Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Lemlin wrote: »
    What's the deal with saving? I'm getting sick of having to replay areas when I die. Haven't found a save spot since the initial one near Gilbert's window.

There isn't another for a good while. As you progress you should be able to open shortcuts back to it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

What's the deal with saving? I'm getting sick of having to replay areas when I die. Haven't found a save spot since the initial one near Gilbert's window.

It's in the pause menu...:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

There isn't another for a good while. As you progress you should be able to open shortcuts back to it

I see what you mean now about the shortcuts. I've played about two hours now and am really enjoying it. I reached the Cleric Beast this morning.

Some would probably be surprised by that after two hours of play but I'm taking my time, doing a lot of exploring. I don't buy a lot of games so tend to move slowly through those I do!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

I see what you mean now about the shortcuts. I've played about two hours now and am really enjoying it. I reached the Cleric Beast this morning.

Some would probably be surprised by that after two hours of play but I'm taking my time, doing a lot of exploring. I don't buy a lot of games so tend to move slowly through those I do!

Sounds about right for this game. Its not something you can rush through!

Is buying new gear at the fountain in Hunters Dream the only way to upgrade?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,413 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

No armour is better than the other. All the armours are balanced and have certain strengths and weaknesses. I kind of hated that about the fame. Only way to really upgrade is upgrading stats by talking to the doll or upgrading your weapon which is far more effective. There's not a whole lot of RPG elements in this game unlike dark souls, I'd even be hard pushed to call it a RPG. It's the same with weapons they don't really offer many benefits over each other and should be chosen based on the fighting style you prefer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    No armour is better than the other. All the armours are balanced and have certain strengths and weaknesses..

Thats not strictly true. There are 2 sets that are the "best" for about 95% of your encounters and you find them both early. Their names escape me but I'm sure google would have the answer.

As I recall, their only weakness is a shockingly low Frenzy resistance, but they have above average resistances in every other category.....so they arent really balanced as they are simply better than everything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Expansion has been announced. Nov 24th release date. Cant wait!

ZWCGKhw.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Looks like there are new weapons.

1442302055-bloodborne2.gif

I wonder will it be a changing up of enemy placements & bosses like in Dark Souls 2, Scholar of the First Sin, with the DLC as a new area in the main game world.

No armour is better than the other. All the armours are balanced and have certain strengths and weaknesses. I kind of hated that about the fame. Only way to really upgrade is upgrading stats by talking to the doll or upgrading your weapon which is far more effective. There's not a whole lot of RPG elements in this game unlike dark souls, I'd even be hard pushed to call it a RPG. It's the same with weapons they don't really offer many benefits over each other and should be chosen based on the fighting style you prefer.

Cheers for the tip. Discovered I could upgrade with the doll this morning after you said this. I might just replay a few areas to get some blood echoes from killing people and do some levelling up before I fight the Cleric Beast.

It's a fooker though that even the simplest enemy can sometimes kill you. Always playing on the edge because you'll lose whatever blood echoes you have stored.

Where do I upgrade my weapon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Cheers for the tip. Discovered I could upgrade with the doll this morning after you said this. I might just replay a few areas to get some blood echoes from killing people and do some levelling up before I fight the Cleric Beast.

It's a fooker though that even the simplest enemy can sometimes kill you. Always playing on the edge because you'll lose whatever blood echoes you have stored.

Where do I upgrade my weapon?

At the work bench in the chapel in the area with the doll, on the right hand side.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,413 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Think the cleric beast is tough, wait until you meet the second boss :pac:

Think the cleric beast is tough, wait until you meet the second boss :pac:

I only went into the Cleric Beast once. Tried to run back out and discovered I couldn't!

Have to say I'm really enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Finally the DLC :pac: Looks to be 5-6 new weapons unless i counted some of the alternative modes. Coming out pretty soon at that can't wait, maybe ill finish all the chalice dungeons this time :D

Father Gascoigne is no more. Took a good few attempts to get past him though.

You're making good progress and tempting me to go back and finish my second run, which I was doing with the help of a guide so as to complete all quest lines, and I still managed to F one up! It was a bit disheartening.:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

weiland79 wrote: »
    You're making good progress and tempting me to go back and finish my second run, which I was doing with the help of a guide so as to complete all quest lines, and I still managed to F one up! It was a bit disheartening.:(

How did you mess it up?

I would have thought I'm moving slowly enough. Enjoying it though. I think spending the time levelling up a bit has really helped.

I was also using the Saw Cleaver extended all of the time at the start. I'm now finding it's a far more effective weapon in its shorter form.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,399 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I only went into the Cleric Beast once. Tried to run back out and discovered I couldn't!

Have to say I'm really enjoying it.

Found Gascoigne so much easier than cleric.

Cleric's hit boxes etc seemed random. It was not clear why I died most of the time.

Gazza is a great fight. Clearly defined rules.

noodler wrote: »
    Found Gascoigne so much easier than cleric.

Cleric's hit boxes etc seemed random. It was not clear why I died most of the time.

Gazza is a great fight. Clearly defined rules.

I used Molotovs a lot on the Cleric. Made it a lot easier. Also used them on Father Gascoigne but he was tougher as he moved a lot faster.

I'm in Old Yarnham now and this machine gun is getting very annoying!

• Advertisement

I used Molotovs a lot on the Cleric. Made it a lot easier. Also used them on Father Gascoigne but he was tougher as he moved a lot faster.

I'm in Old Yarnham now and this machine gun is getting very annoying!

He's not too bad and pretty easy to kill when you get to him.

There is a way to avoid having to fight him at all and talk to him and he'll still give you his items

How did you mess it up?[/QUOT

It's been a few weeks so i'm a bit hazy but it was the Eilleen the crow quest and I didn't kill someone for her so she came at me in the cathederal.
    Fairly gutted cause I'll have to finish it and start again.

He's not too bad and pretty easy to kill when you get to him.

I got to the bottom of the area and fought one man and killed him. I then took the ladder to the roof where the gunner was. I started fighting him but he fell off the roof while we were fighting. No sign of him since and now when I restart that section, if killed etc., there's no gunner. Is that the correct way it should be?

I'm now at the blood starved beast or something. It's very hard. Spent a while this morning getting some blood echoes to buy antidotes and blood vials so will try him again this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Yeah he doesn't respawn.

Bring Antidotes and Flame Paper to the BSB I'd you can

Yeah he doesn't respawn.

Bring Antidotes and Flame Paper to the BSB I'd you can

I have some flame paper. Do I use it on its own or with molotovs?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Lemlin wrote:
    I have some flame paper. Do I use it on its own or with molotovs?

Seperate, apply it to your blade.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I got to the bottom of the area and fought one man and killed him. I then took the ladder to the roof where the gunner was. I started fighting him but he fell off the roof while we were fighting. No sign of him since and now when I restart that section, if killed etc., there's no gunner. Is that the correct way it should be?

He nearly always falls off there for everyone. Awful AI pathing.It's a bit of a running joke.

Be sure to go back up where you fought him....you want his loot and if he falls off the item spawns back up on the tower. :)

You can summon help from an NPC for bsb if you've met certain criteria.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

You can summon help from an NPC for bsb if you've met certain criteria.

Just dont go try fighting those stupid enemies lying down by the perimeter of the courtyard before going in to fight the beast.
    When I summoned the dolt he got stuck in a corner trying to fight those yokes and he died almost instantly. The moron. :pac:

Advertisement