Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloodborne (From Software / Sony)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Will there be a goty edition of bloodborne soon?

I'm in no rush to get it so was thinking if there is likely a goty edition I'd just hold off till then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Will there be a goty edition of bloodborne soon?

I'm in no rush to get it so was thinking if there is likely a goty edition I'd just hold off till then.

more than likely there will be i reckon with the upcoming expansion thrown onto it

thats out November so will most likely pop up sometime after that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Bloodborne is €35 in cex now. Expansion will be €15-20 on release or even cheaper through Canadian store (€9-13) The GOTY will be at least €50. It's such a great game, I'd recommend to buy it now tbh!

biggebruv wrote: »
    more than likely there will be i reckon with the upcoming expansion thrown onto it

thats out November so will most likely pop up sometime after that

Cool thanks for that. Will hold off for now so. Plenty to keep me goin at the minute anyway.

sweetie wrote: »
    Bloodborne is €35 in cex now. Expansion will be €15-20 on release or even cheaper through Canadian store (€9-13) The GOTY will be at least €50. It's such a great game, I'd recommend to buy it now tbh!

I'd rather a new copy with everything included seen as I've waited this long and as I'm not in a rush for it I think I'll just hold off.

I've Mario Maker ordered for this Friday and Destiny DLC to keep me going among other things so yeah definitely no rush.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

sweetie wrote: »

Picked it up today. Have to spend a while to get used to it :)

Update, I gave it a go tonight. Did most of the street but didn't make next lamp. Next time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Okay, I decided to play some bloodborne tonight. And.... Looks like I finished it. If I did, then last boss was a piss and I did him in one go.
    Now there was a choice to make in the end. And looks like if I would have gotten the other option, there would be one more boss?
    I am actually gutted now as I got the **** ending. Don't know if I can bother going through all game now again for it. :(
    I have to say it was so disappointing and I can't believe I was in last area all this time...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Okay, I decided to play some bloodborne tonight. And.... Looks like I finished it. If I did, then last boss was a piss and I did him in one go.
    Now there was a choice to make in the end. And looks like if I would have gotten the other option, there would be one more boss?
    I am actually gutted now as I got the **** ending. Don't know if I can bother going through all game now again for it. :(
    I have to say it was so disappointing and I can't believe I was in last area all this time...

Can you revert your cloud save file?

Was so delighted in myself for beating Watchdog in the Defiled Chalice last night I decided to throw it up on YouTube. It was my first time trying Shareplay too. It was nice and easy.

Anyway, the Watchdog had been kicking my ass for the last 2 days. I was getting better and better but the final stage big jump kept on one shotting me.
    Decided on the run below to stay in his face and only move away when he started his AOE charge. As you can see he never had a chance to perform the big jump.

Just Amygdala left and I can get out of this defiled sh1thole!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Gi joe!

Was so delighted in myself for beating Watchdog in the Defiled Chalice last night I decided to throw it up on YouTube. It was my first time trying Shareplay too. It was nice and easy.

Anyway, the Watchdog had been kicking my ass for the last 2 days. I was getting better and better but the final stage big jump kept on one shotting me.
    Decided on the run below to stay in his face and only move away when he started his AOE charge. As you can see he never had a chance to perform the big jump.

Just Amygdala left and I can get out of this defiled sh1thole!

Nice work, the Defiled Chalice was indeed bullcrap, slashing your health to arbitrarily increase difficulty was very unfair.

Take comfort in the fact that the rest of the dungeons on the path to the last achievement are nowhere near as difficult. I must have been stuck on the Watchdog for a solid week, then beat the final dungeon the day after finally getting through him. :p

• Advertisement

Gi joe! wrote: »
    Nice work, the Defiled Chalice was indeed bullcrap, slashing your health to arbitrarily increase difficulty was very unfair.

Take comfort in the fact that the rest of the dungeons on the path to the last achievement are nowhere near as difficult. I must have been stuck on the Watchdog for a solid week, then beat the final dungeon the day after finally getting through him. :p

Only beaten Amygdala now. Getting tea bagged to death in her final form every singe time.
    Found out that by just standing still when she jumped was the best strategy. Got her in the end anyway.
    Just need 2 more red jellies and some ritual coldbloods for the final Chalice dungeon with Yarnham.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Managed to beat Rom at last. Also stumbled across the Darkbeast Paarl and made quick work of it beating it on my first attempt.

I'm now at The One Reborn and finding it harder. Have started using the Kirkhammer as my weapon as I find the sword part of it better than the Saw Cleaver.

I still can't use the Cannon though. Anyone hazard a guess why?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Lemlin wrote: »
    Managed to beat Rom at last. Also stumbled across the Darkbeast Paarl and made quick work of it beating it on my first attempt.

I'm now at The One Reborn and finding it harder. Have started using the Kirkhammer as my weapon as I find the sword part of it better than the Saw Cleaver.

If memory serves, the Tonitros (sp)? Is the weapon of choice for the one reborn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

I'm stuck at Rom myself at the moment. At about level 45 and I have a Tonitrus + 6. The second phase keeps getting me. Even after calling in help I can't quite get her.
    I actually got fed up and went off and beat Darkbeast Paarl.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

weiland79 wrote: »
    If memory serves, the Tonitros (sp)? Is the weapon of choice for the one reborn

A good rule of thumb is anything beasty/fiendy you want fire for. Anything alien like/otherwordly and you want electricity. So yes the tonitrus would be effective against the one reborn.

I'm stuck at Rom myself at the moment. At about level 45 and I have a Tonitrus + 6. The second phase keeps getting me. Even after calling in help I can't quite get her.
    I actually got fed up and went off and beat Darkbeast Paarl.

I beat him eventually by killing all of the first phase spiders, all of the second phase and, on the third, I'd do my best to avoid the spiders by keeping running round in circles pretty much. The minute I saw the opportunity of a clearing I'd run in and hit Rom a few digs and then leg it out again!

The only problem is you need to watch for a spider managing to hit you and then a few jumping on you.
    Kirby wrote: »
    A good rule of thumb is anything beasty/fiendy you want fire for. Anything alien like/otherwordly and you want electricity. So yes the tonitrus would be effective against the one reborn.

Ended up beating him last night with the Kirkhammer. Found the Tonitrus too slow when I tried it. I pretty much just went to the back of The One Reborn and kept slicing away. Couldn't believe how simple it was to beat him in the end.

He was easier than Rom.

I beat him eventually by killing all of the first phase spiders, all of the second phase and, on the third, I'd do my best to avoid the spiders by keeping running round in circles pretty much. The minute I saw the opportunity of a clearing I'd run in and hit Rom a few digs and then leg it out again!

The only problem is you need to watch for a spider managing to hit you and then a few jumping on you.

Yeah, they keep getting me when I run in. I was clearing the first phase of spiders and then doing as much damage as I could. I even managed to cancel her teleport a few times. But she just keeps trying and eventually gets away. I'm finding it hard to kill the smaller ones while avoiding the ice blocks from the second wave.

Yeah, they keep getting me when I run in. I was clearing the first phase of spiders and then doing as much damage as I could. I even managed to cancel her teleport a few times. But she just keeps trying and eventually gets away. I'm finding it hard to kill the smaller ones while avoiding the ice blocks from the second wave.

Keep running around until Rom shoots an ice block. Run in then and kill one and then start running around again. Repeat until all are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

This game.

After the Cleric Beast I made my way through the sewers to Father Gascoigne. I must have died between 10-15 times over the last two days and then sulked off to bed last night vowing never to play the game again. So at 9.30 this morning I had another go. I finally beat him at the first attempt. Oh the elation!

I'm not sure if I legitimately beat him though. I basically stood behind a bunch of gravestones while he swung and shot aimlessly and then I swooped in for a strong attack and backed off again. Is that cheating?

His beast form was a different story though. Any time I stunned him he would still get a hit in which meant I couldn't capitalize. Two or three petrol bombs eventually took care of him. I'll have to practice my stunning on some trolls I think.

So on we go!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Pac1Man wrote: »
    This game.

After the Cleric Beast I made my way through the sewers to Father Gascoigne. I must have died between 10-15 times over the last two days and then sulked off to bed last night vowing never to play the game again. So at 9.30 this morning I had another go. I finally beat him at the first attempt. Oh the elation!

I'm not sure if I legitimately beat him though. I basically stood behind a bunch of gravestones while he swung and shot aimlessly and then I swooped in for a strong attack and backed off again. Is that cheating?

His beast form was a different story though. Any time I stunned him he would still get a hit in which meant I couldn't capitalize. Two or three petrol bombs eventually took care of him. I'll have to practice my stunning on some trolls I think.

So on we go!
    There is no cheating in souls games. A kills a kill cheap or not.

• Advertisement

Keep running around until Rom shoots an ice block. Run in then and kill one and then start running around again. Repeat until all are gone.

I decided to do a bit of levelling up today before tackling Rom again. Then I went back. After all the trouble she caused me last week I called for some help and got someone who beat her in seconds. Here's the video:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Rom is a git
    Running in and smacking before running away is the only way, only bothering to kill the first round of baby spiders.
    I was trying to kill that thing for a couple of weeks, but got there in the end.

The One Reborne was so simple, kill the creatures on the corridors above then I just got in close to it's midsection and battered it with my Tonitrus. Ran away with the vomiting, then back in.

Rom is basically a tutorial for dealing with lumbering enemies with area of effect attacks, and after that bloated arachnid many later bosses become much simpler.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Rom is one of the most difficult bosses in the game for me anyway, took me 5 or 6 attempts to beat her on my run for the plat trophy last night and my character is lvl 170! So much patience needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,399 ✭✭✭✭noodler

And suddenly I'm done!

Mergo's wet nurse went down at the sixth time of asking.

Had no idea game was ending. Building in the hunters dream on fire and had no idea what was coming when I went to the foot of the tree.

Bit disappointed! Hoped for a bit of story sense!

Assume I got the worst ending. Nothing happened after the incident bar waking up in what looked like another nighttime Yarnham.

Edit: my enforced lack of Internet meant I 100% soloed this which I am a bit proud off (in DS and DS2 I deffo got help).

Think I did demons without help although that was more due to a crap summonigsummoning system.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,412 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's a souls game, you've got to work for story... Or look up vaatividyas videos :)

Seems you missed out on the secret last boss although he is a bit of a push over.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's a souls game, you've got to work for story... Or look up vaatividyas videos :)

I won't rollie eyes you but duh!

This game had actual cur scenes with ppl talking though. I really thought there would be a scene or two.

Guess it'll wait. For playthrough two.

Altho fallout in two weeks...

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Seems you missed out on the secret last boss although he is a bit of a push over.

Is the Secret Lass Boss the one in Hunter's Dream? I'm fighting him at the minute.

Is there anything to be gained by doing the Chalice Dungeons? I did my first one on Friday so have the rest to complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Is the Secret Lass Boss the one in Hunter's Dream? I'm fighting him at the minute.

Is there anything to be gained by doing the Chalice Dungeons? I did my first one on Friday so have the rest to complete.

There are two bosses in hunters dream. One is normal, the other that appears after him is only if you do certain things with an item during the playthrough.

Kirby wrote: »
    There are two bosses in hunters dream. One is normal, the other that appears after him is only if you do certain things with an item during the playthrough.

Hmm. Fought neither.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,412 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

noodler wrote: »
    Hmm. Fought neither.

Thats another option. Either you don't fight the last boss, fight the last boss or do something very obscure and fight another boss after the first one.

Advertisement