne the last few days, great to see the load times are now so much better. However it's so hard going back after playing Dark Souls 2 SotFS. The framerate is terrible and not even consistent and the frame pacing issue is very noticable. I've kind of gotten used to it now. At Gascoigne and having far more trouble than the first time I beat him, Should have went for the saw cleaver rather than the threaded cane.

Decided to play anyways. Got Depth 4 Chalice Rom down to ~30% and then killed regular Fr. Gas on NG+

Went as far as Old Yarnham before the framerate and loading times made me quit.

I'm still on Ver.1.0 it seems :pac:

• Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Went back to Bloodbourne the last few days, great to see the load times are now so much better. However it's so hard going back after playing Dark Souls 2 SotFS. The framerate is terrible and not even consistent and the frame pacing issue is very noticable. I've kind of gotten used to it now. At Gascoigne and having far more trouble than the first time I beat him, Should have went for the saw cleaver rather than the threaded cane.
    I picked this for my second playthorugh. I actually find it great for crowd control and killing the hoards I found is far easier but I suppose I haven't met the first boss yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Still on the first zone. Now at level 22 so progress. Every time I think I've covered the map I seem to stumble somewhere unfamiliar. Some woman is asking me for safety now, only interaction I've had bar killing

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I picked this for my second playthorugh. I actually find it great for crowd control and killing the hoards I found is far easier but I suppose I haven't met the first boss yet...

Yeah seems a bit better with crowd control. Beginning to like the threaded cane now. The heavy attacks do much better damage than normal attacks. The cane version is nice and quick so it very usable in combos while the whip version has awful wind up but does great damage. Learning that has meant my only complaint of poor damage output is moot. Still kind of like how technical the saw blade was. A lot of the functions like crowd control can only be carried out mid combo which made it challenging but satisfying to use.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Went back to Bloodbourne the last few days....

Is that near Ashbourne?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

So finished this yesterday afternoon. I found the last two bosses to be fairly easy killing them both on the second attempt.
    Over all a great game but not quite up there with the experiences I had with Demons Souls and Dark Souls. I found it to be more of a straight forward action game that never really went off in unexpected directions like the previous games did.
    Demons Souls for me is still my favourite, I'd never played any kind of RPG before it and It was a real trial by fire for that genre for me. I'll never forget standing before the gates of The Boletarian castle with a crappy sword and sheild in hand and thinking Sheeeite, but i took my time and slowly battled my way through the world and loved every minute of it.

That being said I've jumped straight back into Bloodborne and want to get the other two endings. Am I right in thinking that there are two alternative bosses at the end or have i picked this up wrong. Who is the woman in white standing outside final boss battle?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

You would think i would have learned after playing a few of these games but here's the list of things to do before you start NG+ and I've done very few of them before starting

. What I have done is

Upgraded all weapons
    Found and used the blood rock
    Defeated all great ones
    Defeated Mother Brain
    Visited all optional areas

I'm really not sure about the quest lines
    How much of a set back is this for my NG?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

I'm a Bloodborne newbie (and a FromSoft newbie too actually) so this may seem like a silly question.

I've been stuck on Vicar Amelia so I decided to go elsewhere for a bit and defeat other bosses. While I've done that, my insight meter has been rising and its now reached 15. I've noticed enemies have gotten tougher to beat as my insight has been going up. Is this the case for bosses too? i.e do they become tougher to beat as your insight rises? If so, I'm royally fcuked.

• Advertisement

You can spend insight, and ringing the Beckoning Bell uses one point of it.

Every 15 insight enemies gain new attacks, I haven't seen it with bosses

Advertisement