Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

noodler wrote:
    I know everyone goes through this with a souls game but im losing the will here.

Have you got the tiny music box that disrupts him? When he transformed I led him to top of the stairs and managed to evade him and kill him there

• Registered Users Posts: 26,399 ✭✭✭✭noodler

sweetie wrote: »
    Have you got the tiny music box that disrupts him? When he transformed I led him to top of the stairs and managed to evade him and kill him there

I'd that papa gazza or cleric Beast?

noodler wrote:
    I'd that papa gazza or cleric Beast?

Oops, gazza. Cleric beast wasn't too bad I thought.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

noodler wrote: »
    I know everyone goes through this with a souls game but im losing the will here.

Level 15.

Weapon +2.

20 bullets used on cleric and one stun.

He managed to practically one shot me when I had him down to the last 1/8 health and I've to go farming for bullets and vials before I face him again.

Getting sick of the area I'm farming.

Ring the fecking bell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

And I finished, I'm pleased as punch. I did the 'hard' ending, since I figure I should save the easier ones for NG+

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, I decided to have another crack at the Upper Cathedral Ward and just ran like a complete b@stard through the wolves, past the brainsucking feckers and butchered the ones up top before opening the shortcut, within minutes I had the celestial emissary in my sights and got trounced, very embarrassing indeed.
    But still, off to Mergo and Co. Happy days.

cloud493 wrote: »
    And I finished, I'm pleased as punch. I did the 'hard' ending, since I figure I should save the easier ones for NG+

Well done, I hope to get any ending soon, freeing me up to play everything else that's gone unplayed since this came into my life.
    Yoshi, Kirby, Zelda, a ton of stuff on the PS4, PS3 and even the SNES, all gone unplayed since this hunting persona took over.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Ring the fecking bell!

What's this now?

What's this now?

for coop play (like in DS) think you buy it with insight from the skeletons at the hub place.

I had a bumper day today.
    I chose poorly and am fighting the first hunter at the moment with no chance of beating him, as I suck and he's really good.
    I battered that big eejit Celestial Emissary around the place.
    I got battered by the boss who is hiding out the back there.
    I also have conquered Cainhurst... at least as far as the bosses doorstep.... sure there's a battering awaiting me there too.
    So, to sum up, more batter than an Edenmore chipper!

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    I had a bumper day today. I chose poorly and am fighting the first hunter at the moment with no chance of beating him, as I suck and he's really good. I battered that big eejit Celestial Emissary around the place. I got battered by the boss who is hiding out the back there. I also have conquered Cainhurst... at least as far as the bosses doorstep.... sure there's a battering awaiting me there too. So, to sum up, more batter than an Edenmore chipper!

3 hardest bosses in the game for me bar the shadows. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Havent played in a while. So the first boss I met was shadow of yharnam. Killed boss in third try. Technically forth, but I dont count it as even a try as when I got in to area, they all ganged on me and just stomped me in less then 15 seconds... I dont know mechanics for this boss, but I figured one thing:
    Kill the fecker who drops fire balls first!

Then I got in to the new area and first hunter I met there, just makes me want to roll up in the corner and cry. He is a dick...

Got that damn hunter!!! After like 10th time...

Just got Rom too... What an asshole of the boss. Kind off easy, but depends on a luck and
    grouping of Spiders

Enough of bloodborne for today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Man, every time i see this thread bumped to the top i check it in the hope that the DLC has been announced. I wish they would hurry up already :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

New game plus is real easy, I'm enjoying it a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

cloud493 wrote: »
    New game plus is real easy, I'm enjoying it a lot.

That's what they all say

Next area after you kill Rom... Fecking hate it. Respawning enemies are just pain in a hole. Then got in to area ( was there before ) and now it has 3 hunters that you need to fight at the same time... So far my tactic for that area is just run pass to next "bonfire".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I've lost my Bloodborne skillz.
    Went back to it recently (after playing through Scholar of the First Sin) and I'm struggling so hard. Getting my ar$e handed to me by Father Gasc in NG+ :mad:

Well, that's that.
    Finished the main game, left out a optional boss or two :(
    In the end I got some assistance with the first hunter and they stuck around for the Moon Presence but, for the latter at least, there was no need as she was very very easy at that point.
    But, at least now I can move on to some of the other games in my collection that have gone unplayed for the last few months, though I've a feeling they will all pale compared to Bloodborne.
    Roll on the DLC!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

You haven't finished until you beat the final boss in the chalice dungeons :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

I went to the effort of finding 3 umbilical cords and thought I was great, thought I'd earned the good ending. Little did I know you actually have to consume them, was furious to say the least.

I went to the effort of finding 3 umbilical cords and thought I was great, thought I'd earned the good ending. Little did I know you actually have to consume them, was furious to say the least.

Lots of merit in tuning in to the various sites devoted to the game, not only in strategies and assistance when stuck but in gathering all the lore and functions in the game, it's such a dense game, it's designed for a collaborative approach in both gameplay and research, a wonderful experience and in my top 5 gaming experiences of all time.

Downed cleric Beast finally.

I think it's a horrible fight. The rules seem undefined. If it's possible to stun him I never managed it and there was feck all reward.

Got Father Gascoigne easily enough then. Really enjoyed that one. The music, the fact the rules were clear regarding stunning him, his voice..everything.

Probably overlevelled but there we go.

In old Yarnham now got to the top of the tower with the gattling gun guy but he destroyed me.

Is that my next Port of call post-gazza or should I just focus on him?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

In old Yarnham now got to the top of the tower with the gattling gun guy but he destroyed me.

Is this after you just beat Rom?

he's optional, keep exploring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SpaceSasqwatch

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Is this after you just beat Rom?

iirc old yarnham is at the start after you kill father gascoigne

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

iirc old yarnham is at the start after you kill father gascoigne

Yep - you're completely right. Getting that mixed up with Yahar'gul.
    You can ignore him, but Killing him will get you access to his weapons through the Powder Keg Hunter Badge he drops. So id advise going to him at some stage

He's easy to back off the tower, the eejit

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    He's easy to back off the tower, the eejit

Sadly when I did this his loot is now in an ungettable position.

Would saving and reloading possibly solve this like in previous souls games?

Advertisement