Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I was looking at the trophy list on psn profiles and the platinum has a 22.18% which makes its uncommon, I thought it would be ultra rare tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I was looking at the trophy list on psn profiles and the platinum has a 22.18% which makes its uncommon, I thought it would be ultra rare tbh.

It's not as bad as the other souls games.
    I've got everything in the main game for the platinum, just need the beast claw from a chalice dungeon and then beat the final queen in the last Dungeon.
    I was never this close to a platinum in any other the souls game.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Cannot get past the Shadows of Yarnham. Anyone any tips or items I could use?

They're tearing me to shreds the minute I even walk into the combat area.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Lemlin wrote: »

Stay by the pillar to the left and take out the two swordsman first. You can use the pillar to block any long range shots the third enemy use.

Circle around the arena, baiting the katana guy. He'll be the fella most up in your face. Walk around behind the large gravestone then to avoid the fire balls.
    Concentrate all your attack on katana guy. Once he's gone, do the same with the guy with the flamethrower.

Once he's gone, you'll only have the lad throwing fire balls left. Get right up in his grill and keep on hitting him with fast attacks. He should stagger after each hit and wont have a chance to summon the large snakes.

Basically, the hardest part is avoiding the fireballs at the start so use the obstacles around the arena to get out of the way of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

My own way of doing it, was to try and get all 3 guys to about 60% health, as they aren't that tough until they get to there second phase. Then take out the sorcerer dude, as its hard to evade the two other guys with him peppering you and he is pretty open to direct attacks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

To quote myself earlier on run like hell,
    get outside, head to the left as you exit and follow the path around and you'll come to a lamp, and from then on bypass the battle with the trio of hunters until later, when you give a crap.
    The boss upcoming is piss easy btw

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    To quote myself earlier on run like hell,
    get outside, head to the left as you exit and follow the path around and you'll come to a lamp, and from then on bypass the battle with the trio of hunters until later, when you give a crap.
    The boss upcoming is piss easy btw

Do you mean there's a shortcut around the battle before I go through the tempest to fight them?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,413 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think in his old age ciderdude has gotten confused with another section.

I found the shadows quite easy. Just dodge around them until you have one isolated and then get in some hits quickly. Best to get them down to about 60% so they don't go into stage 2 early. Just don't rush your hits unless you are sure they are safe and you aren't going to get ganged up on. I'd take out the mage first as he is the most annoying. The two melee types are easy enough to dodge.

Will have to try and get back into it. FIFA is really eating up the limited playing time I have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Picked this up today for 35 euro in CEX. Any quick tips before I begin? I've played Dark Souls but only for about 5-6 hours. Didn't get very far but enjoyed it still.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Picked this up today for 35 euro in CEX. Any quick tips before I begin? I've played Dark Souls but only for about 5-6 hours. Didn't get very far but enjoyed it still.

Let us know how you get on with it. I was going to buy it in CEX today too.

I've Dark Souls 2 here for ages but found it ridiculously difficult lol

Pac1Man wrote: »

Try an learn from every death. If you rush into an encounter just flailing your weapon, you're gonna get your ar$e handed to you 9 times out of 10.

Early in the game, there is a section with up to 20 enemies on a street. It can be tough to make your way through this, but with patience and a bit of strategy you can do it. I myself spent hours on my first day on this one section but it helped me get my brain in gear for the mechanics of the combat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I know it might sound silly but try to remember that it's only a game and is all designed to be beaten. I actually found it much easier than any of the other souls games, insofar as I never really felt lost.
    It might help to know that the first section that heebusjebus is speaking about, you will soon be returning to and easily leaving all foes in your wake.

Oh and remember to be attack minded. If you can get behind do so.

It's brilliant, but that shouldn't surprise me! I've only played about an hour so far but I'm itching to go back. I got to the crowded street yee have mentioned and didn't fair too badly which hopefully bodes well for the future.

I found attracting their attention and then backing up into a narrow section of the street worked well as it meant I was only facing one at a time instead of being surrounded by two or three. That section at the burning steak instantly brought me back to Resident Evil 4 which is always welcome!

The combat feels so fluid and intuitive especially compared to something like The Witcher 3. I don't think I could go back to that game now.

Ah you're hooked!
    My weapon of choice is the pimp cane. Very fast R1 attack for single opponents but the R1 transformation turns it into a whip which is ideal for walloping a group of enemies from a handy distance.

I heard the cane mentioned before, by retro I think. I'll have to give it a go when I finish with metal gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Retr0 was endorsing it yeah, I wouldn't recommend it to new players though, I'd be a Souls veteran and I found the cane a very difficult start, I eventually left the save as it was too difficult. May go back to it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,413 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd actually recommend the saw blade. The cane is easy to use, the saw blade is more fun :) The cane has a big disadvantage that it has very low damage output unless you use heavy attacks but the range makes up for it a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,399 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I beat the dream guy. Used cane all the way through.

Found it very user friendly.

Oh the joy of finding another checkpoint!

Have just beaten the Cleric Beast at the first time of asking which pleasantly surprised me. I know there are far tougher tests to come though.

I chose the axe btw. It seems to be working well so far.

Anyone any tips for beating Rom? He keeps killing me when he spits the blue blobs from his tail.
    amadablam wrote: »
    Let us know how you get on with it. I was going to buy it in CEX today too.

I've Dark Souls 2 here for ages but found it ridiculously difficult lol

I got this two/three weeks ago. Had never played a Souls game. Was worried about the difficulty. It is hard but far from unplayable. Considering I got it a few weeks ago and my playing time is limited I feel my progress is decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Anyone any tips for beating Rom? He keeps killing me when he spits the blue blobs from his tail.

I got this two/three weeks ago. Had never played a Souls game. Was worried about the difficulty. It is hard but far from unplayable. Considering I got it a few weeks ago and my playing time is limited I feel my progress is decent.

you need to keep rolling when he starts spitting the blobs. think its sideways and forwards, then repeat. Avoid the ickle spiders if possible and use electric buff and wail on him.

Just run and roll when they start to rain down.
    Best strat I've found was to clear out the small spiders first. After Roms first teleport, keep Rom in view while you thin out the pack. If you get close enough he'll change his attack and this one is easier to bait and avoid.
    Use bolt paper or the tonitrus to lay the damage on Rom then.

Main thing though is be patient. You can easily die once surrounded by the small spiders.

When fighting the small spiders don't lock on to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

im going for another playthrough again for the first time

should I just continue with my character who is back at the start on level 80 is the game even harder now on the 2nd run:confused:

should I create a new game altogether:confused:

biggebruv wrote: »
    im going for another playthrough again for the first time

should I just continue with my character who is back at the start on level 80 is the game even harder now on the 2nd run:confused:

should I create a new game altogether:confused:

I found NG+ a lot easier that NG.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

I found NG+ a lot easier that NG.

yeah think im gonna go with NG+

last time I used the hunter axe throughout the whole game loved it

whats the chikage like

• Advertisement

biggebruv wrote: »
    yeah think im gonna go with NG+

last time I used the hunter axe throughout the whole game loved it

whats the chikage like

Not tried it but it sure looks cool. Think you need bloodtinge of 15 to use it. It's not a stat i pumped any points into at all. Think i'm still at 9.

Advertisement