Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

How is this Bloodborne dlc going to work?
    I finished the game and am on new game + but, when I buy the dlc will I be locked into the higher difficulty of the + game for the new areas?
    Should I start the whole thing anew from scratch?
    A little help here, how did it work on previous Soul's titles?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

If you were NG+, so was the DLC

Start again when it's out I reckon, or do so now and stop after the Wet Nurse

• Registered Users Posts: 26,399 ✭✭✭✭noodler

If you were NG+, so was the DLC

Start again when it's out I reckon, or do so now and stop after the Wet Nurse

Wet nurse is exactly who I made it to today. Haven't gotten down to half health yet but fairly standard moveset.

Huge HP though. Can only seem to get one hit at a time so we initially strikes me as a short boss fight.

Did I get the ghost bride woman outside the boss arena matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I read it was in the first half if the game. Surely Wet nurse is nearer the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Took me ages, but I played it safe with a few hits here and there

Murdered the ghost woman too :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I read that the DLC is self contained with a new character so NG+ etc wont matter.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,413 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

noodler wrote: »
    Wet nurse is exactly who I made it to today. Haven't gotten down to half health yet but fairly standard moveset.

Huge HP though. Can only seem to get one hit at a time so we initially strikes me as a short boss fight.

Did I get the ghost bride woman outside the boss arena matter?

Before you kill the wet nurse which puts you at the end of the game I'd recommend you read up on how to get to cainhurst castle, if you've not completed it, which is a big optional area that is missable and has a pretty cool and tough boss fight.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I was very impressed with Cainhurst beautiful and another way that the developers created original content for areas that most people will never see.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Finally managed to kill the Blood Starved Beast. Thought I'd never get there. Toughest boss to date IMO.

I think I was over complicating things in my approach to him. I kept using different tactics like molotovs. Turns out when I just went for him I got the better of him.

Unsure where to go next but the man in the wheelchair in Hunters Dream or whatever it's called told me to go to Oedon Church so I did.

Got killed though and entered a dream sequence and now I seem to be in some nightmare place where some of the enemies are very tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Lemlin wrote: »
    Finally managed to kill the Blood Starved Beast. Thought I'd never get there. Toughest boss to date IMO.

I think I was over complicating things in my approach to him. I kept using different tactics like molotovs. Turns out when I just went for him I got the better of him.

Unsure where to go next but the man in the wheelchair in Hunters Dream or whatever it's called told me to go to Oedon Church so I did.

Got killed though and entered a dream sequence and now I seem to be in some nightmare place where some of the enemies are very tough.

Turned out to be one of my favourite areas in the game, tough enemies but the boss is easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Started the Chalice dungeons in anger last night. I assume i just run through each one, and create a new dungeon with the chalice i find in the previous one ya?
    I've beaten all bosses in the main game so should have all the ingredients for Ailing Loran and Isz.

Just need 2 items (beast Claw, a fancy blood gem) then if I defeat the Chalice final boss I'll get my platinum.

weiland79 wrote: »
    Turned out to be one of my favourite areas in the game, tough enemies but the boss is easy.

I legged it from it. The enemies were proving too tough so went back to Hunter's Dream after I robbed a few items. Will go back later when I've levelled up more.

I can see the new path at the Cathedral Ward that I am supposed to take but the Hunter Emblem Key had caught my interest so I've used it and am exploring that area now.

Plenty of Coldblood Dews to pick up so I am levelling up quickly now.

Just realised I never killed Mother Brain in nightmare of mensis so I've to get through most of NG+ before I get the opporutnity to open the last Chalice dungeon.
    Mother Brain drops living string which is a requirement for the Great Pthumeru Ihyll Chalice:(

Is there anyway to fight Yharnam, the Pthumerian Queen by searching for someone elses glyph or will I still need Living String for that too?

I was reading some of the old posts on here and people were saying that if you get to 15 Insight the game gets tougher. I currently have 14 Insight but I have about 10 Madman's Knowledge that I haven't activated.

Would I be better off not activating those so that I don't reach the 15? I'm finding the game tough enough as is.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,413 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I was reading some of the old posts on here and people were saying that if you get to 15 Insight the game gets tougher. I currently have 14 Insight but I have about 10 Madman's Knowledge that I haven't activated.

Would I be better off not activating those so that I don't reach the 15? I'm finding the game tough enough as is.

I was running around with high insight, did notice a few things like new enemies and enemies gaining new abilities. However it wasn't until I killed Amelia that I was above 15 insight and after Amelia the game gets much easier.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I was running around with high insight, did notice a few things like new enemies and enemies gaining new abilities. However it wasn't until I killed Amelia that I was above 15 insight and after Amelia the game gets much easier.

I got to Amelia's lair but didn't fight her yet. I went off on a tangent to the left into the forest area and I'm now due to fight the Witch of Hemwick.

Had one attempt so far. Reckon I actually could have killed her but the soot monsters got in the way. 3 of them managed to corner me.

You are much better off going there first, you'll get the ability to add more upgrades to yourself after that fight (look at the table in the Hunter's Dream).

I think high insight can lead to you becoming frenzied a lot easier as well which was a total pain in the arse for me in later stages.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I've been running around with the maximum insight 99 for all of my Ng and have only noticed that some enemies have new move sets. I'll need all the insight I can get for those insight sucking motherf##keys.

You are much better off going there first, you'll get the ability to add more upgrades to yourself after that fight (look at the table in the Hunter's Dream).

I think high insight can lead to you becoming frenzied a lot easier as well which was a total pain in the arse for me in later stages.

Was actually disappointed with Vicar Amelia. Bet her on my first attempt. Also beat the Witch on my second attempt.

Heading into the Forbidden Forest area now.

Was actually disappointed with Vicar Amelia. Bet her on my first attempt. Also beat the Witch on my second attempt.

Heading into the Forbidden Forest area now.

Fair play to you, you seem to have really picked up on the mechanics far quicker than most people including myself and are flying through it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

I cannot kill Gehrman. It's my second playthrough (first time I actually let him do his thing...) and I'm leveled up quite high. I have a +10 Tonitrus and a +9 Holy blade. I just cannot kill the f*cker. I end up using all of my bullets, getting quite a few parry's and visceral attacks in, just not enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Anyone who is interested in this might be interested in registering to do some Dark Souls 3 stress testing

http://cbt.darksouls3.com/en/

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Anyone who is interested in this might be interested in registering to do some Dark Souls 3 stress testing

Ya, i've done that. Testing weekend is Oct 16th to 18th.

Fair play to you, you seem to have really picked up on the mechanics far quicker than most people including myself and are flying through it :)

Forbidden Woods are tough enough. That lad with the cannon has got me a couple of times now.

After getting FIFA today so hoping to try and maintain my progress at this as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

DeclanRe wrote: »

You need to have a PS+ account in one of those 3 areas to be selected, it will not work on a EU PS+ account.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Who got the bloodborne platinum theme today :)

tok9 wrote: »

The theme looks class. I didn't get it though. Still using the BB theme that came with the official guide.

Would be cool if they sent it out to all future platinum earners. It's a great incentive really.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭marley1

All I can say about this is What a F**** game. I've put hours into it and I'm still only at rom the vacuous spider. It is frustrating and brilliant at the same time, nothing like loosing 70,000 echoes, an hours work and going back to get them and a dog kills you. This is the first time I have played an RPG (or is it an RPG) but I spend my time thinking about the next hunt:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

marley1 wrote: »
    All I can say about this is What a F**** game. I've put hours into it and I'm still only at rom the vacuous spider. It is frustrating and brilliant at the same time, nothing like loosing 70,000 echoes, an hours work and going back to get them and a dog kills you. This is the first time I have played an RPG (or is it an RPG) but I spend my time thinking about the next hunt:pac:

It is an RPG, but has its own niche, you should pick up Demon Souls and Dark Souls 1&2 next, as RPGs go, you will only find a handful of others of its ilk and they are all quite old and not quite the same.

• Advertisement

tok9 wrote: »

I got an email today which seems to indicate that whoever gets a platinum in the future will get he theme:

ImageProxy.mvc?bicild=&canary=DkFMTwOBqLvGwj%2fHYIVh0iNiVvvt37Ud3m5BqkxyQ9I%3d0&url=http%3a%2f%2fimage.playstationmail.net%2flib%2ffe9815707366037b74%2fm%2f33%2fbloodborne-platinum_640px_08.jpg
    Platinum Trophy

A coveted artefact acquired by only the boldest and most diligent hunters.

As so few have come into possession of one, its effects – aside from fostering envy – are only dimly guessed at.

It is said, however, that grasping a Platinum Trophy will gift the triumphant hunter with an exclusive Bloodborne theme for their PlayStation 4 home screen.

Advertisement